True Blood - Season 6 (US Pace)

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Knowing Pam though, she'll probably grumble towards Willa though.
  • XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another brilliant episode.
    It wouldn't feel like a complete season without Jason having his end away with someone really, although kind of suspect Sarah may be trying to use Jason to fall pregnant.
    Pam's therapy session was hilarious but I agreed with the therapist when he detected some untruth to the question about how much Eric meant to her as her maker.
    I like how they have set up a few scenario's now in which it could be any of the character's for the chop, I'm kind of thinking that Sookie will end up blasting Lafayette with her fairy light to save herself and the impact of it will kill him. I really hope it's not him that dies, but then I flat out don't want either Pam or Eric to go either. Out of the scenario's set and the characters, Terry, for me, wouldn't be a huge loss.
    I thought that when Faerie's died, they turned to dust and although one of the girl's came to, we didn't see the aftermath when Andy left with her, so the other girl's could still be alive, right??
    So...Warlow isn't a bad guy after all, he just simply want's to get married and settle down with Sookie. Bless him!
    Steve...I am seriously hoping he does something to save Pam and Eric, like whip round the room really quickly and massacre everyone but I guess it's doubtful as he's always been a self serving plank!
    Really enjoyed the flashbacks, both from Warlow's past and also the long awaited explanation of how and why Sookie's parent's actually died.
    Excited for next week's episode now
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy was good in this episode.

I really don't care nor understand why Alcide was even in this episode. Bore off.

Jessica was a bit melodramatic OTT this episode.

A great episode though, loving warlow and his back story, and finding out about Niall. Pretty cool.

Lafayette and his medium skills strike again and well I really don't care for it, I suppose it makes her fall I love with warlow.

Roll on next week
    Forum Member
    Can't believe we're halfway through this season and it's really hotting up.

Have the writers just given Warlow an out with the reveal of Sookie's parents trying to kill her and the expansion of his backstory with Lilith/Bill as well?

Loved Bill commanding him away from Sookie and the latter' smart comments as well about the both of them.

Lafayette needs to get a handle on the possessing because yet again, it's gone wrong for him. Corbett trying to drown Sookie at the end was a good cliffhanger though.

Hated Jason sleeping with Sarah and hated Sarah full stop in this episode, especially with getting one over on Jessica. Kill her, Jessica.

Vampire camp is interesting. Pam's therapy session was fantastic, Tara looking out for Jessica brilliant, Eric's shocked that Burrell turned on Willa and the whole thing with him and Pam as well. Really beginning to think someone's not going to make it out alive here.

Where's Nora by the way? Pretty sure I didn't see her at camp.

Steve turning traitor to save his own hide was so in character for him. Come on, who didn't expect it, really? He has no reason to be loyal to Eric and he's not much of a leader though.

I felt bad for Andy and Jessica in this episode for obvious reasons. At least one of his kids survived though.

Terry's arrangement to have his old buddy kill him though is completely ridiculous, even if I get why he's doing it.

Didn't care about Sam/Nicole or Alcide/Jackson this week again but overall, a wonderful episode with some great flashbacks and character moments, 9/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I agree with Shawn_Lunn.

Loved the bits inside the vampire camp (whatever it's called) and the interaction between Pam and the therapist was fantastic. I truly hope they don't kill her off but at the same time if they kill Eric, it's going to be even worse.

Bored of Alcide again. I really just can't seem to connect with his character or any of the wolves. They just seem needlessly angry all the time.

Couldn't care less about Terry. The sooner he gets killed off the better IMO.

The best bit was Bill being found out as Warlow's maker and commanding him to follow him back home.

I don't know how they're going to go forward from the cliffhanger but I can't wait to find out next week. I'm thinking maybe her grandfather fairy king might save the day but that's just a guess.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must question Eric's plan for both him and Tara to give themselves up. Surely just one of them could have done while the other scouted out the location at perhaps tried to work out some kind of plan to bust the other out?
    Forum Member
    True Blood's been renewed for a seventh season ....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/hbo-renews-true-blood-seventh-585518
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bored of Alcide and Terry's stories.

Oh, and...how the hell did Sarah uninvite Jessica? It wasn't her home...
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Good solid episode, but the need for the pointless side stories is damaging the show.

Clear up the Alcide and Sam mess, preferably with Al and his Wolves buggering off to Shreveport and not being heard of again.

Kill Terry, don't replace him. Too many characters for the show to handle as it is.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I must question Eric's plan for both him and Tara to give themselves up. Surely just one of them could have done while the other scouted out the location at perhaps tried to work out some kind of plan to bust the other out?

For a guy with "A thousand years of wisdom" Eric isn't the sharpest chap ;)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the episode.

Terry asking to be killed though was just such a cop out. He should pull himself together (Maybe a little harsh =/). Its obvious the new guy likes the look of his wife ;)
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    For a guy with "A thousand years of wisdom" Eric isn't the sharpest chap ;)

He's been pretty stupid so far in his handling of Burrell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that Arlene comes up with a solution for Terry to help him out, so I'm wondering if she somehow find's a vampire to glamour him into forgetting his troubles but then in the process he forget's the conversation with his friend and is unable to let his friend know that the deal is off so he kill's him. But then again...that seem's silly really because surely he'd call his friend first to tell him...although it is Terry and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer really lol!
  • JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to find the episode and wow, each episode this season is better than all of season 5. So many loose ends, I cannot believe Eric has survived 1000 years and just walked into camp, why? Poor Sookie finding out her dad is nuts and wants to kill her, Lafayette needs to learn to control his talents, I am sure someone will save her but hope Lafayette survives. I am thinking Pam might stake herself, can't see either one killing the other, unless they throw Nora in, the girls would go for each other no problem. Can't wait for next week, finally warming to Bill again, he has been a bit of a spare part last season but the link with him and warlow is promising. I felt for poor Andy, such a good actor. Great season so far
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must doff my cap to True Blood, this series is way better than the last one, although I'm not sure they needed to turn it into a 'Carry on' style comedy show. Still, huge laughs all round and great entertainment.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching clips on youtube...the Jason/Warlow kissing scene everyone is talking about, is that just the scene where it's Jason's dream and he shaves Warlow and goes to suck his blood?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Bored of Alcide and Terry's stories.

Oh, and...how the hell did Sarah uninvite Jessica? It wasn't her home...

Jason said the same thing. I assume they'll explain it if they've brought it up in the show.
    Forum Member
    Comic-Con released a trailer for the remaining episodes of Season 6 and some shit is gonna go down ...

http://www.wetpaint.com/true-blood/video/2013-07-20-season-6-comic-con-trailer-spoilers-video
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Looks great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am both relieved and underwhelmed both at the same time about *that* death. Don't really know what to make of it.

The ending was quite bizarre too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I know it's not *meant* to be a comedy but I find this show more and more cartoon-like each and every week. It doesn't make it any less enjoyable but it is quite difficult to watch with a straight face.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expected Terry's death, especially after he was glamoured to forget. Burrel's death, however, came as a total shock. :eek:

Sookie and Warlow. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode. And the deaths worked well too.

Sookie sleeping with Ben/Warlow so soon was kind of not unexpected to be honest.

I do think the writers have given him a way out but at the same time, I can't see him and Sookie lasting either. Or him lasting the season though.

Bill being indestructible for now was an interesting move. I wasn't expecting Burrell to die so quickly either.

Terry's death was tragic but I saw it coming as well though. Did feel bad for Arlene though.

Good scenes with Andy, Holly and his only daughter in this episode but Lafayette still needs more to do.

Nora getting Hep D was awful but I liked Willa trying to help her and Eric escape though.

The Eric and Pam scene was a nice moment too for them.

Jessica and James, they're gonna be forced to do it at some point and Sarah was certainly vindictive in making sure that Jason watched too. I like James though.

Alcide still being a dick this season. I'm starting to detest him and I don't like that.

Sam did the right thing giving Emma to Martha and Nicole was great in this episode.

Fantastic episode, 9/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this episode. Did not expect Burrell to die so quickly though. Poor Arlene.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Real shame about Terry. Although most of the plots they gave him were boring, I really liked the character.

I hope this is the end of Alcide and his pack for a bit. Going nowhere plot.

Gutted that it looks like Nora might be a gonner. Something about her cut-glass English amongst all the Deep South drawl makes it extra sexy. It doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous, either.