Options

A question about Leon

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Muttley76

Do you think for one moment the professionals in the music industry would offer Leon an album contract, if he does not win the X Factor?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said she was not entitled to her opinion. Some people are deluded, they make things out to be greater than they really are.

How can it be deluded to prefer to listen to one person's voice than another? All opinions whether it be music, clothes or art are entirely subjective. I know that your a Rhydian supporter but forgive me if I don't like opera. I genuinely don't. I do find Rhydian's performances entertaining though but I wouldn't buy a record by him. I'm not keen on swing either but I do like Leon's voice and if he cut a cd I'd definitely buy it.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think for one moment the professionals in the music industry would offer Leon an album contract, if he does not win the X Factor?

Only time will tell, who knows? :)

If he makes it a couple more weeks to the top 3 or 4, the chances are reasonably good that he will be offered a deal of sorts, though, as historically this is often the case in regards the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How can it be deluded to prefer to listen to one person's voice than another? All opinions whether it be music, clothes or art are entirely subjective. I know that your a Rhydian supporter but forgive me if I don't like opera. I genuinely don't. I do find Rhydian's performances entertaining though but I wouldn't buy a record by him. I'm not keen on swing either but I do like Leon's voice and if he cut a cd I'd definitely buy it.

It is not deluded to prefer to listen to one person's voice than another, I never said it was. I like different types of music too.

It is deluded to make things out to be greater than they actually are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is deluded to make things out to be greater than they actually are.

But don't you understand that it is only in your opinion things are being made out to be greater than they are????!!!! Other people will see things differently to you, it does not make them deluded!!!!:D
  • Options
    AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76

The MacDonald Brothers have their second album out either now or v soon. I think Leon will get something if he makes the final four.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aesa wrote: »
    The MacDonald Brothers have their second album out either now or v soon. I think Leon will get something if he makes the final four.

Well if he gets an album deal good luck to him, after all he is on the same level as The MacDonald Brothers.:eek:

Will Leon become an international star?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    But don't you understand that it is only in your opinion things are being made out to be greater than they are????!!!! Other people will see things differently to you, it does not make them deluded!!!!:D

Louis who is in the music industry said "if Leon thinks he is in the same league as Rhydian, he’s crazy". I don’t think Simon rates him too.

From this, I get the impression the professionals in the music industry would know he has a fan base, however he has an average amount of talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis who is in the music industry said "if Leon thinks he is in the same league as Rhydian, he’s crazy". I don’t think Simon rates him too.

From this, I get the impression the professionals in the music industry would know he has a fan base, however he has an average amount of talent.

....in your opinion. I don't listen to Louis Walsh's, Simon Cowell's, or Pete Waterman's opinion when I go out and buy music, do you? Now if I was buying musak (for lifts) I might do :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ....in your opinion. I don't listen to Louis Walsh's, Simon Cowell's, or Pete Waterman's opinion when I go out and buy music, do you? Now if I was buying musak (for lifts) I might do :)

Neither do I. They do know who has star quality and who has not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither do I. They do know who has star quality and who has not!

I would dispute that - Simon and Louis seem to think that Hope have it - they also thought Alisha had it. Simon thought Ashley had it ( last year - I agreed with him) but the viewers didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would dispute that - Simon and Louis seem to think that Hope have it - they also thought Alisha had it. Simon thought Ashley had it ( last year - I agreed with him) but the viewers didn't.

They are trying to push Hope onto the public because they thought there was room for a girl band and they are in the business of making money.

I can’t remember them going on about the star quality Hope are!

“Simon thought Ashley had it”, if Ashley had a different attitude he could of made it, too full of himself.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder there is so much rubbish in the charts. Yes, people are entitled to like what ever they want; it still doesn’t mean its extreme talent. I thought what cute chick said was OTT.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, the same as you are entitled to yours. At least I wasn't rude! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cute chick wrote: »
    I'm entitled to my opinion, the same as you are entitled to yours. At least I wasn't rude! :rolleyes:

I never said you were not entitled to your opinion.

I don’t think I was being rude, delusion is dangerous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting. Could it be the case that your opinion is actually the delusional one? Life is a relative state of affairs. To say that Leon is talented is hardly delusional, PV, it is a very simple matter of personal taste. A simple concept that many humans can grasp. ;):D Kiddin' ;)

As for dangerous....is cute chick going to become some sort of 'ware-fan' that is going to stamp and jump upon Rhydian's number 1 selling debut CD in Woolworths? :D:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being called "deluded" IS rude and so is being called "dangerous". Not everyone likes Rhydian like you do, the other acts also have their own fans, are they deluded too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    As for dangerous....is cute chick going to become some sort of 'ware-fan' that is going to stamp and jump upon Rhydian's number 1 selling debut CD in Woolworths? :D:D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leon has real raw talent and it showed on Saturday. How refreshing to find genuine talent as opposed to the usual bunch of manufactured groups that can't sing in tune and mime all the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Could it be the case that your opinion is actually the delusional one? Life is a relative state of affairs. To say that Leon is talented is hardly delusional, PV, it is a very simple matter of personal taste. A simple concept that many humans can grasp. ;):D Kiddin' ;)

I refer you to one of my earlier posts, as I have gone through all this before. I do not care what people think of me, if my opinion is delusional. Some Leon fans are so worried about what others think of them.

Louis who is in the music industry said "if Leon thinks he is in the same league as Rhydian, he’s crazy". I don’t think Simon rates him too. From this, I get the impression the professionals in the music industry would know he has a fan base however he has an average amount of talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cute chick wrote: »
    Being called "deluded" IS rude and so is being called "dangerous". Not everyone likes Rhydian like you do, the other acts also have their own fans, are they deluded too?

I did not say you were. It was for the reader to come to their own conclusion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I refer you to one of my earlier posts, as I have gone through all this before. I do not care what people think of me, if my opinion is delusional. Some Leon fans are so worried about what others think of them.

Louis who is in the music industry said "if Leon thinks he is in the same league as Rhydian, he’s crazy". I don’t think Simon rates him too. From this, I get the impression the professionals in the music industry would know he has a fan base however he has an average amount of talent.

OK.

1. Louis thinks that Hope are good

2. Louis is on Simon's payroll

;) Just a bit of context.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK.

1. Louis thinks that Hope are good

2. Louis is on Simon's payroll

;) Just a bit of context.

Have you read the thread?

They are trying to push Hope onto the public because they thought there was room for a girl band and they are in the business of making money.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'best band we've ever had on the show'

:yawn::sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    'best band we've ever had on the show'
    :yawn::sleep:

This is supposed to mean what? They think Hope has star quality:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is supposed to mean what? They think Hope has star quality:rolleyes:

More like a weird attempt at mass TV audience hypnosis. Hasn't worked ;)