Verdict Due in Amanda Knox Re-Trial Today

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/amanda-knox/55260/amanda-knox-ready-become-fugitive-if-found-guilty-again

I would hope they reach the right verdict this time and find her not guilty but it's hard to predict considering how the case has been handled up until now.

But even with a not guilty verdict, I suspect there'll still be another appeal ..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/europe/amanda-knox/55260/amanda-knox-ready-become-fugitive-if-found-guilty-again

I would hope they reach the right verdict this time and find her not guilty but it's hard to predict considering how the case has been handled up until now.

But even with a not guilty verdict, I suspect there'll still be another appeal ..

The case will automatically be appealed apparently.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of academic, either way she ain't gonna go back.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    The star turn won't be there.

Its like having a Justin Bieber concert without him turning up.

Edit to add: Maybe wrong example.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've barely seen or heard anything about the re-trial, so I hope that points to a not guilty verdict. How it was even able to go to a re-trial is baffling to me.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I've barely seen or heard anything about the re-trial, so I hope that points to a not guilty verdict. How it was even able to go to a re-trial is baffling to me.

I guess the fact that she wasn't there probably meant that it wasn't newsworthy in the eyes of the news channels.

If Giuliano Mignini still has any influence in the case, it won't be dropped any time soon.
  • anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guilty verdict will make no difference to Amanda Knox - there is no way she will be extradited - not a single iota of evidence fulfills a US requirement that 'probable cause' be shown before they extradite anyone.

However, it will be a grotesque injustice to Sollecito.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The longer this goes on the more convinced I am Knox had something to do with the death, weather on purpose or accidental. I used to be on the fence, but there is just something about the woman that screams dodgy to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The longer this goes on the more convinced I am Knox had something to do with the death, weather on purpose or accidental. I used to be on the fence, but there is just something about the woman that screams dodgy to me.

There is not one shred of real evidence that Amanda Knox was anywhere near the apartment when it happened.

Most significant of all, none of her DNA or Sollecito's DNA was found in Kercher's room. Yet it was full of Guede's.

Your response is exactly what Colin Stagg had to endure for years.

And a just verdict does not go on 'feelings'.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Its one of those were the truth will never be revealed but knox has that look about her but you cant judge a book and all that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    knox has that look about her.

Yeah. Evil eyes and a crooked nose.

Or perhaps just female (no-one seems to think Sollectico has 'that look' about him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anais32 wrote: »
    There is not one shred of real evidence that Amanda Knox was anywhere near the apartment when it happened

Exactly. But, sadly, people have read a lot of the salacious gossip in the papers over the years and put two and two together to come up with their feeling that she's "hiding something".
    Its one of those were the truth will never be revealed but knox has that look about her but you cant judge a book and all that.

The truth has been revealed. The real killer of Mereditch Kercher is currently serving a jail sentence for the crime.

And what "look" would that be out that Knox supposedly has ?
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely people don't really think she's guilty because of the way she looks? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »

Oh most definitely. I've followed the case for many years and the amount of people who think she's guilty because of a "look" or because she was some sort of sordid sex kitten (she wasn't..) is quite amazing - and sad as well i think.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think its more because she's not a simpering demure woman sobbing her innocence hysterically at every turn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or because she used cannabis. The fact that all of them in the house did, and that Meredith grew plants for her boyfriend seems to be irrelevant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or because she tried to pin the crime on an innocent man who would have been in serious trouble if he had not got a rock solid alibi. I don't know if she is guilty but I don't think she has told the whole truth either.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or I'd suggest the truth has been revealed, and some people simply don't want to accept it?

What 'look' does she have? You can't judge a book, but you've done exactly that with that comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    Or because she tried to pin the crime on an innocent man who would have been in serious trouble if he had not got a rock solid alibi. I don't know if she is guilty but I don't think she has told the whole truth either.

A statement she later retracted. A statement she made after hours of interrogation on her own in a language she didn't even speak at the time. any judge in the us or uk would have tossed the statement as inadmissable considering how it was obtained.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A statement she later retracted. A statement she made after hours of interrogation on her own in a language she didn't even speak at the time. any judge in the us or uk would have tossed the statement as inadmissable considering how it was obtained.

She was found guilty of slander by the same jury that overturned the guilty verdict. The sentence was 3 years (she had already served 4) and a fine of €22000.http://abcnews.go.com/International/amanda-knox-acquitted-leaves-prison/t/story?id=14654317&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Fsearch%3Fie%3DUTF-8%26source%3Dandroid-browser%26hl%3Den-GB%26q%3Damsnda%2Bknox%2Bprison.sentence%26gws_rd%3Dcr%26ei%3D5DzqUrmaOKSm0AXs9YHADQ
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh most definitely. I've followed the case for many years and the amount of people who think she's guilty because of a "look" or because she was some sort of sordid sex kitten (she wasn't..) is quite amazing - and sad as well i think.

Yes, there were very mean comments in the US where many think she had support. Even today in the news it said she looked as if she didn't have a care in the world. How would they know what she is thinking or feeling?

In addition I see that the prosecution dropped the "sex game gone wrong" theory. I always thought that was fantasy.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    If she's found guilty she will not be able to go to any country with an extradition treaty with Italy. There are several CIA agents found guilty of a crime unable to leave the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »

I'm aware of that, but it was, if memory serves, because of allegations the police hit her during her interrogation. it still doesn't change the circumstances of the interrogation itself - she was interrogated as a witness rather than a suspect so they could get around the need for her needing legal representation.
    bollywood wrote: »
    Yes, there were very mean comments in the US where many think she had support. Even today in the news it said she looked as if she didn't have a care in the world. How would they know what she is thinking or feeling?

In addition I see that the prosecution dropped the "sex game gone wrong" theory. I always thought that was fantasy.

I agree about the 'sex game gone wrong' theory being fantasy. it was all part of Mignini's fantasy scenario involving "foxy knoxy". heaven forbid a young, attractive woman actually has sex and doesn't immediately go in to hiding!
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    If she's found guilty she will not be able to go to any country with an extradition treaty with Italy. There are several CIA agents found guilty of a crime unable to leave the US.

I doubt that would bother her. If i was her i would never leave America again, even if i could.
    I don't know what i believe when it comes to her to be honest. Everything i know about the case has come from either heavily biased American documentaries for her or a book i read that was clearly biased against her. Theres so much conflicting information that i don't know what to think.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    If I were her I'd ring the court, ask to be put on conference call and tell the lot of them to "F right off"
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member

Oh I'm sure they do. Remember poor Christopher Jefferies?