Options

Is Grand Theft Auto VI (6) on the way already?

supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
Forum Member
Came across this.
Although it seems very unreliable, there does have an element of truth to it.

What do you think?
I'm still convinced RockStar are putting efforts into expansion of GTAV and the move across to New Gen and PC...rather than moving ahead to GTA VI

http://www.ibtimes.com/gta-6-release-date-rumors-hip-hop-artist-working-next-game-based-liberty-city-1571448

Comments

• Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It's not Grand Theft Auto 6.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA6 is obviously coming. But this guy has not been recording audio for it.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt it will be in the early stages of production, but no, this guy is telling tall tales.

Not to mention, many of the big hitters in the industry will make people sign a non-disclosure agreement for before the game gets its official release.

Also, unless they were getting within a year or so of release, you wouldn't be doing sound at this stage.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the single player DLC for GTA5 has you travel to Liberty City.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not HB. Liberty City is just drab. Please R*, no more LC. Even for DLC.

When VI does arrive I am hoping for a new setting or a return to Vice City. A run in with crime boss Tommy Vercetti would be great.
  • Options
    Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not HB. Liberty City is just drab. Please R*, no more LC. Even for DLC.

When VI does arrive I am hoping for a new setting or a return to Vice City. A run in with crime boss Tommy Vercetti would be great.

I agree. I never did get very far in GTA IV. Drab is the perfect word to describe Liberty City.

I can imagine a present day Vice City on PS4 and Xbox One would be pretty epic. However I think I remember Rockstar mentioning that there would be no 'crossovers' in future titles. Hence why CJ never featured in GTA V, despite it being set in his hometown of Los Santos.

Definitely think GTA 6 will be released at some point. Probably in about 2-3 years. If we're lucky :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's either GTA 5 DLC or a remaster for PS4 and Xbox One I'd bet on DLC.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    San Andreas had a missions where you travelled back to Liberty City so it could be possible DLC would has a similar mission, Rockstar have the city build already so it wouldn't be too hard.

I do agree Liberty City is rather drab but I would love it if Rockstar could somehow add it to GTA Online.
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To think how GTA VI will be is exciting if they aim to take it up a level from GTA V. But I expect if they are aiming for that it will be another 5 years before release.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Rockstar always take so long to release the gta games?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Rockstar's style to release a remaster I would expect it to be DLC for 5. Saying that I wouldn't be suprised if they released it for PS4/XBox One the way other devs have upgraded.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    San Andreas had a missions where you travelled back to Liberty City so it could be possible DLC
    would has a similar mission, Rockstar have the city build already so it wouldn't be too hard.

I do agree LC is rather drab but I would love it if Rockstar could somehow add it to GTA Online.
    One thing to remember, is that six years have past since the events of GTA IV, so LC might look somewhat
    different by now. If LC is returning in a DLC mission pack for GTA V, then I would expect to see the city
    updated to reflect the passage of time since a certain Serbian immigrant was there in 2008.

All the familiar districts would still be there ... like Bohan, Broker, Algonquin, Alderney, etc ... and the street
    layout will mostly be the same, but I imagine a lot of the derelict buildings in some parts of the city might
    have been demolished and/or redeveloped. I'd also hazard a guess that the unfinished road bridge
    between South Bohan and Northern Gardens would be completed by now!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Better than the yearly updates like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty etc.

GTA is one of the few games I still get hyped for and that's because we have to wait a while for the next one.

I'm hoping for a new Red Dead game next. Rockstar level of detail, story and characters is also thanks to them taking their time and getting it right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar DLC is better than anything anyone else puts out. I'm hoping for a red dead 2 but I doubt rockstar will release it next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Rockstar DLC is better than anything anyone else puts out. I'm hoping for a red dead 2 but I doubt rockstar will release it next.
    We'll probably see a new Red Dead game before we get another GTA or Max Payne though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Better than the yearly updates like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty etc.

GTA is one of the few games I still get hyped for and that's because we have to wait a while for the next one.

I'm hoping for a new Red Dead game next. Rockstar level of detail, story and characters is also thanks to them taking their time and getting it right.

You'd have a point if GTA was being developed in the time frame it takes to release each instalment but R* only spent 2 years on the last one and it took 5 years to release it!

As for Red Dead, I'm not sure how you can expand on that franchise, I don't see what more there is to be done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'd have a point if GTA was being developed in the time frame it takes to release each instalment but R* only spent 2 years on the last one and it took 5 years to release it!

Excuse me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for Red Dead, I'm not sure how you can expand on that franchise, I don't see what more there is to be done.
    I'm sure I read it took more than 2 years to make GTA5, I heard they started working on it soon after GTA4.

Either way I'm sure it took longer than 2 years just because of the scale and detail and how big it is etc.

I think (or hope) there will be another Red Dead. It's the second game in the franchise, I can't see why it would be difficult to carry that gaming series on.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A short guess, but creating a gaming world which involves dozens of hours of gameplay and is in the conversation for being one of the finest artistic achievements in human history takes a bit of time, possibly?
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you know R* games are among the games that most people are least likely to finish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you know R* games are among the games that most people are least likely to finish.
    I don't normally complete a lot of games, but I finish most of Rockstar games.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Also, unless they were getting within a year or so of release, you wouldn't be doing sound at this stage.

Depends on their approach. Perhaps they write the scripts and record the audio before they start to do anything else and then build the game around the sound clips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A short guess, but creating a gaming world which involves dozens of hours of gameplay and is in the conversation for being one of the finest artistic achievements in human history takes a bit of time, possibly?

Um, no babe. An artistic achievement is something like Gone with the Wind. Video games are cute but can hardly be considered amongst the greatest artistic achievements in human history! There's a reason why other entertainment industries look down upon it.

Now, Rockstar took five years to release a game that took a mere 2 years to complete when they already had a strong template for the world building process. That, to me, is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Depends on their approach. Perhaps they write the scripts and record the audio before they start to do anything else and then build the game around the sound clips.

Grand Theft Auto V was a mess audio production wise with the radio, it was originally drafted in 2009 and had stuff mixed then, but as the years went on, a LOT of stuff was changed, dropped, cut and altered til it was basically pushed out with what we have now.

Flying Lotus did four mixes over the course of three years for FlyLo FM for example, Non Stop Pop changed genres from Party Pop, to strictly Modern, to being bundled with a more Adult Contemporary sound when the 80's Station was cut.

There was originally a 90s Rock Station that played a mix of quite a lot of British Rock stuff actually, that was dropped IN THE FINAL 8 MONTHS, which quickly got replaced with Vinewood BLVD Radio, Wavves were great to come in last minute with that and get some tracks in. Lastly there was also meant to be a Smooth Jazz station, this was dropped between 2010/2011, and the slot was given to Giles Peterson, which lead to Wordwide FM, but had couple of jazz tracks on it because the rights were already agreed for those (you'll notice it in the station when it cuts to THREE songs around 20 minutes in, GP did a good enough job with it, but I still think it stands out a bit compared with the rest of the station).

edit:
    @Naa_KwaKai: I don't know what you've read, but I can assure you, it's VERY wrong, this game started pre-production in 2008, first phase testing and building in 2009, with first audio also being recorded and mixed, etc.
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we get either a new Red Dead game or even a follow up to Bully which still is one of my favourite R* games.

One of the above and a remastered GTA 5 for my PS4 and I will be very happy!