Options

Michael Connelly's 'Bosch' - TV pilot by Amazon/LOVEfilm

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long do Amazon normally take to yay or nay these 'pilots' ?
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »
    Well I enjoyed that. The pace was slower than most US police procedurals - and the better for it. Welliver's Bosch was just as I imagined him, except for the profanity - Bosch's language always seems very restrained in the books.

The bones in the woods plotline is from 'City of Bones' and the courtroom element seems to be loosely inspired by 'The Concrete Blonde'. I hope we get to see the conclusion.

Thanks for the heads up, Claymore95.

I've just watched it too. Quite impressed although I was getting confused about which book it was depicting. Initially I thought it was going down the route of Echo Park then realised the courtroom was Concrete Blonde even though the killing of the guy was totally different - no grabbing his toupé etc. Then we get the view of Angels Flight right at the beginning, and we also get a coyote! Hopefully it's just to pack a few things into a pilot. I hope they don't change the books too much. Like I said earlier, I think one book each series would work as often there are a couple of cases Bosch is involved with in each book. Jerry Edgar is good casting too. Just how I imagined him. But Irving Irving? What was they thinking? Nothing like the books described. And the actor I found really distracting when he was in Fringe. I hope he gets recast. I always visualised someone like a younger Bob Gunton who plays the warden in Shawshank Redemption - but with his hair shorter.

I suppose we can't get too picky though. Welliver is good but doesn't have a moustache or the deep black eyes Connelly describes every book! But I like him as Bosch. I always wondered how Bosch managed to get all the women he does going on Connelly's description of him, so in this instance, it works better. He's more appealing than how I imagined Bosch
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fenlander wrote: »
    The Bosch stories cover a long period of time. They start with Harry as a rookie (you could say they start with him as a tunnel rat in Vietnam) and end with him delaying his retirement, collecting a wife and child - who grows to adulthood -
    No they don't, they start with him as a seasoned old-style detective in his 40s, with brief flashbacks to his youth. And his daughter's only about 14/15.

However what I really want to know is; is this adaptation going to be referenced in future Bosch books?!