Silk.

ArtytartyArtytarty Posts: 61
Forum Member
Hi, someone told me they had seen a trailer for the new series of Silk, the barrister series featuring Maxine Peake. Did anyone else see and or know when it is supposed to be starting?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good series but the barrister character played by Peake seemed a bit common, not the class of person who would conventionally become a barrister. They're usually posh.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    It was a good series but the barrister character played by Peake seemed a bit common, not the class of person who would conventionally become a barrister. They're usually posh.

Don't tell me Peake was playing a northerner with a massive chip on her shoulder cos she's never done that before :rolleyes:
  • ArtytartyArtytarty Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to it although I know it is not a very accurate representation of the profession.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to remember what happened with her pregnancy. Did she conveniently miscarry?
  • ArtytartyArtytarty Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Yes ,I think she collapsed on the court steps and then lost the baby.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Oh yes, I remember now. Probably best. Nothing should get in the way of her reading her case notes in the middle of the night while drinking lager. :D

I did actually really enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to new episodes.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the last series, Frances Barber is in the new series.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we still see Nick and Martha scene, i did like their whole teacher-student scenes..... they were the main things for me
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Natalie Dormer (and the male pupil) left?
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Dormer's cute little bum will not be appearing in the new series.

Total disgrace. :mad:
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Dormer's cute little bum will not be appearing in the new series.

Total disgrace. :mad:

Worry not she is in the new series of Game of Thrones ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Has Natalie Dormer (and the male pupil) left?

Does that mean we won't find out who was being taken on? Seems a bit weird, I really like Natalie Dormer and Tom Hughes is a very good actor. Shame. :(
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

Let the stereotypical comments commence :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the new series, decent revision break TV!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember what happened with her pregnancy. Did she conveniently miscarry?

The first series was recently shown, I watched the last episode to remind me in time for the new series. Glad I did, I had forgotten loads.

She got Silk. Rupert thought he had it. One of the legal staff, Kate, there was trying to get Billy out and form a breakaway firm, but she was rumbled.

The firm were trying to decide which of the interns to take on, Niamh or Nick. they both given a case to read up on and then face the firm with. Rupert gave Niamh (whom he was sleeping with) an unfair advantage, she wanted to come clean but he stopped her. No decision had been made.

Martha, won a big case where that young lad she quite liked, Mark Draper, who was being pimped out, was accused of killing a judge.

There is the unfinished business of this guy, Gary Rush, aggravated burglary, who keeps sending her evidence and wants her to represent him. He was the one that punched her in the stomach causing her to lose the baby.

Series 2 will begin at 9pm on May 15th 2012 on BBC One and BBC One HD.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    The first series was recently shown, I watched the last episode to remind me in time for the new series. Glad I did, I had forgotten loads.

She got Silk. Rupert thought he had it. One of the legal staff, Kate, there was trying to get Billy out and form a breakaway firm, but she was rumbled.

The firm were trying to decide which of the interns to take on, Niamh or Nick. they both given a case to read up on and then face the firm with. Rupert gave Niamh (whom he was sleeping with) an unfair advantage, she wanted to come clean but he stopped her. No decision had been made

Martha, won a big case where that young lad she quite liked, Mark Draper, who was being pimped out, was accused of killing a judge.

There is the unfinished business of this guy, Gary Rush, aggravated burglary, who keeps sending her evidence and wants her to represent him. He was the one that punched her in the stomach causing her to lose the baby.

Series 2 will begin at 9pm on May 15th 2012 on BBC One and BBC One HD.

Where and when was series 1 repeated? just as a matter of interest.
    I wish I'd known, it's good to refresh the memory ready for the new series:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    Where and when was series 1 repeated? just as a matter of interest.

I wish I'd known, it's good to refresh the memory ready for the new series:)

It was Monday, 11.30pm, BBC HD, last one was Bank Holiday Monday. I remember seeing the first one advertised, so I thought I would watch the last one to catch up.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes - Rupert Penry-Block-of-Wood-Jones

Can't the Beeb find a better actor...................Please?
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and the fella from Whitechapel. not watching it carefully I was confused!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Rupert Penry-Jones, though more so in Spooks and Whitechapel than Silk. Maxine Peake is the star for me.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see this :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget, new series starts tonight. :)

9pm - BBC One HD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan of courtroom films (12 angry men, a few good men etc), so does this show follow a similar concept and do you need to watch the previous series to know about the show and characters?

Regards
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have this back. This was one of my favourite BBC dramas from last year.