Options

CS - Brooke Vincent

teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
Forum Member
Just been catching up on Corrie, im about a week behind so ive been watching the episodes where Sawfeh and Maddeh sleep rough and eventually move in with Kevin.

Im finding it hard to continue watching as Brooke Vincent is such a terrible actress. Ive never really noticed before but she really is awful.

Plus her constant pouting is incredibly annoying...

>:(>:(

Comments

• Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I've enjoyed the recent Corrie episodes without Sophie and Maddie in more, to be honest. ^_^
  • Options
    randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get over how much her face reminds me of Randy Orton...
  • Options
    teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I can't get over how much her face reminds me of Randy Orton...

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I do not mean this as an insult to Brooke Vincent as person, as I am sure she is perfectly lovely... but for me she is absolutely one of the worst actresses in soap.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    Just been catching up on Corrie, im about a week behind so ive been watching the episodes where Sawfeh and Maddeh sleep rough and eventually move in with Kevin.

Im finding it hard to continue watching as Brooke Vincent is such a terrible actress. Ive never really noticed before but she really is awful.

Plus her constant pouting is incredibly annoying...

>:(>:(
    Why is she still in the show? She was cute enough playing a child, but she never made the transition to being an adult actress.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is she still in the show? She was cute enough playing a child, but she never made the transition to being an adult actress.

The trouble is some of these child actors dont make the transition because they dont go to drama school to horn their acting skills. BV gives us the sam performance she gave us when she was a child and somehow it doesnt fit in with the adult Sophie.:)
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    To my mind and I dont mean this nastily but I personally get the impression that Brooke in the past year or so has become more preoccupied with the showbiz side of her job and maybe thats played a part in her not putting her all into her role in recent times.I dont think shes inherently a poor actress but maybe shes took her eye off the ball and become distracted?She needs to refocus is my hunch.
    ^Hard to explain but just the impression I get from her social media accounts.Theyd never recast Sophie though of that Im sure.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like what I've seen of her in TV interviews. She seems to have a very bad and rude attitude. Bit like Cotton and Marsh.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I don't like what I've seen of her in TV interviews. She seems to have a very bad and rude attitude. Bit like Cotton and Marsh.

Would you like Sophie written out and recast or axed altogether?To be honest I think only a radical producer would axe Sally Websters only onscreen daughter.The current boss doesnt strike me as radical.

I dont think Michelle Keegan has ever come across rude in interviews.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you like Sophie written out and recast or axed altogether?To be honest I think only a radical producer would axe Sally Websters only onscreen daughter.The current boss doesnt strike me as radical.

I dont think Michelle Keegan has ever come across rude in interviews.

I'm not a fan of recasts unless there is no other option. However I'm surprised just how spiteful and rude most of the younger generation on Corrie seem to be. Cotton, Marsh, Vincent, McAlpine. They just seem like an unpleasant bunch you wouldn't want to meet on a night out!
  • Options
    Masher29Masher29 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »
    I do not mean this as an insult to Brooke Vincent as person, as I am sure she is perfectly lovely... but for me she is absolutely one of the worst actresses in soap.

I have been trying to not comment bit I can't hold back. She's awful and the recent episodes showcase this
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    The trouble is some of these child actors dont make the transition because they dont go to drama school to horn their acting skills. BV gives us the sam performance she gave us when she was a child and somehow it doesnt fit in with the adult Sophie.:)

BIB: that is a good point bornfree I hadn't thought of it like that before, she was great as a child and yes her character doesn't seem to have grown or matured.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    BIB: that is a good point bornfree I hadn't thought of it like that before, she was great as a child and yes her character doesn't seem to have grown or matured.

Screaming I hate you at Sally and running up the stairs like a little child the other week, was seriously pathetic.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    She is awful, the storyline is awful, they need to dump her and get her sister back ;) even her real life cousin, who plays Faye, is a better actress than she can ever be, child actors dont always grow up to be good adult actors, and she is one of them who simply cannot act.

Get rid of her and Corrie would be almost perfect for me, especially when OrangeTina goes.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Isn't it quite rare for a child soap actor to grow up looking as attractive as Brooke is, though? For that reason alone her job is safe.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Isn't quite rare for a child soap actor to grow up looking as attractive as Brooke is, though? For that reason alone her job is safe.

Attractive? she is a plain Jane with weird lips ;) not that that matters, it is her useless acting that bothers me. get rid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Isn't quite rare for a child soap actor to grow up looking as attractive as Brooke is, though? For that reason alone her job is safe.

But we also have Chesney, bless him and his job seems secure too. Corrie just don't seem to like to get rid of many characters, which is good in a way so there isn't much of a revolving door but sometimes, characters just need axed.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Screaming I hate you at Sally and running up the stairs like a little child the other week, was seriously pathetic.

But that was, presumably, what the script said. She plays a character who has childish tantrums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    But that was, presumably, what the script said. She plays a character who has childish tantrums.

True enough, so it's more a scripting problem you think? Rather than the actress? Maybe she thinks her character is pathetic so doesn't give much thought to her scenes.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    True enough, so it's more a scripting problem you think? Rather than the actress? Maybe she thinks her character is pathetic so doesn't give much thought to her scenes.

I think a bit (or lot) of both to be honest. I agree that she is an average actress at best but the scriptwriting is nonsense as well. You could argue that the writers have not allowed the character to mature even though she has grown from schoolgirl doing homework upstairs to young woman starting life in the adult world. Mind you, like so many soap twenty somethings, she still lives at home so it is a bit more difficult to make her too worldly wise.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its beyond me how this not particularly attractive mumbling poor actress keeps getting her contract renewed over and over again. Either axe the character or have her go away and return with a new head. She is truly terrible.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be quite and arrogant person which always seems strange to me as she is such an ordinary looking girl with no particular likeable characteristics to her personality.
    Also I think this is the thin end of the wedge and in a few years time from now she's going to blossom into something that makes Tracey Barlow look like the Virgin Mary.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I fast forward when Sawfeh and Maddeh appear in my screen! Can't stand the dire acting!
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    She appears to be quite and arrogant person which always seems strange to me as she is such an ordinary looking girl with no particular likeable characteristics to her personality.
    Also I think this is the thin end of the wedge and in a few years time from now she's going to blossom into something that makes Tracey Barlow look like the Virgin Mary.

I never thought I'd say this but Kate Ford is a better actress then BV:o
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I fast forward when Sawfeh and Maddeh appear in my screen! Can't stand the dire acting!
    You, me, and a great majority of the viewers, Safi74.