Excerpts from Fergie's Book

HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Fergie on Rafa

I found Liverpool hard to watch when he was there. I found them dull. Benitez has more regard for destroying a game than winning.

It amazed me that he used to walk into press conferences and say he had no money to spend. He was given plenty

Fergie on Gerrard

He looked like a player until he went up against Scholes. Gerrard is not a top player.

Fergie on David Beckham

He lost the chance to become an absolute top dog player, he never attained the level of an absolute top player. The big problem for me, he fell in love with Victoria and that changed everything.

He was sold as he thought he was bigger than me.

Fergie on Torres

He was borderline machiavellian. he had a touch of evil though not in a physical sense and he had that total change of pace.

Fergie on Roy Keane

He is an angry man who can't manage without money. He has the most savage tongue you can imagine

Fergie on Lampard

A marvellous servant for Chelsea but I didn't think of him as an elite international footballer.

Gerrard was never for me but Frank Lampard is probably the best English player I never had the pleasure to work with.

Fergie on Wenger

'Pizzagate' - His fists were clenched. I was in control, I knew it...next thing I knew I had pizza all over me.

I had it so easy at United. Wenger was a much better manager than me and revolutionised English football.

Oh this will run and run. :D

Comments

• O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    I agree or see his point with everything, except the first line on Lampard, that's harsh. Actually that last line on Wenger, don't agree at all, obviously, my fault for skim reading...
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I doubt there's much we've not already heard in one interview or another.
  • LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he saying that the only manager he respected was Wenger?
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    Liverpool fans on Red And White Kop forum are laughing at his comments, he slates Brendan Rodgers yet he chose Moyes to replace him at Man Utd.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool fans on Red And White Kop forum are laughing at his comments, he slates Brendan Rodgers yet he chose Moyes to replace him.

He hardly 'slates' Rodgers, in fact he says he thinks he's a good manager, just not a genius.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    He looked like a player until he went up against Scholes. Gerrard is not a top player.

Gave me a good chuckle. :D
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leewich wrote: »
    Is he saying that the only manager he respected was Wenger?

I don't know, these are the only Mourinho quotes I can find released from the book so far.

Alex Ferguson on Jose v Rafa

Jose was far more astute in his handling of his players. And he has personality.

Jose was one of those guys who can stay longer on the wave than anyone else.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't expecting that last one about Wenger.
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    David Moyes' Everton finished above Brendan Rodgers Liverpool last season, despite Liverpool having more "big name" players. Rodgers has only managed in the premier league for two full seasons.. Swansea improved once Rodgers left.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing there or what I have seen so far I would say was either wrong etc.

All points I can see what he means and would agree with many of them.

Of course the media will try and hype it up and the idiots on twitter and TalkS*ite will come out with their normal rubbish but he could have said "Today is Tuesday" and they would have had some issues with it
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he really claim that Di Matteo won just as much in six months at Chelsea, as Benitez did in his entire managerial career?

I know he is a complete fool, but that comment, if true, would make you wonder if he hasn`t gone senile as well.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Did he really claim that Di Matteo won just as much in six months at Chelsea, as Benitez did in his entire managerial career?

I know he is a complete fool, but that comment, if true, would make you wonder if he hasn`t gone senile as well.

It just makes Ferguson look bitter which is why Liverpool fans are laughing at him.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerrard not a top player? hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fergurson is getting old i guess lol

some cracking quotes though, i might pick it up

surprised with wenger line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »

Not seen that yet. I think we are going to hear things that are in the book that are not in there until its sold in the shops
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just makes Ferguson look bitter which is why Liverpool fans are laughing at him.

Which doesn't make Liverpool fans look bitter at all...

He didn't do too bad for a "complete fool".
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Ferguson says United "absolutely battered" City during their 6-1 defeat at Old Trafford

Oh my sides! I wonder if he will mention the return match when Utd did not threaten us once all game. I guess they battered us that day to
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    gerrard not a top player? hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fergurson is getting old i guess lol

some cracking quotes though, i might pick it up

surprised with wenger line.

If you use Paul Scoles as a marker for a "top player" then I can see the case for Gerrard not being given the same name.

Gerrard is a very good player one of the best in the league but it does depend on what you class as top.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    Ferguson says United "absolutely battered" City during their 6-1 defeat at Old Trafford

Oh my sides! I wonder if he will mention the return match when Utd did not threaten us once all game. I guess they battered us that day to

Did they batter you during the 6-1 defeat? Will make it easy for you. Its either YES OR NO?

What he says or does not say about any other game is nothing to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    If you use Paul Scoles as a marker for a "top player" then I can see the case for Gerrard not being given the same name.

Gerrard is a very good player one of the best in the league but it does depend on what you class as top.

okay i suppose fans of messi wouldnt regard scholes as a top player then?

yup...still makes no sense.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he calls this book, "A Can of Worms".

Gerrard is better than Scholes (in my opinion of course).
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Did they batter you during the 6-1 defeat? Will make it easy for you. Its either YES OR NO?

What he says or does not say about any other game is nothing to do it.

Just makes me laugh some of the shite he still comes out with!
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gerrard WAS a very good player

not any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    okay i suppose fans of messi wouldnt regard scholes as a top player then?

yup...still makes no sense.

Its not about if you a fan of a player or not.

Would I put Messi and Scholes in the same class (very different players) yes I would. Would I put Gerrard in that class, No I would not, I would say he a very good player one of the best that this league has seen, But I would put Scholes amongst the very best we have seen play in this country.

Its not a attack on Gerrard or his abilty, It's just no matter how good he was he never quite reached that level. Its a bloody high level to reach, Only a very small number of players will ever reach it. I doubt we will see players of Scholes or Ronaldo's level in the league again. Thats not saying we wont see great players
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    id class scholes/gerrard/lampard on the same tier personally,but even if i liked 1 more than the other i wouldnt say the other 2 were not top players

i do wonder if fergie could say anything you dont agree with or defend?