Sectarian Cameron

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    "That's another good point DD. You don't see anyone going mental about these songs. So why make a big deal about 'The Sash'"

Well, there haven't been English and Scottish paramilitary groups killing each other for the last 30 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigmadmental, at the beginning of this thred someone posted what you said last night and that's how this all started. You've also got people backing up what you said at the beginning so you weren't the only one to hear what he whistled. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by bigmadmental
    So DD, did a few people hear him then?Can you confirm this. If you can he will be ripped to shreads by the Scottish media, possibly similar to Donal Finley. Heavy shite there, wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

I didn't personally hear it or see it, but I posted on their forums for a month or so and you soon learn who are the bullshitters and who are the genuine posters. Enough genuine posters agreed that he was indeed whistling The Sash for me to make my decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Sparkyboy
    Is 'The Flower of Scotland' not about killing the English. Would we suddenly have a mega post about him whistling this. Inciting the whole of the English into a campaign of Cameron hating?
    The English were B'stards to the scots. Especially Edward Longshanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by DigiUK
    Yea, it's been confirmed by a few people with videos.

Really. Phew I thought the drink was affecting my ears last night so I'm glad a few others did hear it. That does seem strange it blurted out of him.

So what is this about banning? Was this being discussed on CH4's site only to be censored? Freedom of speech eh is alive and well.

Still, I think Cameron may regret whistling the tune but it doesn't make him a bigot overnight, I think many bigoted actions against his fellow man would have to be done before you can claim he isone. Just whistling a few bars of a tune, however ill informed, is just stupid, not sinister.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by eden2uk

I've forgiven them!
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by eden2uk

And the Scots were b'stards to the English, but this isn't about history between the Scots and the English. This is about someone who pretends to be whiter than white inciting religious bigotry and Ive heard enough from people who I believe to be telling the truth for me to believe that is what he was doing. If we don't unite at any other time in history, let us unite this once and get rid of him!
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like Cameron but do not hold it against him for the reason of whistling 'The Sash'.
  • HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's another good point DD. You don't see anyone going mental about these songs. So why make a big deal about 'The Sash'.

I could understand a scotsman sitting whistling flower of scotland, after all it is played fefore international sports events as a unofficial anthem.

I could understand an Englishman whistling God Save the Queen, it has been thenational anthem for god knows how long.

But i find it strange to hear that cameron, a Scotsman, was whistling the sash while making a st patricks day outfit with an Irishman sitting next to him. It's not exactly a song that the majority of Scots would whistle let alone sing, there is only one section of Scottish society that uses that song.
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like Cameron but do not hold it against him for the reason of whistling 'The Sash'.

Totally respect your point of view Sparky, but having dated a Catholic who got beaten up and spat on just because she was a Catholic, I cannot tolerate religious bigotry in any form whatsoever. It has no place in society and anyone who incites it or encourages it is not worth the steam off my s***, let alone a place on one of the most prominent television shows in the UK.

One thing that's certain though - Scottish Media Group (who employ his brother) will not be interested in him in any way whatsoever now - even if it was totally innocent.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Hammy
    I could understand a scotsman sitting whistling flower of scotland, after all it is played fefore international sports events as a unofficial anthem.

I could understand an Englishman whistling God Save the Queen, it has been thenational anthem for god knows how long.

But i find it strange to hear that cameron, a Scotsman, was whistling the sash while making a st patricks day outfit with an Irishman sitting next to him. It's not exactly a song that the majority of Scots would whistle let alone sing, there is only one section of Scottish society that uses that song.

Aye loon. It's only us rowie-eatin' sheepshaggers that talk ony sense! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    You really are a belter arent you Digi. ?

There you are gettin all "het up" about a guy whistling the Sash whilst at the same time you seek to justify the actions of the Provisional Irish Republican Army ?

Aye you must be terribly offended by that whislting eh ? Ask the guys who's mate got his leg blown off in Birmingham which offends him more ?

Why not tell the truth........you have failed to detail anything of a sectarian nature regarding that song. Perhaps because there is nothin of a sectarian nature contained within the song. Unless some Orangemen going to meet persons of a similar persuasion in Glasgow is somehow "bigotted".

Now I see you claim sectarian hatred has been prevalent in Northern Ireland since its foundation....well answer me this one...

Since 1900 the Catholic Population in Northern Ireland has dropped by only 2%.

Whilst the Protestant population in your country during the same period has dropped by 34%
    Forum Member
    For anyone who doesn't understand the religious bigotry in Scotland, just take a look at this crap from one of our supposed national newspapers. Read back through it. Hopefully you'll understand it better than I do because I just see it as two sad men spitting venom at each other...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/discussion/page.cfm?objectid=11681319&method=full&siteid=89488

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be Scottish when I see shit like that :( ~However, this is exactly why we must kill it and have no promoting of religious differences.
    Forum Member
    Dastardly you are right cr@p like that needs to be eradicated.

But labelling things as "sectarian" when they are not only serves to confuse the issue.

But tell me...why are people getting worked up about a song which has no sectarian content, whilst at the same time ignoring the fact that from infants we separate our children in schools according to religious denomination ?

South Africa did that by colour and called it apartheid and were rightly condemned for it.
  • HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by D.Dastardly
    Aye loon. It's only us rowie-eatin' sheepshaggers that talk ony sense! :)

Aye, rowie-eatin sheepshaggers rule.:D

Still no answer of what the hell it has to do with Scotland though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I FIND THIS WHOLE THING BEWILDERING.IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY CAMERON WHISTLING "THE SASH".YOU ARE INDEED A BIGOT YOURSELF.I AM LED TO BELIEVE THAT THE ORANGE ORDER TRIES TO PROMOTE "CIVIL AND RELIGIOUS LIBERTIES FOR ALL"IF YOU ARE OF THE OPINION THAT THE ORANGE ORDER PROMOTES SEGREGATION, CAN I JUST ASK YOU THIS......WHY IS THERE SEPERATE SCHOOLS FOR ROMAN CATHOLICS????IF YOU ARE HONEST WITH YOURSELVES I AM SURE YOU WILL AGREE THAT THESE IN ACTUAL FACT ARE A VERY BIG CAUSE OF RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE IN BRITAIN.........:)WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER MYSELF A BIGOT,JUST BECAUSE I AM PROUD OF MY HERITAGE AND CULTURE.HOW DARE YOU TRY AND MAKE ME FEEL ASHAMED OF MY ROOTS.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Ivanhoe
    whilst at the same time ignoring the fact that from infants we separate our children in schools according to religious denomination ?

South Africa did that by colour and called it apartheid and were rightly condemned for it.

Excellent point. Why do catholics have seperate schools?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Hammy
    Aye, rowie-eatin sheepshaggers rule.:D

Still no answer of what the hell it has to do with Scotland though.

lol, wool fondlers are the chosen few, and the harry rag, jags. Biggest team in Glasgow.

Still no answer to what this thread has to do with big brother anymore. I think Cam may have started WW3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Edna
    Like I said - go out on Saturday and see how many people are offended by 'The Sash' being played.

Remove that tricolour from round your shoulders then look again.

And on that note I'm calling it a night.

No Surrender Digi ;)

Having read through this thread from start to finish, can I just say that this posting by Edna is an absolute disgrace. And thats coming from a Scottish 'protestant'.

This thread really should be wiped.
    Forum Member
    Dastardly you are right cr@p like that needs to be eradicated.

But labelling things as "sectarian" when they are not only serves to confuse the issue.

But tell me...why are people getting worked up about a song which has no sectarian content, whilst at the same time ignoring the fact that from infants we separate our children in schools according to religious denomination ?

I totally agree with you. There should be no Catholic schools, no protestant schools, no segregation based on religion. As long as we have them we will have this divide that leads children to believe that other children who don't go to their school are "different". That is not the basis for building a stable and co-operative society.
    Forum Member
    The only segregation IS catholic. There are no protestant schools, only non denominational.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by fife_ayeready
    I FIND THIS WHOLE THING BEWILDERING.IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY CAMERON WHISTLING "THE SASH".YOU ARE INDEED A BIGOT YOURSELF.

1. Caps lock - it's the one above Shift on the left hand side.

2. If you read back, you'll see I have no religious allegiance and can very much play devil's advocate here. There is no place for bigotry in our modern society if we are to move forward. Catholics and protestants or whatever they want to call themsevles worship the same God. There are very few diferences. we can only move forward by learning.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Luxor
    Having read through this thread from start to finish, can I just say that this posting by Edna is an absolute disgrace. And thats coming from a Scottish 'protestant'.

This thread really should be wiped.

1. Living in Northern Ireland Edna is probably telling the truth about hearing the Sash when she goes out on a Saturday night.

2. Perhaps she feels even more offended that an organisation which has bombed, maimed and murdered many of her countymen/women should be defended by anyone.

So what is it Luxor which offends you so much. The truth ?
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only segregation IS catholic. There are no protestant schools, only non denominational.

beg to differ, there are church of england schools aplenty... or are you talking just about scotland? (you didn't say in your post)
    oh, and fife_ayeready... the capitals thing makes your post really hard to read, and makes you sound aggressive.
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Living in Northern Ireland Edna is probably telling the truth about hearing the Sash when she goes out on a Saturday night.

2. Perhaps she feels even more offended that an organisation which has bombed, maimed and murdered many of her countymen/women should be defended by anyone.

So what is it Luxor which offends you so much. The truth ?

and there have never been any murders/bombings by protestant groups????
This discussion has been closed.