Super Mario Kart on VC from 2/4/2010

tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
Forum Member
Yey! Finally - Super Mario Kart is going to be released on Virtual Console this Friday.

Comments

• biddenden_suebiddenden_sue Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    For a mere 800 points as well - a truly wonderful Easter pressie from Nintendo. :cool:

We've just been chatting about it in the VC Wishes thread. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    If this is true then I'm over the moon brian. Even though I'm on holiday then. Nice present to come home to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they doing anything special with this? Or will it literally be a straight port of the SNES title?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Are they doing anything special with this? Or will it literally be a straight port of the SNES title?

Im sure its a straight port. It was released in 2009 in Japan and North America and nothing special was added it then so its hardly likely they will do any special just for us.
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to get SNES Super Mario Kart on my Wii but how do you buy Wii points?
    Forum Member
    TV King wrote: »
    I would like to get SNES Super Mario Kart on my Wii but how do you buy Wii points?

Tesco, Asda, Game, Gamestation, HMV etc.
    Or Credit card via Wii Shop Channel.
  • biddenden_suebiddenden_sue Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    It's cheaper via the Wii Shop Channel. ;)
  • tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Or free with Nintendo Club stars :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good morning

smk was on at midnite, ive downloaded it and it is full screen as well:)
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot this came out today went to go and buy it and to my horror im 100 Wii points short, my son decided to spend 800 points on a game and didnt tell me!!! :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I have got it too.
    What I don't get is that when IGN reviewed the VC version back in November 2009 they said it was constantly split screen.
    See link:
    http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/104/1048838p2.html
    They go on about it on the 3rd paragraph down.

From memory though wasn't the snes version split screen even in 1 player mode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I have got it too.
    What I don't get is that when IGN reviewed the VC version back in November 2009 they said it was constantly split screen.
    See link:

Forum Member
    I have got it too.
    See link:

Yes it was which is what that 3rd paragraph does say. It was just pointing it out for those that cannot recall/remember the original or 1st time buy which may put some off from purchase.
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tompayne wrote: »
    Or free with Nintendo Club stars :D

I did that as i got Super Mario Bros Wii and it came with points and i now have enough stars to get 100 wii points just saved myself some money and got a classic!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been playing smk and smw all day with the kids, its like 1992 all over again
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I missed this!

Just got an email through about it. Downloading tomorrow!

Been holding off spending some points waiting for this. :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Has this game actually been given the 60hz treatment or is it still bordered up 50hz mode ahoy?