Options

I MISS MATTHEW,and the other axed dancers

samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I miss Matthew and the other axed dancers sooooo much. What were the BBC thinking? I suppose it is a pathetic attempt to "sex up" the show. They have failed. I haven't taken to the new dancers and feel very sorry for Darren and Ian being relegated to "the dance troupe". If I were them I would have told the BBC to stuff it. It is nothing short of demotion and I would imagine quite humiliating for the dancers concerned.

If we watch the show we are now saddled with watching newbies with about as much charisma as an ear infection and also have to put up with the appalling Alesha Dixshun and the over-the-top Bruno.. Probably on the orders of the BBC Bruno is the new Mr. Nasty.

I used to love this show but the Director has gone too far with the axing of some of my favourite dancers. It has left a rather nasty taste in the mouith.

Bring back Matthew, Ian, Lilia and Darren and give them celebrity partners. Such a shame - it is wrong - badly done BBC, badly done indeed.

Comments

• Options
    Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. I interviewed Brian and he was lovely, along with Karen Hardy who just knows everything there is to know ! They are all over on Ballet NEWS if you are interested... and maybe you can get your fix that way ??!
  • Options
    Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the part about missing some of the pro dancers. The 'dance troupe' with the familiar pro's was quite saddening for me to watch really. One can only hope they will be put to better use later in the series. There's got to be more they can use this dance troupe for than the token weekly dance.

It seemed quite a daft move from the BBC as a lot of the pro dancers had their own followings, though I doubt it's hurt the ratings much. I guess it's all part of the 'beat X factory' mentality over at the BBC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely miss Ian and Matthew. I always liked their choreography and relationships with their partners.
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss them all too I can't warm to the new guys either esp Jared. I miss Lilya also. Boo hiss boo BBC!!!
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I miss Karen, Ian, Matthew, Lilia and Darren ! Why have they been removed, then ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I miss them all too I can't warm to the new guys either esp Jared. I miss Lilya also. Boo hiss boo BBC!!!

Here, here. I particularly miss the Fabulous Fortuna :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    SuiradSuirad Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really miss Matthew:(,but it's not the same without Ian,Darren,Lilia and Brian either,and they were all so much better than what we have now.

Ellie
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss some of the pro dancers but understand that things move on. To keep SCD fresh, changes must be made. Can't understand why Bruce Forsyzimmerframe-Geriatric-Incontenancepads is still there? May he could be replaced with Mathew and Ian on a bi-weekly rota?
  • Options
    PasoHardlyPasoHardly Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Well, it's an opinion not shared by everyone.

Not taking away from the fact they were all great dancers, there was no mystery left with those pro's, particularly Lilia, Darren and Matthew.

Artem has proved he can bring wonderful choreography to the show. Robin's growing on me, his Quickstep tonight was very different and something we hadn't seen before (the line dancing section). Jared, fair enough. His choreography is weak and has yet to bowl me over.

I'm not saying the show isn't different without them, but it's certainly not less of a show now they're gone. It's been rejuvenated.

Personally, I'd love to see what Hazel Newbury could bring to the table again. That's not going to happen unfortunately.

So, just a reminder that while everyone is entitled to their opinion - it's not shared by all and it shouldn't be brought across as fact as opposed to an opinion.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd expected to miss Ian and Matt, so I was quite surprised by Week 2 to realise that I hadn't missed them at all :eek:
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suirad wrote: »
    I really miss Matthew:(,but it's not the same without Ian,Darren,Lilia and Brian either,and they were all so much better than what we have now.

Ellie

I completely agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really miss Lilia. I know it's been refreshing to have changes but I just can't warm to the new professionals (yet).
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PasoHardly wrote: »

So, just a reminder that while everyone is entitled to their opinion - it's not shared by all and it shouldn't be brought across as fact as opposed to an opinion.
    I don't think people are expressing it as a fact on the whole. This thread is full of 'I think' and 'I miss' as opposed to (for example) 'this show is rubbish now the best pro dancers are gone'.

I know what you mean though- it's annoying when people express their opinions as though everyone must share them. Although it's also annoying to have to pepper all your posts with 'in my opinion'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really miss Lilia. I know it's been refreshing to have changes but I just can't warm to the new professionals (yet).
    I really miss Lilia. I'm really warming to Natalie, but for me none of the other pros on the show can touch Lilia's choreography, teaching and performing skills.

*In my opinion, of course!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I :( Especially Matthew. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    I really miss Lilia. I'm really warming to Natalie, but for me none of the other pros on the show can touch Lilia's choreography, teaching and performing skills.

*In my opinion, of course!

Completely agree. Although I'd include Darren in that too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-cherry-x wrote: »
    Completely agree. Although I'd include Darren in that too.
    So would I... oops :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! I particularly miss Ian, Matthew, Darren and Lilia. The only new pro I really like is Artem.

I am loving Natalie, still not convinced by Aliona or Katya.

And I refuse to finish with IMO, I thought every post was just an opinion and should not be taken as anything else. :confused:
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not even just the fact of missing miss some of the old favourites; it's that I am not interested enough to be bothered about the new ones. I am not sufficiently taken with them, I suppose. Same with the celebrities. For me, it has passed its peak and doesn't have the same pull. I can't even get excited about seeing Brendan,an old favourite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Got to admit I am a Brendan fan but the show is not the same without Matthew some really nice qualities about him that the new pro dancers just do not have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I miss all the old pro dancers as well, I am hoping that they get rid of Moira Ross and bring them back. Then we can actually see some quality pro choreography instead of the dumbed down version of DWTS we are being served up this year. I blame the new producer for the awful format this year. Matthew and Lilia definitely made the best decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit of a mixed bag for me.

On the whole the show felt very tired last year, and having new dancers has livened it up. However some i miss, some i dont.

Karen Hardy should have been a judge, she knew soo much about dance and choreography. As a dancer and choreographer i think Natalie kind of repleaced her, and stop there being a void.

Matt Cutler is a loss to the show. He never was a big personality to start with like the others were (so you felt there was more to learn about him and his choreography), and he was just coming in to his own when he was ditched. I think his and Karen Hardys success also gave some authority to the show.

Darren - Was never a big fan of him, so i dont think he is a loss to the show to be honest.

Ian - I think as a character he kind of peaked, there was nothing more to learn about him and his choreography, and i think it was time for him to go.

Lilia - Im on the fence about, but again i think she was a big personality like Ian, and im not sure there was that much to learn about her and her choreography that we hadnt already seen.

Brian - I think there was alot more to be seen from him, but i dont think you could have had Jared and Brian (Though i would have preferred Brian).

As for the replacements....

Artem - Has shown he can do some good choreography, and for the ladies im sure he brings some sex appeal.

Robin - He seems a really good character, and i think he will surprise us one week with his choreography.

Jared - Why is he here?

As for the girls (i just got bored after the first episode last year so didnt watch it, so im seeing them for the first time)

Natalie - Think she is doing some great choreography, and is really pushing her partner, but not too much that he looks out of his depth.

Aliona - Not sure, the basic dances she does seem good, but they seem to just have that one bit that you think "wth?". Also think she pushed Matt a bit too much this week.

Katya - not sure, with someone like Gavin its hard to tell what kind of teacher and choreographer she is.

The one i would like to see back would be Paul Killick.
  • Options
    SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    ^^^
    Agree with almost everything WLB.

Not a Karen fan, but I would love her as a judge!

Don't miss Darren or Ian, but Matthew is such a loss for the reasons you mention!

Personally I was a huge Lilia fan, so I do miss her a lot. I thought she was one the best dancers if not the best, and I liked her choreographies.

Brian I would have liked to see more of. Jared is totally bland for me.