Worst delivered lines in Doctor Who

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I think every actor in Doctor Who has delivered a fluffed line or two in their time.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may be slightly perverted but in Big Bang when the pandorica flies up into the tardis, I always thought Matt sounds a but, grunty and moany if you know what I mean.

Well, he's supposed to be feeling a bit ill and in pain at that point.

On the other hand, he could be enjoying the experience......:D
  • XuriXuri Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Watching the movie. Straight in as one my favourite poorly delivered lines of all time, the mortuary man when eight appears: "Oh my gawd!" (shakes head)"Gawd NO!"(rolls eyes and faints).

It took me a minute to recover from laughing.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor: You've redecorated ... I don't like it.

(Closing Time)

Matt completely delivers it wrong in my opinion.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to say the majority of Freema Ageyman's delivery was woeful, particularly in her series 4 guest spots.

The constant need to have her say "It CAN'T be" made me cringe. She seemed to think that delivering half of her sentences with a kind of half cry or gasp or slow emotional blink gave her performance some depth. It didn't, it was very amateur.

But apart from her I generally like most of the actors on DW, it's usually the line itself that's badly written and it would take a miracle to make it sound convincing.

Alex Kingston is a victim of this, she's a fantastic actress but things like "There's always a way out" (Day of the Moon), forcing the nickname "Sweetie" into every other sentence and most of her dialogue in Let's Kill Hitler should never have made it to a final draft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    But for me, the very worst example of this is in Journey's End, when she does that awful "So I could come back....Shu-uuup!" thing with Ten, with a huge sickly grin on her face. Not only does it trivialise a dramatic situation, it also trivialises Ten, as he engages with the flirting and grins back like a daft schoolboy.

I agree with this. One of the main reasons I didn't like the "romance" between the 10th Doctor and Rose is because I felt it did frequently diminish the Doctor's character and turn him into a teenage boy with a crush rather than being the 900+ year old alien Time Lord he's supposed to be. Not to mention, too, that he ends up being rude and inconsiderate to Martha on more than one occasion because of it. In fact, it's too bad Martha didn't tell him off big time at least once instead of just putting up with it.
  • sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone remind me which episode Martha's "bringing you back to Earth" quote is from please? I used to have a good memory but now ... erm ... what was I saying? Thanks.
  • XuriXuri Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    Can someone remind me which episode Martha's "bringing you back to Earth" quote is from please? I used to have a good memory but now ... erm ... what was I saying? Thanks.

The Sontaran Stratagem.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    WhoFan55 wrote: »
    I agree with this. One of the main reasons I didn't like the "romance" between the 10th Doctor and Rose is because I felt it did frequently diminish the Doctor's character and turn him into a teenage boy with a crush rather than being the 900+ year old alien Time Lord he's supposed to be. Not to mention, too, that he ends up being rude and inconsiderate to Martha on more than one occasion because of it. In fact, it's too bad Martha didn't tell him off big time at least once instead of just putting up with it.

There's no point being a grown up 900+ year old Alien if you can't be a teenage boy with a crush sometimes....