Playing it Straight making a return

Comments

• BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm with the minority who think Sam is straight! After his hammock time with Cara, when she left he sort of rolled over on the hammock groaning.

I suppose it could have been frustration at her not trusting him, but it seemed much more to me your typical male sexual frustration thing, kinda like "God I need a cold shower" She wasn't looking at him so there was no need to act!

I think Sven is Gay
    Danny and Dean I'm not sure about!

However having read the above I think I'm gonna go with Sam and Dean are straight, although it could be just Sam!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    I'm with the minority who think Sam is straight! After his hammock time with Cara, when she left he sort of rolled over on the hammock groaning.

I suppose it could have been frustration at her not trusting him, but it seemed much more to me your typical male sexual frustration thing, kinda like "God I need a cold shower" She wasn't looking at him so there was no need to act!

I think Sven is Gay
    Danny and Dean I'm not sure about!

However having read the above I think I'm gonna go with Sam and Dean are straight, although it could be just Sam!

I took that as him feeling guilty that he was lying to her and reassuring her she can trust him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh it's not long now! What a great series!

My final predo's:

sam gay
    sven gay
    danny straight
    dean straight

danny to win!
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Here are my guesses after last Monday's episode:

Ben - Gay (correct)
    Danny - Straight
    Dean - Gay
    Jordan- Straight (correct)
    Levi - Gay (incorrect)
    Mitch - Gay (correct)
    Sam - Straight
    Sven - Gay

Guessed correctly:
    Andrei - Straight
    David - Gay

Before I started watching:
    Fillipo - Straight
    Kyle - Gay
    Fletcher - Straight
    Leroy - Gay

My reasoning for Sven being gay is that he seems too obviously straight, so I think he's a decoy. Danny is very effeminate, but somehow I think he's straight. Ben and Sam look so obviously gay that I think at least one of them must be straight. It's been known for identical twins to have different sexual orientations, so I'm hedging my bets (be funny if I got it the wrong way around!). Don't think Levi is straight, despite what most people are saying.

I don't think it would be that strange if none of the boys fancied Cara. If the chemistry isn't there, it isn't there. There's nothing wrong in wanting a share of the £50k. They all know it's a game.

I'm starting to think Dean is straight now despite his "tramp stamp" and Mitch's comments (though I think he's right about Sven, who may have cleverly engineered his martial arts and Manga cartoon-loving persona). Also doubting my initial opinions on Danny and Sam. I don't see Danny as a typical Essex boy. I've been assuming his more feminine traits are brought out because he spends a lot of time with women and gay men through his line of work (still gorgeous, either way!). As for Sam, I don't understand why they'd have both very gay-acting brothers on the programme if they were both gay, but maybe that's what they expect us and Cara to think!

This programme really plays with your head, but I love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Kara really made my blood boil on tues, it was unbelievably obvious that Jordan was straight! Plus he was fit, I enjoyed perving on him! I knew he wasn’t gay because he never mentioned his sexuality and when he first came in he said ‘ wow, I really cant tell whos gay!’ – a gay person would be straight on the look out. A massive clue to his sexuality and I don’t know if anyone else picked this up… when ever he hugged Kara he would put his hands on her lower back around her bum – that’s how men hug women they are romantically linked to (and a girl places her arms around the mans neck) And probably the most biggest clue of all.. you could sometimes pick up on his awkwardness, most straight men just don’t know what to say or where to look when the topic or atmosphere becomes homosexual. Not because they are homophobic or anything they just seem uncomfortable or bemused. He stuck out like a sore thumb as the only straight one left after Levi left!

Levi was another one, it was obvious he was straight. He wasn’t intelligent enough to pull off a lie, he was very simple and ‘what you see is what you get’, he never pushed his sexuality, when asked he would spend more time saying how effeminate some of his habits are and how he understands why people mis-interpret it but you could just tell he was straight, there was is something very innocent and unconscientious about the way he is, plus he mentioned girls a few times.

I must admit I thought Ben was straight, because he was so camp, I thought he was the straight one and his less camp twin Sam would turn out to be gay! I was wrong, im glad she kept him in for as long as she did tho as he was adoreable!

Danny and Dean are so obviously gay, Dean blinks a lot and looks very uncomfortable when she is doing the eliminations and Danny is so camp! They are both sly and have each others backs – you can tell it’s a game to them 2 and I reckon they are having some secret fling cos the way they are together just aint right.

Sam could be either, he isn’t actually that camp when u see him with Kara he seems quite comfortable however I think Kara wants him to be straight and has forsaken far more reliable contestants to save him. And he seems genuinely nervous during eliminations, which indicates hes lying. but im quite torn.

I don’t really like Sven, I think hes a game player and I seen someone say before on here they think hes asexual, iv thought this before! I cannot work him out but seeing him argue with other contestants makes me think hes gay, because straight men don’t argue and bitch with each other like that and he also has a burning desire to win which makes you question his character. He also said ‘im going to be extra careful of what I say and how I act’ I think hes more likely to be gay - but hes a strange one for sure!

Kara is so stupid, shes a lovely girl but she follows her heart instead of her head, she wants to believe that these men shes learned to love are being genuine to her like she is them but that’s not how the game works. Her gaydar is pretty rubbish , I haven’t always been right about the contestants iv gotten 1 or 2 wrong but she fails to spot the obvious, or ignores it to avoid getting hurt (even though its inevitable!) … I cant believe she sent Jordan home and kept Dean and Danny! He was the only reliable one left.

She is probably going to lose now I think, I think Sam and Sven are the only 2 hopes she has left, even though its increasingly unlikely either of them are straight.. I hope Sam comes through for her though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sj3000 wrote: »
    I've known Ben was gay since last week when I saw him in a London gay bar with someone who is still on the show... not entirely sure they are a couple now but they did have their tongues down each other's throat at one point.... spoiled it a bit for me :( He's *VERY* camp in real life, I'm surprised he made it so far but I guess as Cara mentioned, she really enjoyed his company.

I've really enjoyed this show... my guilty pleasure of the last few weeks.

Can you put the other name in a spoiler for us impatient people please! ;)
  • Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sj3000 wrote: »
    I've known Ben was gay since last week when I saw him in a London gay bar with someone who is still on the show... not entirely sure they are a couple now but they did have their tongues down each other's throat at one point.... spoiled it a bit for me :( He's *VERY* camp in real life, I'm surprised he made it so far but I guess as Cara mentioned, she really enjoyed his company.

I've really enjoyed this show... my guilty pleasure of the last few weeks.

oh go on, whack it in a spoiler tag :D;)
  • LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Sam:
    Well used to know him. He's from Brighton but now lives in Leicester for Uni. He's gay. I was seeing him for a while but it wasn't working out and we fell out and broke up. Those of you who say you fancy him...believe me you wouldn't if you met him in real life. Absolute idiot. Part of the reason he went to Uni was because everyone on the Brighton gay scene hated him and so he left. He's nothing whatsoever like he comes across on the show. Ben on the other hand is a really nice guy.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merrt wrote:
    Ahh it's not long now! What a great series!

My final predo's:

sam gay
    sven gay
    danny straight
    dean straight

danny to win!

I think I am coming to this way of thinking although I also think it could just be one straight guy left and I think that may be Danny, Dean I'm 50:50 on, Sam I think is gay and Sven I did think was straight but now I think he is probably gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took that as him feeling guilty that he was lying to her and reassuring her she can trust him?

Ooooooh you could be right!

Up until I came on here Danny was the only one I was sure was straight

Now I'm thinking it's maybe just Dean left who's straight.

Mitch did say Sven and Dean were gay and Danny was straight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would definitely help if some of them fancied her! I'm sure lots of snogging went on last series. Everyone is being very polite!

She needs to really test them and she can't test them by watching how manly they are baking or whatever! The whole point of the show is that stereotypes mean nothing! The only way to test them is to make the uncomfortable or verrrrry comfortable! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would definitely help if some of them fancied her! I'm sure lots of snogging went on last series. Everyone is being very polite!

She needs to really test them and she can't test them by watching how manly they are baking or whatever! The whole point of the show is that stereotypes mean nothing! The only way to test them is to make the uncomfortable or verrrrry comfortable! ;-)

haha they did have a snogging challenge to be fair and they were all useless except Levi and Sam I think. Ben and Danny didn't even kiss her on the lips :rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Sam:
    Well used to know him. He's from Brighton but now lives in Leicester for Uni. He's gay. I was seeing him for a while but it wasn't working out and we fell out and broke up. Those of you who say you fancy him...believe me you wouldn't if you met him in real life. Absolute idiot. Part of the reason he went to Uni was because everyone on the Brighton gay scene hated him and so he left. He's nothing whatsoever like he comes across on the show. Ben on the other hand is a really nice guy.

nice to see there is no bitterness ;):p
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    The point of the show is to show that silly stereotypes ultimately mean nothing. The first series was won by a gay man who wasn't even remotely camp and by far the most macho guy in the whole thing. The girl picked him cause she assumed he was a safe bet and boy was she proved wrong.
    Well she wasn't actually because they gay guy she picked (anyone remember his name?) let her keep the money, he felt he had won by proving the point that stupid stereotypes of gay men are just that stupid stereotypes.
    Its been a while that was the jist I think...

But ultimately its just a bit of fun that pokes fun at straight men as well as it does gay men. I'm all for equal opportunities piss taking.

In regards to the preview of Cara teling someone to eff off next week don't we also hear her call them a "lying little S:eek::eek:t in the preview they show at the start of each show. So I think it must be one of the gay guys...
    In his interview yesterday Ben said there were two shockers one about some one who ISN'T gay and one about some one who IS.
    The ones most would be surprised being gay I think are Sven and Danny and given that im pretty much 100% sure Danny is gay and dating Ben, i'm going to go with him as the gay shocker and that must mean Sven is straigh :confused:

and then Dean and Sam are the two I think alot of people would be surprised were straight. No idea on those two though. Dean just seems a bit of a plonker so I'll go with him as straight and Sam as gay, but I wouldn't put money on it

I just think it could be more interesting if they didn't base it on preconceived stereotypes. The show promotes them to then refute them. If that's the case, I'll admit that maybe I got the show wrong. Ultimately surely it is the woman picking who looks the biggest prat for believing such stereotypes in the first place. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only shock to me would be if Sven is Gay. All of them keep talking about how there will be huge shockers. I'm thinking maybe Sven will be gay and Dean will be straight? Who knows. I'm confused but I will have to stick to my original predictions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    This is my prediction:

Danny: Straight
    Sven: Gay (shocker)
    Sam: Gay
    Dean: Straight (shocker)
    I know for a fact Sven is gay so not a shocker to me but to others as he is so not stereotypically 'gay'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooooh you could be right!

Up until I came on here Danny was the only one I was sure was straight

Now I'm thinking it's maybe just Dean left who's straight.

Mitch did say Sven and Dean were gay and Danny was straight

I'm with you, was sure Danny was straight til i read the spoiler on here saying;
    Ben is seeing one of the guys remaining on the show. I can't see it being Sven and even though i do/did think Dean is gay i can't see those two together. Danny seems the most likely..but i had him down as straight

I am rooting for Cara to win the cash but if Sven is gay and wins then i do think it is deserved. He will have played an excellent game. Stating from the outset that he does not fancy Cara was a good way to throw her off and ease the pressure for him to show attraction towards her if he is gay.

I thought he was very clever when just before it seemed like he was about to be sent home during an elimination, he said "if i do go home then i just want to say thank you very much for showing an interest in my manga books even if you didnt really care" (something along those lines anyway)

If Cara had have been about to send him home then i think that would have tugged at her heartstrings enough to think ahh i will just keep him another week.

There was an earlier spoiler on here about Dean;
    that he is straight but has a long term girlfriend
    and i am starting to believe that. I think it explains some of his behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donia 1998- i agree i thought Jordan was Cara's only sure bet. For me he was even more obviously straight than Levi. (to stick up for Cara against those saying she was silly to eliminate Levi, his obvious discomfort when just sat on the bed with her was bound to make her doubt him. that plus the fact that he seemed too straight)

I also think Jordan was the only one who really fancied Cara and was interested in her romantically.

It must have been the "when did you come out?" - "19" comment that did it :(
    I can only think that Jordan thought she meant when did you first go out clubbing, lol bless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I do believe that Dean my be straight now, but what on earth is that tattoo on his lower back all about??
  • Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member

I noticed that too and wondered if he was trying to hide something. So far I've had a 50/50 hit rate exactly the same as if I were picking names at random.

People who say that Cara's gaydar is off - I really think it's pretty hard to work out who is what as they have a good mix of straight and gay acting guys, any of whom some of the people some of the time.

Sam got quite cross with Sven about his gameplay. I don't know whether that means if it turns out that Sam or the others are gay they'd split the money with Cara, or if they're just trying to throw her off the scent.

I think Dean and Sven are gay and Sam and Danny are straight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny tweeted this yesterday
    Maybe @playing_it_cara not actually dumb and she eliminated some of you because she though you wer T***S not gay #justsaying
    (gramatical and spelling errors Danny's own ;):))

He didn't directly mention Jordan but if you follow Jordan you will have seen him RTing tweets calling Cara dumb for daring to think he was gay and actually being down right rude to her. So my guess is it was aimed at him :cool:

I've unfollowed him a silly wee boy that needs to grow up imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny tweeted this yesterday

(gramatical and spelling errors Danny's own ;):))

He didn't directly mention Jordan but if you follow Jordan you will have seen him RTing tweets calling Cara dumb for daring to think he was gay and actually being down right rude to her. So my guess is it was aimed at him :cool:

I've unfollowed him a silly wee boy that needs to grow up imo

You can never really tell of grammatical (it's spelled
    lt with a double m by the way ;)) errors on Twitter because you have to shorten the words a lot due to the word limit. He isn't really the brightest spark anyway though, is he?

Yeah I instantly thought it's aimed at Jordan too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can never really tell of grammatical (it's spelled
    lt with a double m by the way ;)) errors on Twitter because you have to shorten the words a lot due to the word limit. He isn't really the brightest spark anyway though, is he?

Yeah I instantly thought it's aimed at Jordan too.

I can't spell at all part of the reason I have such a soft spot for Danny. He is one of my own :p:)

and I think Danny may be alot smarter than people are giving him credit for...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't spell at all part of the reason I have such a soft spot for Danny. He is one of my own :p:)

and I think Danny may be alot smarter than people are giving him credit for...

Haha, I wasn't being mean. Just correcting you because I thought you were being a grammar Nazi lol. :p

Yeah well he is certainly playing the game very well, if you know what I mean. ;)