Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 20)

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,795
    Forum Member
    Do they draw lots for who gets to play the games? I've noticed some newbies are getting to play pretty quickly where others who have been there a lot longer are being made to wait.
  • ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    SAM THE SHAM!

Utterly predictable. I'm pleased he won enough money in the actual game proper to put his red button no deal in a previous players game at £65,000 to the test. So he ended up with less than a third of that amount and wimped out, like it was always going to be. Was pleased it ended up another 10K if he had done what he pretended he would have done in another persons game for much bigger winnings.

No respect for these kind of brazen liars I'm afraid. I don't equate it with banker gameplay either, with one eye on their own future game, because it's not.

It's easy to spend and gamble other people's money isn't it! Sam, you were a sham. I knew you would be.

Red buttons - meaningless. Box 23 - open it and pull each one off the wings and put them in the box and leave the whole lot out for the rubbish that it is.

Agree with you Rich. I was praying that this game would end in disaster but typically he got away with it and no matter how badly he were to play , he would probably have gone away with a 5 figure sum thanks to the odious box 23. I hate the idea of the Independent adjudicator choosing the contents of the much vilified box 23. If you are one the 'chosen few' ( to quote the Dooleys) then you'll have the +10k in your box if Channel 4 want you to have it. The I.A must know who is playing each game - it's no secret nowadays. Didn't Roop have +10k as well in his puke-inducing box 23? ( I can't remember to be honest). Roop was certainly a favoured son.

Anyway, Sam claimed he would gamble 65k on the rank box 23 during Earl's game. As you say Rich, a sham and maybe a scam. Forked tongue immediately comes to mind. And still we wait for someone to actually take a significant gamble on the gift from Hades that is Box 23.

Hopefully Rikki tomorrow if I may be so bold to predict.
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramraider,I am no fan of Box23 either,I do not think it has improved the game. But you are more or less implying in that post above that Box23 is bent,and players that Channel 4 want,for whatever reason,to get a good result on it,will get one. I do not believe that for a minute. it would compromise the entire integrity of the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roop had Double in Box23,not +£10,000. So had he gone for the quarter million and lost ,his other box was £500,so at Box23 he would have only ended up with £1,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    I remember when I first joined this dond thread (some years ago now) and it was a very light-hearted place to be. The guys lusted over the latest pretty lady to join the wings and we gals tried to spot the nicest male(s) (thinking pmf and amysmum here especially!) (and me)! Now, a simple game of opening boxes has become a very serious business with all sorts of serious stuff and number crunching - not to mention box 23 of course! :o

Yes,you're probably right,it has all got a bit serious and number crunching,and I know I'm guilty of that as much as anyone.

For what it's worth,I think Ness and Monica are cute..
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramraider1 wrote: »
    Agree with you Rich. I was praying that this game would end in disaster but typically he got away with it and no matter how badly he were to play , he would probably have gone away with a 5 figure sum thanks to the odious box 23. I hate the idea of the Independent adjudicator choosing the contents of the much vilified box 23. If you are one the 'chosen few' ( to quote the Dooleys) then you'll have the +10k in your box if Channel 4 want you to have it. The I.A must know who is playing each game - it's no secret nowadays. Didn't Roop have +10k as well in his puke-inducing box 23? ( I can't remember to be honest). Roop was certainly a favoured son.

Anyway, Sam claimed he would gamble 65k on the rank box 23 during Earl's game. As you say Rich, a sham and maybe a scam. Forked tongue immediately comes to mind. And still we wait for someone to actually take a significant gamble on the gift from Hades that is Box 23.

Hopefully Rikki tomorrow if I may be so bold to predict.

As that clever number crunching dinosaur mentioned, Roop had "double" in his box 23 so could have ended up with the full half million, but nobody is that insane. As for the independent adjudicator I believe in their integrity. They are not actually deciding themselves what to put in the box, that is a misunderstanding I think. They likely randomly pick 1 of the 5 and then place it inside. They are not actively thinking we'll have a "nothing" or a "double" box today. I believe in the honesty of the game without doubt, and I can be sceptical of many things, but not that issue.

The trouble with Sam's game was that he needed to win a decent stash of cash to prove whether he was the real deal when he told a previous player he'd buy box 23 at 65K. It worked out perfectly with the 20K he won and had a chance to gamble with. It made him show his true colours in a way a simple blue would not. Must admit I rather wish he'd won a lot less.

"Wanted" some gutsy players to take on box 23 if it must exist. (Another Dooley's tune for you Ramraider! ;-))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The trouble with Sam's game was that he needed to win a decent stash of cash to prove whether he was the real deal when he told a previous player he'd buy box 23 at 65K. It worked out perfectly with the 20K he won and had a chance to gamble with. It made him show his true colours in a way a simple blue would not. Must admit I rather wish he'd won a lot less.)

Why do you wish he'd won a lot less? As far as I'm concerned any player who takes the game to the last two boxes and goes for it when there's serious money at stake and there's the chance they're going to end up with buttons deserves the money. Plenty of players would have taken the six grand in that situation. Yes he was fibbing a bit about Box23 earlier when he was in the wings but I don't really think that can be held against him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you wish he'd won a lot less? As far as I'm concerned any player who takes the game to the last two boxes and goes for it when there's the chance they're going to end up with buttons deserves the money. Plenty of players would have taken the six grand in that situation. Yes he was fibbing a bit about Box23 earlier when he was in the wings but I don't really think that can be held against him.

I had no idea that dinosaurs were nocturnal creatures! :p

I was pleased he won the 20K because it allowed the box 23 issue to be faced realistically compared to what he had previously said. Yes he took a risk, fair enough and it was more than many recently would have done at the last gasp in proper gameplay I agree. On balance I am prepared to withdraw my point that he should have won less. But he did irritate me somewhat! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea that dinosaurs were nocturnal creatures! :p

We keep some odd hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We keep some odd hours.

"WE!" :o

I better keep looking over my shoulder in that case. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Jurassic Park was fiction? Well.yes,of course it was.

Most of it..
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I really thought Sam was going to go for it! I wouldn't have but I did have a feeling...
    Forum Member
    Sorry I haven't posted recently. I forgot about box game on Sunday and I have just been too busy this week. I shall return to normal next week!
    Forum Member
    Sorry I haven't posted recently. I forgot about box game on Sunday and I have just been too busy this week. I shall return to normal next week!

And yet I was on holiday last week!
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She is from Braintree and is a budget manager for an airline company

We see a strategy list made by her nephew and we see a pic of some of Rikki's family

Housekeeping is done and we are off for Rikki's game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 18 - Lucky - £35,000
    Box 6 - Anna - £10
    Box 15 - Stephen (newbie) - £10,000
    Box 3 - Jonnie - £1,000
    Box 1 - Jodi - £20,000

The banker has left a strategy list of his own inside the pound table cupboard, which Edmondo reads out

Opening offer - £7,747

NO DEAL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 8 - Trevor - 50p
    Box 4 - David - £75,000
    Box 5 - Candy - £250,000

2nd offer - £1,700

NO DEAL
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another person wanting a car *roll eyes*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 2 - Nicola - £100
    Box 14 - Molly - £50
    Box 20 - Lydon - £1

3rd offer - £6,000

NO DEAL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 16 - Zayaan - £3,000
    Box 10 - Ken - £5,000
    Box 21 - Phil - £15,000

4th offer - £3,000

NO DEAL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this Banker even trying?! £3,000 is a massive JOKE! >:(

Oh come on, £5,000 with £100,000 on the board?! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 12 - Mario - 1p
    Box 11 - Jason - £250
    Box 17 - Monica - £50,000

5th offer - £5,000

DEAL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BOTTLER! >:(

That was a rubbish offer!

Threw away £21,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PROVEOUT

Box 19 - Steph - £750
    Box 13 - Michelle - £5
    Box 22 - Rebekah - £500

£100,000 and 10p left in the game

Closing offer would have been The guv'nor £26,000

Box 9 - 10p
    Box 7 - Ness - £100,000

Box 23 - NO DEAL
    Contents - HALF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Banker even trying?! £3,000 is a massive JOKE! >:(

Oh come on, £5,000 with £100,000 on the board?! >:(

Evidently the Banker thought he had a fair chance of getting the player out with such a low offer. And he was right. With the £100K and four blues left,there are two ways to look at the situation:

1) The positive way: If I can get to the last two with the £100K still there (40% chance),the offer's going to shoot up.
    2)The negative way: If I lose the £100K next round (60% chance), I'm going home with a blue,unless I get lucky on Box23.

As some players just don't want to go home with a blue,and feel they must get something out of their DOND experience,the negative outweighs the positive and they will surrender their game for what are,relatively speaking,quite small sums of money compared to what they could win if they carried on.
This discussion has been closed.