Options

New NCIS spin off on the way

TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
Forum Member
✭✭
So, it seems we are getting a new NCIS based in New Orleans.

I don't know how many of you saw the back door pilot during the latest season of NCIS so I won't spoil it. All I will say is that I liked the characters introduced in it much more than I liked the characters of NCIS: Red (for me, NCIS is all about the characters).

As for the setting, well, they simply couldn't have chosen a more vibrant or interesting city than New Orleans.

I think they have the makings of a good show there.

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, it seems we are getting a new NCIS based in New Orleans.

I don't know how many of you saw the back door pilot during the latest season of NCIS so I won't spoil it. All I will say is that I liked the characters introduced in it much more than I liked the characters of NCIS: Red (for me, NCIS is all about the characters).

As for the setting, well, they simply couldn't have chosen a more vibrant or interesting city than New Orleans.

I think they have the makings of a good show there.

I don't think it will do very well. The characters were not that good IMO especially the 2 male leads.

NCIS is getting too samey and this will just be the same thing too.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, I definitely liked the characters more than the Red team as much as I liked the concept of the Red team: a team who travel and live together to maximise response readiness.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen the end of the current season so have no idea of the characters you mean. I love NCIS Los Angeles, and would definitely give another spin-off a look. But it sounds a bit like the way CSI went - so many series in so many different locations that it became boring. Hope NCIS doesn't fall into same trap.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they stick with the same cast it destroys my idea of a crossover between NCIS and Quantum Leap, as they could easily be in the same universe with the same creator and the navy links to both.

You can imagine an Hawaii 5 0 - Magnum - Quantum Leap trilogy (all three had links or planned links - Sam was planned to leap in as Thomas Magnum had the show not been axed and 5-0 was frequently plugged in early Magnum episodes).

Plus NCIS: LA has already had an Hawaii 5 - 0 crossover and JAG and NCIS characters have crossed over more than once - indeed NCIS launched as an episode of JAG.

Though as Al from Quantum Leap has already appeared as Sec Nav in the JAGiverse it is I guess good to see Sam following him into NCIS as a different character.

More seriously, I do agree there is a severe risk of the new show strangling the parent series by having too much of the same. Personally I would have liked to see something more different - such as a Law and Order style NCIS series with regular JAG officers as cast as well as NCIS agents so we can see what happens in court after the case is solved. That, at least, would have differentiated NCIS: New Orleans from LA and Washington.