Options

The Sony Repair Centre

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm thinking my PS3's gonna need repaired (constant loss of sound and the machine freezes up). Does anyone have any experiences with them and what the service is like?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking my PS3's gonna need repaired (constant loss of sound and the machine freezes up). Does anyone have any experiences with them and what the service is like?

They will send you a replacement unit will be new if its 40gig or a refurb if its a 60gig

Call them explain your problems, they will ask for your serial number etc.

As its friday i doubt you'd get a new one before mon or tues now...they aim to give you a replacement within 48 hours.

Sony Customer support 08705 99 88 77

If its a 40gig, and still under store warrenty why not just take it back to the shop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually got in one of those free w/ mobile phone deals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah, give sony call then, they are very helpful!
    be sure to let us know what happenes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will do. I already contacted them a couple of weeks ago, purely about the sound thing, and got a reference number so i'll give them a ring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Ive been dealing with sony this week for a 60gb exchange, it was supposed to be delivered tuesday but they cocked up the delivery with parceline.. i waited in all day and it didnt turn up. They put the blame on parceline but i got a feeling they palmed me off due to a shortage of 60gb ps3's. Anyway new delivery date of today so just waiting in for it, i rang sony at 9 this morning and its out for delivery and they gave me a consignment number,. I'll report back when it gets delivered..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, my PS3 has started freezing a bit too, got it in december but didn't take any protection out on it, is it worth calling Sony?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was maybe just faulty demos because that was the only problem. I could play Blu-Ray and games fine, but the demos had no sound. I would go back into the demos and the sound would come back on. There was 2 or 3 freezes and I thought it was just The Orange Box. It doesn't happen alot but enough to query it. I was playing COD4 online last night and the whole system froze.

For the record my PS3 is a 40 gig model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm, my PS3 has started freezing a bit too, got it in december but didn't take any protection out on it, is it worth calling Sony?

how often is it?
  • Options
    Dragons_HeartbeatDragons_Heartbeat Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My PS3 has loads of glitches around the Remote Play Feature it connects for so long then certain errors turn up then it just disconnects the PSP and freezes up then.
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member

comes with a 12 month guarentee so you should be able to get what ever is wrong sorted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keck wrote: »
    how often is it?

it has done it maybe 6or 7 times with 3 different games (fifa08, uncharted, cod4) but 4 of those have been in the last week and a half.
    andybno1 wrote: »
    comes with a 12 month guarentee so you should be able to get what ever is wrong sorted

Good to know about the guarantee:cool:
    All my documents are with the box in the loft.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of those unlucky b***ards who had a christmas present PS3 die on boxing day. After cursing and sulking for a few hours, and not being too happy about the store's offer of "send it back and we'll have a look", I called Sony. Result; brand new 60Gb 2 working days later.

Sony support is excellent. To me, that's worth a good proportion of the, admittedly high, price of the machine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Just had the *refurb* ps3 delivered...looks all shiney and new to me, its all up and running..very impressed, cheers sony..

With the old one, the problems started when playing call of duty 4, the picture just froze with blocky colors and wierd matrix style lines running thru the picture. I had the ps3 last october, so about 6 months, i still had the receipt but all sony asked for was the date of purchase, to be honest they were quite helpful over the phone trying a few things to try and reset it. but that didnt work and they arranged an exchange....like i said earlir it was supposed to be tuesday, i'll forgive them that cock up as its all been sorted within 7 days and the one delivered looks as new, happy days!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, i suppose the refurb, refers to the internal parts, the shell wouldn't cost much for them to put a nice shiny new one on.

Out of intrest, my missus was nearly crying the other week cos the lab she works at got a ps3 sent through for testing..... they had to smash it up into little bits :eek: then test all the chips and plastics etc to see what was affected by different substances:mad:

What a waste.

I'll definately give em a call if the fsod error persists then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I phoned them and explained the problem. I had only done a quick format of the system, so the guy on the phone said I should do a full system reformat so I did this and it takes about 2hrs 30mins. The guy was really nice and said if I had any problems again, give them a call and they'll replace my system.

I'll give it a couple of days and see how it gets on and if there's still problems, I'll get back on to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's come back. My system is locking up all the damn time and with GTA IV coming up, I don't wanna risk it. Phoned them this morning and they'll be out on Wednesday with a new/refurb (I don't know what you get for a 40gb these days).
  • Options
    CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Well it's come back. My system is locking up all the damn time and with GTA IV coming up, I don't wanna risk it. Phoned them this morning and they'll be out on Wednesday with a new/refurb (I don't know what you get for a 40gb these days).

Mine looked brand new (could see no dust in the vents/fans, no marks etc) so was really unhappy.
    Unlike when I got a refurbished Xbox 360 a couple of months ago to replace my elite of about 4 months old that got the RROD, which had dust in the vents, dust on the fans, a couple of marks down the sides and some sticky stuff on the front of the disc tray as though a sticker was on it.
    Wasn't impressed to say the least - then again, it is Microsoft! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True. i've heard the systems are near enough brand new, if not brand new themselves. Either way, it'll look good. I've heard Sony's customer service is rather quite good.
  • Options
    CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    True. i've heard the systems are near enough brand new, if not brand new themselves. Either way, it'll look good. I've heard Sony's customer service is rather quite good.

It's amazing. I have nothing but great things to say about them. I was even having a laugh and a joke with the girl from customer service. Plus they are english!!!

Can't fault them at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amazing. I have nothing but great things to say about them. I was even having a laugh and a joke with the girl from customer service. Plus they are english!!!

Can't fault them at all.

Good stuff. I'd hate to think what would happen if I had to get my 360 replaced.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've called them up a few times and I don't have 1 bad thing to say about them. They understand you first time, and don't mess about.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had to use Sony CS yet but if I do I will not be worried at all as of everything I've read about them is great unlike a certain other console manufacturer
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [YRA]RYPW wrote: »
    I've never had to use Sony CS yet but if I do I will not be worried at all as of everything I've read about them is great unlike a certain other console manufacturer

Yeah, its good that at least they have that part right. I might have to use them soon if my frustration keeps up as I am liable to smash this PS3 up. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Galvinho??

Glav mate,

My PS3 sound has gone well weird.. kinda sounds like i'm def sometimes...

Is me PS3 going?? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I had my ps3 replaced today and it looks like a brand new console.