Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible. We don't have their version of why, but I don't think there is any explanation that would make that kind of behaviour in any way acceptable.

You can do so much better than him, Nigella. :(
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is it with her and older men?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures are quite grainy and it's not helping that I'm on my phone...are they as bad as the article makes out? Could the situation have been misinterpreted?

She does look very upset in the bottom two pictures. How awful if the article is accurate.
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    According to 'onlookers' they were arguing. The photo gallery shows him with his hands round her throat. Also tweaking her nose.
    She's in tears in one of the photos.
    Poor Nigella.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG. :eek: I know we don't actually know what was said etc but those pictures. :eek: Sorry but there's no way its been misinterpreted or there is an excuse for what that vile piece of.......has done there, he's no man, in fact I think the words I'd use to describe him would definitely get me banned permanently.

If her so called husband is doing that in public the God knows what happens behind closed doors. :(
    Poor Nigella, she needs to get rid of that prat asap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Six months ago the DM ran thse pictures http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2245916/Charles-Saatchi-puts-hand-wife-Nigella-Lawsons-mouth-bid-silence-her.html

Disrespectful at the very least, who physically shuts their partner up?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    From the look of a couple of the pictures it looks as if she was on the verge of passing out, so he was presumably squeezing her throat pretty tightly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Very upsetting. It wouldn't surprise me if there was worse going on behind closed doors. :(
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really shocked by these pictures.....God knows what is going on behind closed doors. :(
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    From the look of a couple of the pictures it looks as if she was on the verge of passing out, so he was presumably squeezing her throat pretty tightly.

I'm not sure 'on the verge of passing out' saying that she certainly doesn't look too well or happy. That picture of him looking up her nose is most odd.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    what is it with her and older men?

She's been married for nearly ten years so not sure that's what I'd take from this article?? :confused:
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking. Get away Nigella as fast as you can.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures are quite grainy and it's not helping that I'm on my phone...are they as bad as the article makes out? Could the situation have been misinterpreted?

She does look very upset in the bottom two pictures. How awful if the article is accurate.

They're not that grainy to my eyes - viewing from a PC.

I hope there is some kind of explanation for this horrible sequence of pictures. I've got a soft spot for Nigella and it's awful to see any woman in distress as she apparently is here :(
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigella always seems like such a lovely woman too :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus am shocked at these pictures. Feels so sorry for her. I was in a bad relationship before and I was beaten up, and at one stage of the relationship he put his arms around my neck it was terrifying. What is horrorfic to think is that he did this in PUBLIC what will he be like at their home? I really hope she has somewhere to go, and that she can get the love and support she needs. I hope he gets jailtime, the absolute scumbag.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    IrishChick wrote: »
    Jesus am shocked at these pictures. Feels so sorry for her. I was in a bad relationship before and I was beaten up, and at one stage of the relationship he put his arms around my neck it was terrifying. What is horrorfic to think is that he did this in PUBLIC what will he be like at their home? I really hope she has somewhere to go, and that she can get the love and support she needs. I hope he gets jailtime, the absolute scumbag.

Doubtful imho. Someone has probably reported him to the police though.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Nigella needs to dump him asap,:mad:

If that's what he does in public, I dread to think how he treats her in private :(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is he doing to her in the privacy of their own home if this is what he does to her in public .. Speaking from experience Nigella get away and stay away..
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For once I'm almost speechless. Bloody hell.

Run Nigella, run.

I agree with others, if he's doing THAT in public what the hell is going on in private :(
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Someone who I know worked for Saacthi and he was a bully and controlling boss! He said he had everyone in absolute fear of him.

I wont be surprised if he called her a fat whale in the past and got her to lose the pounds,.

But I have no sympathy for Nigella or other women who put up with abusive men. She is weak and has very low self esteem. She like many women are attracted to the bad guys. So yes she deserves what she gets.
  • KalmiaKalmia Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Someone who I know worked for Saacthi and he was a bully and controlling boss! He said he had everyone in absolute fear of him.

I wont be surprised if he called her a fat whale in the past and got her to lose the pounds,.

But I have no sympathy for Nigella or other women who put up with abusive men. She is weak and has very low self esteem. She like many women are attracted to the bad guys. So yes she deserves what she gets.

Wow. Just wow.

Abuse doesn't just go from zero to being choked, it's a long process that may only start out as a few negative comments that can easily be excused by anyone. By the time the physical abuse starts, the victims are often isolated froom friends and family and mentally conditioned to believe it's their own fault and that nobody else would want them.

There really needs to be more education on domestic violence and abuse so that comments like this don't get made.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You know i'd be inclined to call you a troll for your low post count and such an inflammatory post, but your posting history, on the face of it, suggests otherwise which makes your ignorance and attitude even more disturbing.

Anyway, as I said in the thread in GD, we'll most likely get some PR spin that he's "shocked and appalled" at his actions and that he's "seeking immediate help" or some other B.S. like that, but she needs to leave him NOW.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm reading a little too much into certain things, but I'm always wary of relationships where day-to-day life is dictated by one of the partners' little idiosyncrasies, e.g. Always having to sit in a particular place in restaurants because one of them likes to smoke. In my mind, it suggests a level of control where every activity, even eating out, has to tailored according to his whims (him sitting there smoking away also seems deeply insensitive to me given that her first husband lost his life to throat cancer).
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If her so called husband is doing that in public the God knows what happens behind closed doors. :(

thats such a good point, I hope after seeing this in the papers she will leave him.
This discussion has been closed.