Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously cant stand Mitzeee's sister what a horrid actress, though she does make Mitzeee look prettier, so must be the job she wanted to do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plant wrote: »
    What on earth are they doing to Brendan? Is this really the best way they could come up with reforming him. Talking to horribly saccharine children and getting God. His character really deserves better. :mad:

I agree, that sick child scene was cringeworthy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    Room 1 Myra
    Room 2 Jacqui & Rhys in bed,Phoebe on floor
    Room 3 Carmel,Mitzeee & Maxine (theres 3 beds)
    Room 4 Teresa & Angel
    Bart on the sofa

I Think when the Mqueens first joined there was 4 rooms anyway because you had

Room 1 Myra
    Room 2 Jacqui (shes always had her own room when living at the Mcqueen house)
    Room 3 Tina,Mercedes & Michala
    Room 4 John Paul

You forgot Martha is on the sofa and JP is coming back :eek:
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »

There might be one less McQueen then though ;)

hopefully Bart!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I seriously cant stand Mitzeee's sister what a horrid actress, though she does make Mitzeee look prettier, so must be the job she wanted to do

I think she is hilarious looking, I seriously can't understand how people can find her attractive, but that is from a female point of view. Orange, tacky and vulgar.
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Myra has all these people living with her. Half of them have got jobs or access to money and yet they are so poor they are all starving. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well Bart could be on the floor in the living room,either that or room 4 Has 2 beds.Anyway by time JP Returns Martha should be back at hers & Rhys,Jacqui &,Phoebe should be back at there flat (well...depending if Rhys & Jacqui are still together)
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermeille wrote: »
    I think she is hilarious looking, I seriously can't understand how people can find her attractive, but that is from a female point of view. Orange, tacky and vulgar.

I agree, I said I thought she was weird looking yesterday but apparently she is really fit. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, that sick child scene was cringeworthy

sick children scenes are always cringeworthy.

i do agree - brendan brady (and emmett scanlan) deserve more. it was his funny, loopy, dark, bad-assery humour that i think cemented him as a fan favourite and HO legend. it added to the complexity of the character and emmetts acting managed to keep him likable, or in the words of eoghain (some of the only words i agreed with from him), 'magnetic'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HI all!! newbie here!! be gentle!! just wondering who the actress who plays tilly is? she is stunning!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI all!! newbie here!! be gentle!! just wondering who the actress who plays tilly is? she is stunning!!
    Lucy Dixon and yes she is (in MHO)
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myra has all these people living with her. Half of them have got jobs or access to money and yet they are so poor they are all starving. :rolleyes:

Just because you have a job, doesn't mean you have money.
    Some jobs around here are just a few hours a week (less than 12 hours).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

she is stunning,but she was better in Waterloo Road.Ever since she joined HO She had the crappy Shagging the Teacher SL & Now just seems to have gone to waste
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    sick children scenes are always cringeworthy.

i do agree - brendan brady (and emmett scanlan) deserve more. it was his funny, loopy, dark, bad-assery humour that i think cemented him as a fan favourite and HO legend. it added to the complexity of the character and emmetts acting managed to keep him likable, or in the words of eoghain (some of the only words i agreed with from him), 'magnetic'.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Brendan is still likeable - but for me, it's like being given a Weight Watchers-lite chocolate dessert when you really want to be sinfully indulgent with some super-rich, calorie-laden Devil's chocolate cake, smothered in lashings of double cream. Something is missing, and I feel a bit cheated. I miss old Brendan :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great actress and underused or in the case of an affair with her teacher, abused. Lucy Dixon. Late of Waterloo Road. I am so pleased that they have changed her and not included her in this whole bullying SL.

On different tac, how telling that this E4 epiisode has been met with how tardis llike the the Mcqueen house is and what is happening to Brendan and nothing more.

Thoroughly disappointed in tonights E4. Being bored is one thing but what they have done to Brendan is so much another thing. In the most if I have complained about an EP then I figure it is just not to my taste and other people have different viewes.

Tonight I very much feel that I have just spent 30 minutes wasted. Basically nothing gained.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    You forgot Terreh the dog :D

Terreh the dog out acts most of the cast these days. We need to see more Terreh:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Terreh the dog out acts most of the cast these days. We need to see more Terreh:D

looks better than a few as well
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vermeille wrote: »

Mitzeee or the sister?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi and welcome to the thread hallrose *waves*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    The sister, I think Mitzee is pretty and is one the ones I wouldn't mind looking like!
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    What on earth are they doing to Brendan? Is this really the best way they could come up with reforming him. Talking to horribly saccharine children and getting God. His character really deserves better. :mad:

Well I think he's always had God, he's a Catholic, he wears a crucifix. :p

But yeah, the scene with the little girl was terrible. And the giving money to Myra, that made me wince. But I did like him talking to the priest, that was OK.

And I like Maxine. I think she's supposed to look trashy, so what? It's who she is. I think her and Mitzeee work really well together.

Martha Kane was good as well today.

So, sickly ickle gurlies aside, I quite liked this episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    Room 1 Myra
    Room 2 Jacqui & Rhys in bed,Phoebe on floor
    Room 3 Carmel,Mitzeee & Maxine (theres 3 beds)
    Room 4 Teresa & Angel
    Bart on the sofa

I Think when the Mqueens first joined there was 4 rooms anyway because you had

Room 1 Myra
    Room 2 Jacqui (shes always had her own room when living at the Mcqueen house)
    Room 3 Tina,Mercedes & Michala
    Room 4 John Paul

doesn't Bart have his own room? The most recent it appeared was at the very beginning of 'Who Sh*gged Sinead?' when he was so stoned he fell asleep, wasn't he on a bed then? and I recall seeing it a few more times in the past year or two:).
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Things I found distressing with tonight's E4 episode...

Maxine's tan.

That child's sudden appearance in front of Brendan. Where was her parent/guardian?

The wallpaper in Carmel and Mitzeee's bedroom at the McQueen's. (I've already been disturbed by it before but I'd blocked it from my mind).

Myra's Hollywood waxing. Eeeeeeeee.......

Umbrella by Rihanna was 5 years ago?? Where has the time gone?!

Dare Devil wrote: »
    So this crash in the mini bus that's Maddie's driving. Maddie just said it's "a few hours away" so why does it take so long for her to notice the breaks aren't working that just so happens so be where Tony and Cindy are getting married.

The minibus crash is a great way of getting rid of as much deadwood as possible, but so contrived and I've seen comments saying illegal as it has to be 16 days.

BIB - The thing with that is that in soaps time is compressed and stretched over intervals. So action over one day could be shown over 2 or 3 episodes, which to us would be 3 days while something over a couple of days is shown in just the one episode. Although to us things happen in real time that doesn't apply in a soap, especially as we only see 5 days out of 7 over a week. Days can be either added or simply not occur at all. While it's just 10 days for us between seeing wedding arrangements and getting to the wedding day, in the context of the action in the show itself the number of days is different. In Hollyoaks universe it may be 16 days. Or could only be 7. Time is both a malleable and limiting thing in a soap format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doesn't Bart have his own room? The most recent it appeared was at the very beginning of 'Who Sh*gged Sinead?' when he was so stoned he fell asleep, wasn't he on a bed then? and I recall seeing it a few more times in the past year or two:).

I have seen him in his own room before as well
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello lovelies,

Keep your fingers crossed for Obama tonight, just got done with my final bit of canvasing! :D
This discussion has been closed.