Options

The Good Wife Season 3 - More4 - 12th Jan - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Wendy SC said to Will a few weeks ago that if he gave her info about Peter she would forget his case however, Will didn't take the bait so he ended up with the grand jury. So yes Wendy is after Peter so I wonder what her next move will be?

Well, she threatened to report Will to the American Bar Association when confronting Peter. My guess is that she will go forth with that threat. She's after Peter (and for the moment, very angry with Will) and she will do whatever is necessary to succeed in that endeavor. I don't put anything past her.
    Nobody seemed to move when Dana slapped Kalinda lol it was so odd I mean wouldn't you at least look up? I loved the way Dana suddenly realised she had been played and Kalinda had won this time but why do I feel this may backfire as i'm sure Kalinda has a few ghosts in her closet ready to be let out. This is going to sound totally absurd but did anyone else get the feeling Dana could have randomly kissed Kalinda to mess with her again?

No. Did you want that to happen? :p
    Excellent episode and it felt like it was S1 being based around the whole firm and not just a random court case. There was the drama of the grand jury (loved them at the end) and the comedy aspects of Will's lawyer along with the Eli/David and Eli/woman who sounded like Karen from Will and Grace.

The woman with Eli was Stacie Hall portrayed by the funny Amy Sedaris. Eli and David, those two just crack me up. :D

This episode is one of many that goes straight to my favorites list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Excellent episode. Glad that Wendy got her comeuppance and glad to see Carey didn't like her tactics.

Not keen on Will but love Kalinda.

Eli, class as always. :cool:

I wonder why so many don't like Will? :confused: For the record, I like him. :p
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    I wonder why so many don't like Will? :confused: For the record, I like him. :p

Liked him first couple of series, just slowly gone off him.

Much prefer Eli and Carey.
  • Options
    songbird0311songbird0311 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    ark wrote: »
    Why didnt Alicia take the 5th when asked whether she had had a sexual relationship with Will? and why was it only when asked whether she was fast tracked to partner that she actually walked out?

Loved the episode overall though![/QUOTE

When the judge was taking the 5th, they've mentioned that he could either answer questions or take the 5th, can't do both. As Alicia was already answering questions, my guess is that she couldn't take the 5th....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didnt Alicia take the 5th when asked whether she had had a sexual relationship with Will? and why was it only when asked whether she was fast tracked to partner that she actually walked out?

Loved the episode overall though![/QUOTE

When the judge was taking the 5th, they've mentioned that he could either answer questions or take the 5th, can't do both. As Alicia was already answering questions, my guess is that she couldn't take the 5th....

I think Alicia walked out as what Wendy was asking had nothing to do with fiddling judges.

Lol no I didn't want Kalinda/Dana to happen Squiggle that wouldn't interest me I just meant sometimes US shows do that.:cool:
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    bingbong wrote: »
    This series is a definte improvement on the last for me. The less of the Kalinda character the better the show. I cant tell if the actress is really wooden or its the plot, not for me. The love on this forum for the character....totally baffles me.
    :eek:

I need to lie down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingbong wrote: »
    This series is a definte improvement on the last for me. The less of the Kalinda character the better the show. I cant tell if the actress is really wooden or its the plot, not for me. The love on this forum for the character....totally baffles me.

I think the point of Kalinda is that she can be wooden and unemotional at times that's why she found it so difficult with Carey because in my opinion she found it difficult to allow herself to show feelings. I have a feeling there may be a reason for this I hope so anyway. I'm not saying she doesn't have any emotion as I think she also really misses Alicia but again just can't tell her but shows it in other ways like secretly finding Grace. Also she is a PI she has to be able to fly under the radar.
  • Options
    Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the point of Kalinda is that she can be wooden and unemotional at times that's why she found it so difficult with Carey because in my opinion she found it difficult to allow herself to show feelings. I have a feeling there may be a reason for this I hope so anyway. I'm not saying she doesn't have any emotion as I think she also really misses Alicia but again just can't tell her but shows it in other ways like secretly finding Grace. Also she is a PI she has to be able to fly under the radar.

Think I saw somewhere that
    Calinda's husband was being casted :eek: Should be intresting if true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    :eek:

I need to lie down.

Move over a bit, would ya? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I saw somewhere that
    Calinda's husband was being casted :eek: Should be intresting if true

Ooh that's exciting
    what was it about her husband again? He was Canadian wasn't he? Didn't the other PI (working with that partner they sacked) say it was for tax purposes? Will he appear in S3 or the next one?
  • Options
    Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh that's exciting
    what was it about her husband again? He was Canadian wasn't he? Didn't the other PI (working with that partner they sacked) say it was for tax purposes? Will he appear in S3 or the next one?
    I cant recall all I remember was that she seems scared when the other guy mentioned her husband (could be wrong because I watch season 2 in like 3 days so forgot some of it now :(). I have no idea sorry I just read it somewhere, it might not be true, but I hope it is as I like Calinda and I will show more about her past
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this show is getting better and better. But, for me, the Alicia character, although obviously pivotal to the whole setup, is the most boring of all. Okay, I don't like the way Juliana Marguiles is playing her - too smug, and yes I know every man in the world is after me - but compared to Kalinda, or anyone else, she actually doesn't seem to do much. I know JM has a big fan club but I just don't think this show suits her. Or maybe she was just ER and not much else. And, to add a bit of trivia, she's looking odd. Something's gone wrong with her hair and her body seems out of proportion with her head. But I love all the other characters, just think she's the weak link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this show is getting better and better. But, for me, the Alicia character, although obviously pivotal to the whole setup, is the most boring of all. Okay, I don't like the way Juliana Marguiles is playing her - too smug, and yes I know every man in the world is after me - but compared to Kalinda, or anyone else, she actually doesn't seem to do much. I know JM has a big fan club but I just don't think this show suits her. Or maybe she was just ER and not much else. And, to add a bit of trivia, she's looking odd. Something's gone wrong with her hair and her body seems out of proportion with her head. But I love all the other characters, just think she's the weak link.

I have said that, her and Will are my least 2 favourite characters. Shows you what a great show it is as that does not matter at all to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not that keen on Alicia either and Will seems to mope a lot nowadays whereas Diane is in it a lot more now and Eli part is growing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like Alicia, but I can see where some people are coming from who don't. In some ways I think this season has done quite well to undermine the goodyness she started out with.

I think they quickly took to portraying her relationship with Will as quite a negative, indulgent thing both in regards to distracting her from her work and causing her to lie to her children. I thought the argument with Peter was more about her own guilt at having had her fun at her families expense, just as he had done (although to a lesser extent), not about her feeling she had betrayed him.

My other thought on the matter is that as the main character she's had most of her secrets laid bare and I guess as they say, familiarity breeds contempt. Would Kalinda have been able to have her secrets and mysteries for 3 seasons if she was front and centre? Or were the more over the top characters like Eli (and Elsbeth and the likes of the divorce guy whose name I'm blanking on) at the forefront the tone of the show would likely be much different.

Okay, putting that to one side, I'm not too sure how I felt about the last episode. On the one hand I did like Kalinda and Will getting one over on WSC and Dana, as well as Cary's objectioning to WSC's line of questioning to Alicia. However I felt the way the Grand Jury went against the case in the end felt too conveniant and a bit superficial (they didn't like the focus on Alicia's sex life or felt the Judge pleading the 5th was a bit shady). It made some of the stuff that preceeded it, like Kalinda and Wills outplaying WSC and Elsbeth's defense of tying the case to Peter, feel a bit pointless.

I guess I'm saying that I hope that's not the end of Will's troubles and that WSC's threat at the end wasn't just empty bluster. There's too many tantalising loose ends to leave it there, like Will saying that the case he had Kalinda leak wasn't their real weakness and WSC using trying to use Will to get Peter. Peter and Will being thrown together to both defend themselves against WSC would be an interesting turn of events. Also I always felt that Will constantly saying that 'there's nothing there' was either him trying to convince himself as much as other people or that he's so compromised he can't even see the ethical line anymore.

Anyway that's enough rambling for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want WSC to go after Peter so that we have an exciting end to the season and not a damp squib
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Wendy SC said to Will a few weeks ago that if he gave her info about Peter she would forget his case however, Will didn't take the bait so he ended up with the grand jury. So yes Wendy is after Peter so I wonder what her next move will be?

Thanks for this info, I knew Wendy Scott Carr commented on this issue to someone but could not remember to whom or the context. :)
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just managed to sit down and watch this weeks episode, what an absolutely first class episode. Loved it from start to finish ....
    Nobody seemed to move when Dana slapped Kalinda lol it was so odd I mean wouldn't you at least look up? .

I know it did make me laugh. I did find it quite odd too that a seemingly respectable lawyer for the states attorney would march out of court and start slapping people in the corridor, I kind of think she might have waited until later, but all adds to the drama I guess. But yes a few raised eyebrows wouldn't have gone amiss!

Loved the episode overall though!

I think that after the judges testimony and then Will's more honest testimony they realised that it looked better if you actually awnsered the questions and more suspicious if you didn't so she started off taking Will's tack. When she realised that WSC was just on a total witch hunt she walked out. She prob also knew Peter would flip about it and back her up.
    Stansfield wrote: »
    [Did anyone else want Cary to walk out, when Wendy "My assistant will validate your Parking" Scott-Carr was dishing the dirt on Alicia.

Yes me! I'd have loved it if he'd walked out. I loved his little smirks here and there during the hearing when he realised that Kalinda had managed to clear Will. He was def more on team LG than team WSC during this particular case.
    I am not that keen on Alicia either and Will seems to mope a lot nowadays whereas Diane is in it a lot more now and Eli part is growing.

I liked Will a lot more when he was with the girlfriend he had last series. She was fun and bought out the fun side of him. I'd quite like her to come back actually, it would be interesting with Alicia too if she made a sudden reappearence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pants just stumbled into the US pace thread as I accidentally thought people were commenting in this one but luckily I noticed what had happened. Hmm so Kalinda has a big case coming her way and I guess that's why they are
    casting her husband as didn't she marry him for tax reasons?
    . I do like Eli but hopefully this story with his ex wife is going somewhere as it feels a bit forced.

Will wait for others to comment before I say anything more.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Not overly keen on Eli and the ex wife story either, it's vaguely amusing, but I too find it somewhat forced.

What is in Kalindas file? Am DIEING to know!! Do we finally find out about her past?
    Is Will out of the rest of the series I wonder?

I think Diane is my new favourite character, I adore her. I love Kalinda and Eli too, but Diane is just amazing. She just quietly goes about her work, but she's such an incredible actress.

I'm loving Caitlin too, I like how they are gently letting her role evolve and aren't forcing her too obviously as a femme fatale, which is the road I thought they would go down. It will be interesting to see how she develops!!

And what about Carey letting Dana go? She's going to have a serious axe to grind with Kalinda now, watch your back Kalinda. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    I think Diane is my new favourite character, I adore her. I love Kalinda and Eli too, but Diane is just amazing. She just quietly goes about her work, but she's such an incredible actress.

I adore Diane. You would want her in your corner. :D
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Glomper wrote: »
    Kalinda, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There's just something about her physically, don't know what it is, but I like it.

She and Eli, both British too.

Kalinda and Eli are my 2 fav characters. Kalinda is incredibly sexy.

I only started watching in this series but am hooked but JM's role just isn't that interesting to me. The crazy redhead lawyer and Diane are far more interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't Dana was let go just moved off the exciting stuff but I do agree she will be after Kalinda. They said they were fighting a tax case for Kalinda but then they also said it had gone past what a tax lawyer could do so that intrigues me as to what the case is about.

Diane lying about Will setting up the Pro Bono stuff was so noble and it showed how much she carefree Will. Diane's actress can obviously devote mote time to GW as she used to be just a bit part but now she has as big a role as Eli and Kalinda. I don't think Will is going to disappear he just won't be at the firm. Also then are they lining up Alicia for a junior partnership?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Not overly keen on Eli and the ex wife story either, it's vaguely amusing, but I too find it somewhat forced.
    Loved Eli's Bin Laden Problem. It was better then the Main Case...about the Software Company, but it was down to Kalinda, and I loved it when she worked out where that Guy was on Skype, with the Cushion, was it.:cool:.....and now Alicia & Kalinda are going to get, even closer, what with Alicia representing, Kalinda.......should be FUN.

But Will's 6 months out of the Office, was the big story for me.:eek:...That was Wendy's Sting~in~the~Tail.....Ouch!

Great to see Denis O'Hare back as the Judge....:cool:

???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges can be the best part of the episode sometimes. Yes Eli's sort of enemy woman asking Kalimnda how she found out about the ex wife sleeping with Bin Laden was excellent.

Yes I hope the Kalinda/Alicia bit is worth it as they need to pair them up as friends again as surely Alicia must have forgiven Kalinda by now?