Options

Kierston Wareing in Fish Tank..

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anybody remember Kierston Wareing in the film 'Fish Tank' alongside Michael Fassbender a few years back?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I've heard of it I'll be sure to look it up :D
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    It's available on Netflix if anyone is interested :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great film...Fassbender is hot in it but the real star was Katie Jarvis who won the role when she was spotted arguing with her then Boyfriend at Tilbury Railway station by a Casting Director...
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Great film...Fassbender is hot in it but the real star was Katie Jarvis who won the role when she was spotted arguing with her then Boyfriend at Tilbury Railway station by a Casting Director...

Quoting Wikipedia is nor big or clever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pardon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member

Haha this ^ :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kierston is a great actress. I wish kirsty hadn't been axed
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she the fish?

Might explain the lips.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Was she the fish?

Might explain the lips.

:D:D:D

I don't know why but she reminds me of those Garfields that used to stick to car windows some time ago
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive seen it, on the couch :o

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kierston was also great in the BBC drama Five Daughters about the 5 prostitutes murdered in 2006
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHadqREG-Q

Yes she was brill in it, Vaslav right the director saw the actress who plays her daughter arguing with her boyfriend and was impressed so offered her the chance to audition, I don't think she done anything since, its a shame about KW she been wasted in EE I think if she hadn't been brought in as another of Max's bit on the side it would of worked better, writing let her down.
  • Options
    x_malibubabex_malibubabe Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like Kirsty but I did like keirston in this!!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a fantastic actress and was a massive coup for EE. Shame it hasn't worked out because she would have been an asset, I'm sure she will go on to bigger and better things.
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierston is a great actress. I wish kirsty hadn't been axed

Has she been axed though or is she just leaving at the end of her 1 year contract..she seems such a busy actress I never saw her as long term EE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »
    Has she been axed though or is she just leaving at the end of her 1 year contract..she seems such a busy actress I never saw her as long term EE

She was axed by DTC.

But the actress said several months ago she didn't see herself staying in the show longterm. I think she'd have definitely done another year or two if she wasn't axed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »

She was announced as axed along with several others but I do think she must have left of her own accord because I cannot believe they would axe an actress of her status. She very nearly won a BAFTA. Plus they created the part just for her and then waited until she was available before writing her into it.

I believe like you she just did EE because she was flattered they wrote a part just for her. As you say her career was really starting to take off so the fact she did EE at all was surprising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was announced as axed along with several others but I do think she must have left of her own accord because I cannot believe they would axe an actress of her status. She very nearly won a BAFTA. Plus they created the part just for her and then waited until she was available before writing her into it.

That doesn't point to her quitting at all. If she'd quit, they'd say so or at least she would.

Sounds simply that Kirkwood or Newman wanted her, DTC didn't. Or at least he had no use for the character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    That doesn't point to her quitting at all. If she'd quit, they'd say so or at least she would.

Sounds simply that Kirkwood or Newman wanted her, DTC didn't. Or at least he had no use for the character.

Maybe she will say. I can remember Laurie Brett on Loose Woman last year and she more or less confirmed it wasn't fully her choice to leave EE. So the press releases aren't always the full story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most of DTC's axings but I am mystified when the likes of FatBoy, Kim are staying put and the likes of Kirsty are axed.
  • Options
    DrowsyDreamerDrowsyDreamer Posts: 239
    Forum Member

lol .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she will say. I can remember Laurie Brett on Loose Woman last year and she more or less confirmed it wasn't fully her choice to leave EE. So the press releases aren't always the full story.

:confused: No she didn't. She said she went on maternity leave, came back, struggled to balance work with family and so quit.
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha
    Post of the day.