sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening
    beetroot the veg of choice for all three chefs. Yuk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    A message in the pigeon's claw? Very original.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HotSeatSue wrote: »
    A message in the pigeon's claw? Very original.

Wouldn't find a claw positioned across my plate, with or without any message, lipsmacking and deliciously tempting.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    There's something about Ray........ Makes me want smack him in his smug chops!

Hope one of the others catches up and wins!

And as for the message in the pigeon's claw?? Ewwwwwwwwwww!
  • Options
    fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would prefer to have a pigeon claw than endless pickled beetroot. What is it about beetroot this year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate beetroot.

Come back scallops and pea puree, all is forgiven.
  • Options
    MrsCloumboMrsCloumbo Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike Marcus Wareing.
    I think hes a thoroughly unpleasant git.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, coming a bit late to the show..well only one day late..lol

Like the idea they are doing the WW1 theme this time :D

Oooh and am drooling over Marcus Waring for some reason..I find him so...mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Evening all, coming a bit late to the show..well only one day late..lol

Like the idea they are doing the WW1 theme this time :D

Oooh and am drooling over Marcus Waring for some reason..I find him so...mmmmmmmm

Can't stand him. He's so smug and arrogant.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    There's something about Ray........ Makes me want smack him in his smug chops!

Right there with you!

I hope he makes another epic misjudgement like last year's Titanic offering.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Will is getting battered more than his fish.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Right there with you!

I hope he makes another epic misjudgement like last year's Titanic offering.

Oh was it Ray with the Titanic last year, was trying to remember who it was..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Why is Marcus Wareing even there? Yes, he has gorgeous blue eyes, but he's almost mute and appears kind of smug.

The fish dishes looked great and NO beetroot. Yeah!
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was he just being Lovely Tom Kerridge's tastebuds for the fish course? LTK is violently allergic to shellfish.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far so good & I'm getting some great food ideas, but I doubt my food would look half as good.

As for Marcus Wareing, I don't care why he's there....... Just serve him up to me on a large silver platter & I'd be a very happy Cezzy:D
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Barrell of laughs Ray seems to be getting an easy ride this week.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems wrong to have an actual theme after the confusion of last year :cool:
    I want comedy Titanics, Nan's china and novelty sauce boats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    It seems wrong to have an actual theme after the confusion of last year :cool:
    I want comedy Titanics, Nan's china and novelty sauce boats.

...And novelty red plates, of course.

(Christ, your post brought all of the nightmare that was last year back.)
  • Options
    EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No surprises with the two going through ......
  • Options
    si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's judging has been rather unfair this week. I know we can't taste the food - but he really seem to have it in for the youngster from the outset.

Yes, his dishes had many elements - but the same was true of the others.

And TK needs to get over himself with regards to the use of molecular techniques.

All felt rather unfair and wrong to me. The right two probably did go through - but some of the comments were overly harsh.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I agree - Tom has been unfairly harsh on the young chap....his offerings were not that much worse than the other two - yet he was marked down hard on almost every course.

I found it amazing that Tom rated Rays pud a 9 when the other 2 chefs didn't rate it ata all - and had the guts to say so to Ray's face. If Ray's was worth a 9 the other 2 were worth higher points..

I just hope the judges choose Chris tonight - just to give McArdle a reality check!
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    si29uk wrote: »
    Tom's judging has been rather unfair this week. I know we can't taste the food - but he really seem to have it in for the youngster from the outset.

Yes, his dishes had many elements - but the same was true of the others.

And TK needs to get over himself with regards to the use of molecular techniques.

All felt rather unfair and wrong to me. The right two probably did go through - but some of the comments were overly harsh.

I agree with that comment. Some of his remarks about Will's first course seemed not just harsh but as if they were designed to humiliate. I thought it was because Will (on first showing) seemed to be rather cocky and he wanted to bring him down a peg or two. However from succeeding episodes, it is apparent that Will has been anything but cocky. In fact he has been very humble. After the first episode's harsh comments, the judge seemed to be trying to soften his attitude to Will, as if he knew he had gone too far. Perhaps he wanted to appear as Mr Nice. At any rate, he returned to the attack with the dessert course. No need to scorn Will's use of the concept of soldiers. If a piece of toast can be used as a soldier it's not that hard to see how a piece of something else can be used in a simular way. Yet he doesn't get it, as if that's Will's fault. Maybe Kerridge isn't all that bright. He's certainly not all that nice. Clearly he loves Ray's cooking, though.
  • Options
    kingofcakeskingofcakes Posts: 2,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a different meat for each of the winning main courses in every series so far: Venison, Rabbit, Beef, Lamb, Duck, Pork,Chicken, Goat. So if this trend continues we could see something like Mutton or Guinea Fowl as the main this year.

Hoping Chris goes through tonight, I just can't take to Ray for some reason, it'll be interesting to see how the judges view the dishes in comparison to Kerridge, as there's been times when the course that received the highest score from the chef judge gets panned at the end of the week. As for Kerridge he's always been a harsh scorer, I was more surprised by how high Ray's score was.

I liked the system they used in the 4th series where there were 2 competitors, and a former winner that was there to give constructive criticism rather than score the dishes.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward tonight always prefer judging day :)