O2 Free texts abroad

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
Hey,

Can you use the 300free texts abroad as they cost like 49p each.

Comments

• ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont think so - it seems like a too nicer thing for o2 to do. It would make sense if they took 10p off the charge but I doubt that is the case too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    :( ohwell, phone cards it is then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I have an O2 Online Contract phone and when I enquiried, they said a txt sent from abroad would be the equivalent of 4 free txts. As I have 1,500 free txts a month, that didnt bother me, and indeed there were all free.

Maybe they operate a similar scheme on PAYG?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RRLiam wrote:
    I have an O2 Online Contract phone and when I enquiried, they said a txt sent from abroad would be the equivalent of 4 free txts. As I have 1,500 free txts a month, that didnt bother me, and indeed there were all free.

Maybe they operate a similar scheme on PAYG?
    I hope thats the case. I'm going to NY soon so that would be really handy. I'll email o2 beforehand to find out.
  • LTTLTT Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I was on holiday in August and texts were charged at 49p even though I had free messages left. Maybe they've changed since then though I doubt it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when i went to NYC in march, mine were charged at 10p each, im on the £25 online contract tariff
  • gers09gers09 Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on the o2 online pay as you go sim (£10 a month minimum top up for 300 free msgs) and when i was in Cyprus in September it charged me 49p for each msg i sent. Even although i had free msgs left. So i doubt you'll get them for free. Oh and just a bit off topic, but when i was in Cyprus i couldnt check my balance unless i dialed 4444 to top up. Is there a different balance enquiry number when abroad, because *#10# didnt work?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the O2 tariff guide thing I have, free text messages are 'Text messages sent in the UK to UK registered mobiles only'.

International rates are hidden within the depths of O2's website & can be viewed here for Contract customers and here for Pay As You Go customers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭