well I think the press know who the new doctor is as in past week it has been quiet

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
Almost on a daily basis since Matt said he was leaving there had been guesses as to who it is going to be. Yet this week with the announcement of who it is going to be on Sunday, this week had been eerily quiet.

Comments

• TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's likely, yes, so watch out for the usual games — check out which pictures are near articles about the announcement, which names are common to all reports, which people are inexplicably suddenly on the radar, etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Agreed, a TV correspondent tweeted yesterday that someone had 'broken the embargo' on Twitter. When I had a look around I could only find the usual suspects being named.
  • DormouseDormouse Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why I think (although it's possibly just wishful thinking) that the Capaldi rumour has legs - that suddenly came from absolutely nowhere a few days ago, and the usual denials have been largely absent.

I hope I'm not wrong. I'd love Peter Capaldi as The Doctor.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dormouse wrote: »
    This is why I think (although it's possibly just wishful thinking) that the Capaldi rumour has legs - that suddenly came from absolutely nowhere a few days ago, and the usual denials have been largely absent.

I hope I'm not wrong. I'd love Peter Capaldi as The Doctor.

I personally hope you are wrong.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love an older Doctor if they are sticking with the recent tradition of having young female companions. Hopefully companions wouldn't do all that fawning over an older Doctor.
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ga72 wrote: »
    Agreed, a TV correspondent tweeted yesterday that someone had 'broken the embargo' on Twitter. When I had a look around I could only find the usual suspects being named.
    The embargo was just to do with the announcement that there was going to be a live programme on Sunday, it wasn't going to be the actual naming of the new Doctor.
  • PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    I can't remember, was Matt Smith's unveiling kept a secret until his reveal on BBC1, or did the news leak beforehand?
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember, was Matt Smith's unveiling kept a secret until his reveal on BBC1, or did the news leak beforehand?

IIRC it did leak, I have been trying to find a link

(edit - here you go)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/betting-row-as-unknown-matt-smith-369323
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Someone who knew put a large bet on him and he became one of the front runners. We were very aware that he was likely before the reveal episode aired.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=963394&highlight=who+is+matt+smith

Posted a day before the announcement.