LONDON LIVE not on VM?

bruce_appletonbruce_appleton Posts: 605
Forum Member
✭✭
I live in NW Surrey/SW London (KT postcode) inside the M25. I have rebooted my Tivo box but still don't have London Live on 159...infact I don't have channel 159. I have a gut feeling I get my service frrom Guildford so that might be the reason but I was wondering if anyone in my area has London Live or has it just not launched on VM yet?

Comments

• Satellite JohnSatellite John Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London Live has launched on VM in London area, so I guess you must be right about getting your TV from Guildford.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=71976395&postcount=917
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live on the Epsom Downs - KT20 - and London Live is working and broadcasting for me on Virgin channel 159.
  • ogrynogryn Posts: 3,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely launched in TW postcode too.
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are KT16 and we have it.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will depend which regional headend serves your area. There is a list in post 9 here:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=751515

Guildford has it's own local TV channel coming. If you are served by Guildford headend you'll get 'That's Surrey' instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A search of the OPs postings shows that he lives near Brooklands / Byfleet - just inside the M25 but not in SW London.

Brooklands / Byfleet is (just) in the Guildford franchise thus won't get London Live.

Epsom / Tadworth are in the Hersham franchise and will, as will the ex-Telewest franchises inside the GLA boundary.

Mystery solved!
  • bruce_appletonbruce_appleton Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A search of the OPs postings shows that he lives near Brooklands / Byfleet - just inside the M25 but not in SW London.

Brooklands / Byfleet is (just) in the Guildford franchise thus won't get London Live.

Epsom / Tadworth are in the Hersham franchise and will, as will the ex-Telewest franchises inside the GLA boundary.

Mystery solved!

Yes you're right in my location so KT16(an earlier poster)must be in a different franchise even though KT16 is about 5 miles away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you're right in my location so KT16(an earlier poster)must be in a different franchise even though KT16 is about 5 miles away.

KT16 is in Hersham franchise, so yes.
  • Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't worry about it, the channel is the biggest steaming pile of horse sh*t. Low budget amateur channel aimed at under 20s who are possibly retarded. If you have more than half a dozen brain cells this channel isn't for you.
  • OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have an ariel, you should be able to receive it on Freeview. I can get it and I live near Reading.

There was nothing worth watching when I tried it and haven't attempted it again since, but that's just a lack of time rather than disinterest.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These so called local channels are partly paid by the BBC with Millions £ .
    I feel they are waste of money and are not local as London live as been showing repeats shows from other channels and I do not see a real local service.
    I also feel that these private owned channels should find any cost in joining another platform other then freeview should from them self and not from my BBC ....
    As these channels are on weak power muxes on freeview and will only cover main areas of the UK, virgin will act the same in putting them in local networks so that the same epg number can be used around the UK .