Options

Madonna theme night

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
Anyone else think that this is long over due??? Surely 25 Years of tracks to choose from is going to provide some rich pickings. A good balance between upbeat and ballad tracks as well, rather than Mariah where it is only ballads vs a few upbeat tracks.

Thoughts...whos up for a Queen Madge night??? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me!! I would love this! great idea.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different record company to who Simon works for but I am sure it is plausible.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    There's certainly more wealth of songs from Madge than there is Mariah Carey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be better than Disco or Mariah. Such a variety of songs.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we ever had a Madonna song on the X Factor?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    God, I am shocked by the positive response!!! I was expecting a lot of negativity. LOL.

Yeah a great mix of songs to choose from, ballads like Live To Tell to upbeat tracks like Hung Up and Music.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't rate Madonna much as a singer,
    But she's done some really good songs so I'm surprised there hasn't been a Madonna week.
  • Options
    Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Madonna has tried many different musical styles over the years so each one of her era's has something for everyone. They should do one. imo.
  • Options
    NoNoDramaNoNoDrama Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TXF never play Madonna songs, neither does American Idol....not that I can recall anyway! Maybe it's a royality issue. Would make a nice change from mudering Whitney, Mariah and Christina.
  • Options
    SteakPieHarrySteakPieHarry Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    As long as the bitch herself doesn't show up.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna week would be awesome purely because of the sheer choice of genres, styles and songs. She's done pretty much everything! I'm not a big fan of Madonna's, especially her new stuff, it's just not for me. However, Madonna week is indeed overdue and would be far better than the pointless Disco week.
  • Options
    plinkiplonkplinkiplonk Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily think it's a royalty issue, I think Jessica Garlick did a few on PopIdol 1, but because of Madonna's limited range, there is not a lot of scope to belt out / oversing / emote her songs, and that seems to be the direction they go for, at least with the female singers...

Having said that, I would pay to see Eggnog do "like a virgin"...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily think it's a royalty issue, I think Jessica Garlick did a few on PopIdol 1, but because of Madonna's limited range, there is not a lot of scope to belt out / oversing / emote her songs, and that seems to be the direction they go for, at least with the female singers...

:eek::D
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I would like this idea! Much better than Mariah night :)
    Can see Diana singing an 80's song like "Holiday".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love a madonna week as long as I dont have to see Madonna herself performing half naked as per usual.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruth would have to do Frozen :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYYBCXsfvw

I'm not particularly a fan and I'm not a fan of restricted themes to one artist but Madonna has done so many genres throughout the years there is something for everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SamW25 wrote: »
    Ruth would have to do Frozen :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYYBCXsfvw

I'm not particularly a fan and I'm not a fan of restricted themes to one artist but Madonna has done so many genres throughout the year there is something for everyone.

Certainly a better bet than the inevitable "please don't do it you fools" La Isla Bonita!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have we ever had a Madonna song on the X Factor?

Yes, out of ALL the brilliant Madonna songs....they use 1 of her worst, Hope did "Hanky Panky" for big band night last year.....

And if you count "Hung Up" being included in there Abba performance of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" then that sorta counts....
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    TXF never play Madonna songs, neither does American Idol....not that I can recall anyway! Maybe it's a royality issue. Would make a nice change from mudering Whitney, Mariah and Christina.

there was a camp guy singing like a virgin on American Idol during the audition stages
    It was absolutely atrocious :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah Jessica sang "Crazy for you" to Pete Waterman :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna night would be quite good actually. Good call. :)
  • Options
    pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly a better bet than the inevitable "please don't do it you fools" La Isla Bonita!

Ruth doing La Isla Bonita :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pgw71 wrote: »
    Ruth doing La Isla Bonita :D:p

:eek:

NO!!!!!

:D
  • Options
    Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I don't know how people can slag Madonna off! what ever you think of her as a person, 95% of her tracks are iconic. She may not have a massive voice range but with such diverse musical tracks who needs it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    As long as the bitch herself doesn't show up.

:D:D I take it you're not so keen on her?

Who would sing 'Like a virgin'? I know someone who wouldn't be singing it:p