Seriously hannah goes through and Melanie doesn't, is this for real?

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I think she will appeal to some people, including moir :cool:

Some - exactly. But this show creates Pop stars...Not fat whining divas. Hannah is average take away the sob story. :yawn:

Tamera and Miss Dynamix are great though.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now then jeref, behave! :D

True, i must, but it is fun.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, i must, but it is fun.

Yes it's certainly fun ;)
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah has an outstanding tone and a depth and natural emotive vocal soulfulness . Many try to copy the timeless singers, but she has that sort of voice for real. She deserves her spot and likely will make final 3 or better.

Melanie has a beautiful voice and is technically very good, certainly in another league from the many good pub and cabaret singers making the rounds, but she doesn't have an outstanding tone, just a very pleasing pleasant one. She needs to either work on putting more of her own genuine self and emotion into her performances , take some risks vocally, and get more of sense of who she is before trying to break as an artist again, or focus on alternate wys to have a career singing. She definitely shouldn't give up, because she is good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah has an outstanding tone and a depth and natural emotive vocal soulfulness . Many try to copy the timeless singers, but she has that sort of voice for real. She deserves her spot and likely will make final 3 or better.

Melanie has a beautiful voice and is technically very good, certainly in another league from the many good pub and cabaret singers making the rounds, but she needs to either work on putting more of her own genuine self and emotion into her performances , take some risks vocally, and get more of sense of who she is before trying to break as an artist again, or focus on alternate wys to have a career singing. She definitely shouldn't give up, because she is good.

Very good points made here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Some - exactly. But this show creates Pop stars...Not fat whining divas. Hannah is average take away the sob story. :yawn:

Yes I totally agree that this does create Pop stars . Hannah or Abi probably don't have that pop star appeal BUT neither has Melanie (and I know your a avid Melanie fan). And if I'm honest with you , as much as I don't like Abi and probably prefer Melanie over her, I think Abi will have more appeal because she is quite different and kind of interesting in a bizarre way :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Melanie has a beautiful voice and is technically very good, certainly in another league from the many good pub and cabaret singers making the rounds, but she doesn't have an outstanding tone, just a very pleasing pleasant one. She needs to either work on putting more of her own genuine self and emotion into her performances , take some risks vocally, and get more of sense of who she is before trying to break as an artist again, or focus on alternate wys to have a career singing. She definitely shouldn't give up, because she is good.

Well said Singy Thingy :)
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was there any need to be that harsh and personal there are ways of making you're point without being rude .
    Forum Member
    Yes I totally agree that this does create Pop stars . Hannah or Abi probably don't have that pop star appeal BUT neither has Melanie (and I know your a avid Melanie fan). And if I'm honest with you , as much as I don't like Abi and probably prefer Melanie over her, I think Abi will have more appeal because she is quite different and kind of interesting in a bizarre way :)

Melanie is no longer part of the show, but my point was out of the final 12 the only two I can see having a successful career after the show are Tamera and Miss Dynamix provided they get far in the competition.

Hannah is limited to what she can do and if I remember correctly the general british public, well the ones who vote for acts, tend to get tired of acts like Hannah. Abi actually has an appeal, a very quirky appeal and I can see her staying longer than most acts. I do think Hannah will be the first girl out. Tamera will be the last remaining, and the one to reach the final. And besides it's proven lately you need more than a massive voice to last in the Music Industry, as Leona's star status continues to diminish but she will pick herself up, I know this. Well, I'm hoping she does. :)
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me is came down to passion versus talent.

Hannah is passionate and talented whereas Melanie is just talented (very talented). She always left me so cold...

Hannah has a natural, raw talent. Melanie seems to have learned and honed her talent.

Oddly Melanie is probably more suited to the ethos of X Factor (she seems very "produced" to me) but Hannah was a knock out at every audition. It was effortless and natural whereas with Melanie it seemed as though it took every ounce of strength out of her to get a decent performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie is no longer part of the show, but my point was out of the final 12 the only two I can see having a successful career after the show are Tamera and Miss Dynamix provided they get far in the competition.

Hannah is limited to what she can do and if I remember correctly the general british public, well the ones who vote for acts, tend to get tired of acts like Hannah. Abi actually has an appeal, a very quirky appeal and I can see her staying longer than most acts. I do think Hannah will be the first girl out. Tamera will be the last remaining, and the one to reach the final.
    I agree with your points here :)
    Tamera and Miss Dynamix have a massive appeal and very marketable - that I agree with 100%
    Forum Member
    I agree with your points here :)
    Tamera and Miss Dynamix have a massive appeal and very marketable - that I agree with 100%

Yes!

But obviously I can understand where the OP is coming from. Nicole even said that Melanie was technically the best singer out of the girls but that's all in the past now. I do wish Melanie the best. She won't be back next year though, that's for certain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah might a good singer just a good singer but that's it really. I don't think she is commercial enough to go the distance. Can't see who she will appeal to.

Hannah will appeal to everyone who enjoys someone who can actually sing, which does not apply to many who take part in this show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!

But obviously I can understand where the OP is coming from. Nicole even said that Melanie was technically the best singer out of the girls but that's all in the past now. I do wish Melanie the best. She won't be back next year though, that's for certain.

I agree that Melanie is technically good but in reality you need much more than that, which is what Nicole said if I remember rightly, and I might have said to you as well before or to someone else.
    Even think that Lydia Lucy (and I really can't stand her vocals at all) would have done good if she was in a girl band
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you have two out of three correct.
    Forum Member
    Hannah will appeal to everyone who enjoys someone who can actually sing, which does not apply to many who take part in this show.

Not really. Ella Henderson could actually sing but people got tired of her eventually.

You need more than a good voice to have a career these days. :p Hannah has a voice but she's missing everything else that is needed to be a star.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah deserved her place she was great on Sunday Melanie technically sang well but there was no feeling or passion when she was singing the song.

Nicole said Melanie sang with the most emotion.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Nicole said Melanie sang with the most emotion.
    She was wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was wrong.

I think she did say she sang with emotion but said she seems to be disconnected to people as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was wrong.

So true.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relley C would have been my pick over Abi for 3rd girl, without a doubt, and Melanie would have been 4th choice if it was about vocal ability only, but I understand why they picked Abi.

She isn't particularly original or different outside the context of the show , but on it, she can be made to seem like she is.She could be the perfect poster child for neo folk coffee shop open mic singer/songwriters with breathy affected vocals.There is a large segment of the population who like or relate to this and she may do quite well if enough of them support her.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she did say she sang with emotion but said she seems to be disconnected to people as well
    I think you're right, which would be a fair statement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relley C would have been my pick over Abi for 3rd girl, without a doubt, and Melanie would have been 4th choice if it was about vocal ability only, but I understand why they picked Abi.

She isn't particularly original or unique outside the context of the show , but on it, she can be made to seem like she is.She could be the perfect poster child for neo folk coffee shop open mic singer/songwriters with breathy affected vocals.There is a large segment of the population who like or relate to this and she may do quite well if enough of them supporther.

That's exactly my choice as well
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So true.

Not at all. Melanie gave it her all and sang with passion and emotion. There's a reason why Melanie has continued to be the most talked about girl, have the most views on YouTube and has the most followers on twitter out of all the girls despite not being in the competition anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No rule at all and no limit to what can be discussed but it's ridiculous for so many threads to be started on exactly the same subject.

Exactly, people have to accept that Melanie is a goner, and never to return, i hope.