Options

Things that your friends do that make you mad?!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, also the friend who changes her babies nappy and leaves the unwrapped dirty nappy on the arm of my sofa and also absentmindedly picks out her hair extensions and leaves tatty lumps of hair down the back and sides of furniture cracks me up!:mad:

And I only find out when I am having to retrieve big fake hair lumps from my little boys throat!:mad::rolleyes:
  • Options
    MonkeyBumMonkeyBum Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends not replying to txts. EURGHHHHHH.
    Admittedly I sometimes don't, but when it's a best friend you sort of expect them to, especially when you ask a question!
    I hate it when friends get offended over little things. Surely the whole point of being good friends is that you're truthful, would you prefer it if I lied to your face?

One of my friends cannot do anythign without her boyfriend. It drives the rest of us mad, because sometimes we want a girly night, or something. I remember for my birthday I only wanted close friends to come, and my friend kept trying to get him invited!!! I rarely speak to him!!! God it frustrates me so much.

I also hate it when the same girl gets all pissy when other people back me up. She thinks she is right constantly, but she won't ever argue with me (apparently she's scared to :o woops!). I just want her to grow a ****ing backbone and speak to me about it, so I can tell her how wrong she is and get on with my life!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't answer my texts until hours later or when I confront them about not answering texts, they they claim they never received my text or they say they did text back when I know they didn't.

:eek: It's not just me who gets that then
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine who constantly moans that he's skint and can't afford to get his friends a gift or a card at Christmas or birthdays ALWAYS seems to find the money to go to LA at least once a year for a minimum of two weeks to stay with friends. Fair enough......but then he comes back and bitches and whines that he's gonna struggle to get stuff for his family at Christmas, that his car payments are due, credit card bills etc.

He doesn't moan to me anymore about it though after I threatened to smack the sh*t out of him if he complained about it again. He is the most self centered, inconsiderate spoilt person I've ever met.........but he's one of my best friends and I love him to bits. The big queen!!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    For some reason, all my friends apart from one can't make plans properly.

They suggest we should go out, but then never follow it through with meeting place, times etc. It drives me absolutely mad, I have to know what I'm doing so I can plan my day :o so I hate getting texts/ called about an hour before said thing happens then telling me the time/place etc. The only way this doesn't happen is when I plan everything :rolleyes:
    MonkeyBum wrote: »

One of my friends cannot do anythign without her boyfriend. It drives the rest of us mad, because sometimes we want a girly night, or something. I remember for my birthday I only wanted close friends to come, and my friend kept trying to get him invited!!! I rarely speak to him!!! God it frustrates me so much.

I have a friend like that, and it annoys us all too! We had all planned a girly night out for Fright Night, and she thought it was ok to invite her bf along :rolleyes: She does it all the time, and we've spoken to her about it, but she still does it, it's like they're joined at the hip or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends not replying to txts. EURGHHHHHH.
    Admittedly I sometimes don't, but when it's a best friend you sort of expect them to, especially when you ask a question!
    I hate it when friends get offended over little things. Surely the whole point of being good friends is that you're truthful, would you prefer it if I lied to your face?

I also hate it when the same girl gets all pissy when other people back me up. She thinks she is right constantly, but she won't ever argue with me (apparently she's scared to :o woops!). I just want her to grow a ****ing backbone and speak to me about it, so I can tell her how wrong she is and get on with my life!

One of my friends is always with her bf......and has been the same with every man I have ever seen her go out with!

When I had my had my hen night, she even brought him along!!!! I was so annoyed, then my other mates decided to treat him as a male stripper....she never brought him on a girls night out again!
  • Options
    big moliobig molio Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Sleep with my wife
  • Options
    SarcasticMrFoxSarcasticMrFox Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - there are lots of text message issues here. I feel the opposite from most of you. What really annoys me about one friend is that she will text around 8 times a day (usually a load of crap like 'I am in the bath and am going to have an early night') and gets really arsey if you haven't replied within 15 minutes. Firstly, I don't care if you are in the bath, sitting on the bus or watching tv and, secondly, I don't want to waste all my mobile credit on utterly pointless text conversations. She also uses those read notification things so she knows exactly how long after you read the message you replied. I've started leaving some of them on my phone for days before even opening them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have friends who are bad conservationists. That's not to say that they're rubbish at making conversation, they're just rubbish at making it relevant to the person they're talking to. One of them will persistently talk about everyone she knows at uni, down to completely mediocre and uninteresting details ("you see, Ben does this")... I don't know and I don't care who Ben is...

Interrupters annoy me too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, all my friends apart from one can't make plans properly.

They suggest we should go out, but then never follow it through with meeting place, times etc. It drives me absolutely mad, I have to know what I'm doing so I can plan my day :o so I hate getting texts/ called about an hour before said thing happens then telling me the time/place etc. The only way this doesn't happen is when I plan everything :rolleyes:

I have a friend like that, and it annoys us all too! We had all planned a girly night out for Fright Night, and she thought it was ok to invite her bf along :rolleyes: She does it all the time, and we've spoken to her about it, but she still does it, it's like they're joined at the hip or something.

Totally agree with the first one, but I am awful at planning! I live really far from most of my friends, and so normally ineed to get a lift there, so I always ask them to try and plan in advance, yet they never do!!!

And yes she does that to us too!!! I hope she doesn't read this because she will totally recognise herself but she was going down South with her boyfriend for new years. We were all in the same message on facebook trying to decide what to do for it, and she kept moaning about it telling us to make a new thread cos it was upsetting her that she couldn't come!!!

I told her that she made the choice to go down there and that someone else in the thread couldn't come out that night but he didn't have a choice but you didn't see him pissing and moaning about it :rolleyes:

I was also in another thread on facebook with her with a different group of friends who also started discussing what was happening on new years (and this thread had been going on since before we all went off to uni so we could keep each other updated!) And she commented on it going: "Oh cos I can't come I'm going to delete this thread :("
    Trying to get sympathy!!!:sleep: We all ignored her. HA.

Sorry :o I just had to get it out, it just frustrated me so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the first one, but I am awful at planning! I live really far from most of my friends, and so normally ineed to get a lift there, so I always ask them to try and plan in advance, yet they never do!!!

And yes she does that to us too!!! I hope she doesn't read this because she will totally recognise herself but she was going down South with her boyfriend for new years. We were all in the same message on facebook trying to decide what to do for it, and she kept moaning about it telling us to make a new thread cos it was upsetting her that she couldn't come!!!

I told her that she made the choice to go down there and that someone else in the thread couldn't come out that night but he didn't have a choice but you didn't see him pissing and moaning about it :rolleyes:

I was also in another thread on facebook with her with a different group of friends who also started discussing what was happening on new years (and this thread had been going on since before we all went off to uni so we could keep each other updated!) And she commented on it going: "Oh cos I can't come I'm going to delete this thread :("

Venting is good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be annoyed by people who don't reply to texts. I must piss my friends off then :o Fair enough if they're asking a question, but I can rarely be bothered texting back and forth about nothing. I hardly ever reply to emails from friends/family either. Sorry, I find it really tedious, I'd rather talk over the phone/in person.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit.. I'm one of those people that receives a text, thinks "I'll reply later on".. and then forgets.. :o
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boyfriend's friends come up pretty much every night at about half 9 and still until after midnight.

They moan if I'm watching something, and if I don't turn it over, they talk all the way through it.

My friend in college lies about everything. And if something has happened to you, its happened to her worse and probably twice. She's also talking about a different bloke every day, saying she loves him etc. We just ignore it now.
  • Options
    Sock CookerSock Cooker Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Oh, just thought of another...

...The same friends bringing take-away to our house (late at night) and using our plates to eat it off, then we have to wash them after they've left. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, just thought of another...

...The same friends bringing take-away to our house (late at night) and using our plates to eat it off, then we have to wash them after they've left. :eek:

You've reminded me of another...

A friend comes over with his girlfriend, who I don't like anyway, and she leaves rubbish all over the house!
    Puts her feet up on the furniture while wearing shoes, and one time she put my boyfriends jacket on the dog's bed because it was on the chair she wanted to sit on!

Cow :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You've reminded me of another...

A friend comes over with his girlfriend, who I don't like anyway, and she leaves rubbish all over the house!
    Puts her feet up on the furniture while wearing shoes, and one time she put my boyfriends jacket on the dog's bed because it was on the chair she wanted to sit on!

Cow :mad:

I lock the door at 9pm now and turn all the lights off :o

Horrible i know, but its our time and we don't want your brat spoiling it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member

Don't worry, let it all out! :D

I have another friend that does things like that- moan about things that she can't do, even though she's chosen not to do them. The latest thing we're all going away in the Summer on a drinking, clubbing type holiday. We have been talking about this for years, but now she's decided she wants to go on a cultural type holiday where we visit museums and art galleries. No one else wants to go on that holiday, so she's decided she won't come with us because she thinks it will be tacky and chavvy (which it might be, but we don't care). We've all tried to convince her to come but she won't and because she's often with us when we discuss it, it's apparently rude that we do, and it upsets her, even though she can come, she just doesn't want to!!

It's so frustrating, although I'm a bitch and I just ignore her when she stars whingeing now :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lock the door at 9pm now and turn all the lights off :o

Horrible i know, but its our time and we don't want your brat spoiling it :D

I've tried suggesting that but my boyfriend thinks its rude.
    Never mind me though eh :D

Why is their 2 year old being dragged around the place so late anyway?!
  • Options
    h_h_horatioh_h_horatio Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    My friend Colin wipes his bogies on my couch. He thinks I don't know he does it but Ive carefully collected them all in a matchbox, and i aim to presnt them to him nicely giftwrapped for his birthday tomorrow :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I don't like it when friends come over and smoke **** in the house.

Rollies I don't mind, but **** stink and make everything else stink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend Colin wipes his bogies on my couch. He thinks I don't know he does it but Ive carefully collected them all in a matchbox, and i aim to presnt them to him nicely giftwrapped for his birthday tomorrow :p

Thats eww :(

Sounds like a good plan though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've tried suggesting that but my boyfriend thinks its rude.
    Never mind me though eh :D

Why is their 2 year old being dragged around the place so late anyway?!

I've no idea Zoe, they just seem to think its socially acceptable thing to do. I personally wouldn't dream of doing such a thing.

I've dropped hints like saying "shouldn't she be in bed" or "she sounds tired" when she starts crying but thet don't seem to click on.

Maybe next time i should just say "Take your f*cking kid home and get her in bed where she should be"

I think they might take the funnies if i was to say that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, let it all out! :D

I have another friend that does things like that- moan about things that she can't do, even though she's chosen not to do them. The latest thing we're all going away in the Summer on a drinking, clubbing type holiday. We have been talking about this for years, but now she's decided she wants to go on a cultural type holiday where we visit museums and art galleries. No one else wants to go on that holiday, so she's decided she won't come with us because she thinks it will be tacky and chavvy (which it might be, but we don't care). We've all tried to convince her to come but she won't and because she's often with us when we discuss it, it's apparently rude that we do, and it upsets her, even though she can come, she just doesn't want to!!

It's so frustrating, although I'm a bitch and I just ignore her when she stars whingeing now :o

Ohmygod. We went on a clubbing holiday last year and the same friend that I've been going on about chose not to come!!! And she kept coming up with random excuses too! Like she started off with I don't have the money, then progressed onto My mum won't let me cos we'll all get raped, and THEN it was I'm scared of planes, and THEN it was, well the place you're going to is full of gay people anyway so I'm glad I'm not coming.

And then it was Well you guys didn't call me when you were booking it so it's all your fault that I couldn't come.

ARGH :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I must seem like a total bitch right now, but I don't care. At least someone can sort of understand where I'm coming from. :D
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f*ck my sister while im getting beaten up.

fact.

gotta love mates eh? :D