The Last Leg with Adam Mills

Comments

• the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy. It was used in C4's Paralympic coverage. :)

Thanks!
  • gkecgkec Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suggest you seek medical consultation for your attention deficit disorder if you can't read a few sentences that make up 5 lines of writing. Your problems are not mine to deal with so please don't cast aspersions on me simply because you cannot read much or write properly. Your lack of skills and education are not something I am responsible for but something you should seek to resolve via investment in yourself to expand your abilities beyond your limitations.

Your counting ability is poor. It is 8 lines of text not 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    This is the only show that is consistently brilliant!
    Every single week it delivers the goods with perfect timing, and even JR was good so how amazing is that.:D

As for Alex Brooker, phwoor is all I can say.:o:D
    Doncha just want to?:p

I think this show is brilliant, very funny and the three presenters clearly bond well together.

Also agree that JR was a good guest, as a JR fan I think Channel 4 is his natural home. I wish he could go back to doing his show there and he would be back to his absolute best! I can't watch his Itv rubbishy show even though I am a fan!
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkec wrote: »
    Your counting ability is poor. It is 8 lines of text not 5.

Eh? Post #142 had 5 lines of text unless it depends what kind of computer or phone you're viewing it on. Only just 5 as well - 4 full lines but the word 'tastes' was on its own line.

Anyway I don't know what the other guy is complaining about. That post by Declan_Khan wasn't remotely difficult to understand. It was in basic English. :confused:
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can we get adama hills name right its hills not mills any chance of editing the thread title and any other mention of mills we can find please and yes the show is genius and extremely funny
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    This thread seems to be suffering from what Adam might call 'dicks' maybe they should take Adam's advice to Joan Rivers?
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by Jonathan Ross' political views. Very impressive. Spoke a lot of sense.

It really doesn't work as a half an hour show though (which we knew as soon as it was extended) so it's a shame it's been cut back again to accommodate Chatty Man.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackk wrote: »
    It really doesn't work as a half an hour show though (which we knew as soon as it was extended) so it's a shame it's been cut back again to accommodate Chatty Man.

Agreed.

Curtail quality in order to show crap.

This programme is so good even the talent free zone that is Woss couldn't ruin it.

Loved the "The Only Way Is Melbourne" line:D

In addition to "Is It OK?" they should make "You're a Dick!!!!!" a regular feature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    Agreed.

Curtail quality in order to show crap.

This programme is so good even the talent free zone that is Woss couldn't ruin it.

Loved the "The Only Way Is Melbourne" line:D

In addition to "Is It OK?" they should make "You're a Dick!!!!!" a regular feature.

Love this show, last night was so funny.

Have got tickets to see Adam's show at the Hammersmith Apollo in September
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant show last night as usual, this and 8/10 are the only shows which make me howl with laughter each and every week, just love it.

Adams rant was fantastic last night, agreed with everything he said
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Meanaunty wrote: »
    I think this show is brilliant, very funny and the three presenters clearly bond well together.

Also agree that JR was a good guest, as a JR fan I think Channel 4 is his natural home. I wish he could go back to doing his show there and he would be back to his absolute best! I can't watch his Itv rubbishy show even though I am a fan!
    I thought he was a good guest. He usually is, even though he isn't a guest often on programmes.

I would agree that he could have a good chat show on C4. I think Chatty Man is coming to the end of it's run.
    I just hope that if he or anyone else did get a new chat show on C4 that they wouldn't fill it with reality and talent z lebs like they do with Chatty Man.
    Forum Member
    TORPIDO 1 wrote: »
    can we get adama hills name right its hills not mills any chance of editing the thread title and any other mention of mills we can find please and yes the show is genius and extremely funny
    I sent two messages to the mods about it. Doesn't seem like they took any notice.
    Forum Member
    This thread seems to be suffering from what Adam might call 'dicks' maybe they should take Adam's advice to Joan Rivers?
    I haven't agreed with his 'dicks' stances.
    The first was over pics of Kate. Who gives a flying ****? He went OTT on that thinking like we all care about it.

Then last night his response to an old lady calling a fat girl fat was to call her old and ugly.
    Erm...isn't that him being a dick?
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I haven't agreed with his 'dicks' stances.
    The first was over pics of Kate. Who gives a flying ****? He went OTT on that thinking like we all care about it.

Then last night his response to an old lady calling a fat girl fat was to call her old and ugly.
    Erm...isn't that him being a dick?

i think you missed the point.
    Forum Member
    i think you missed the point.
    I didn't, I got it, just don't like the segment.
    I don't care about Adele, don't care if she's fat, don't care if Joan Rivers take the piss out of her on US telly. Don't care about Kate. Don't care if she's pregnant. Don't care if she's been papped on a private island.
    I think that if he's having a rant to get elected then there's plenty of other targets who he could call dicks.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I don't care about Adele, don't care if she's fat, don't care if Joan Rivers take the piss out of her on US telly. Don't care about Kate. Don't care if she's pregnant. Don't care if she's been papped on a private island.
    I think that if he's having a rant to get elected then there's plenty of other targets who he could call dicks.

You still seem to be missing the point.
    I don't think there's anything to be gained going over this myself.
    Forum Member
    Happy to be enlightened :)
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it OK.... for The Last Leg to get another series? :D:D
    Forum Member
    will2510 wrote: »
    Is it OK.... for The Last Leg to get another series? :D:D
    Surely it must be nailed on for one. Not seen the ratings but not heard anything negative about it.
    I do hope they get the scheduling right next time. Friday live is perfect but they need to give it the respect it deserves and give it 40/50 minutes every week.
    I actually thought Chatty Man was better on a Sunday night.
    8Oo10C was better on Friday at 10pm and The Last Leg was vastly improved by being extended.

8Oo10C is also better as a longer show but I get that they have the Uncut version the next week so probably not as big as an issue.

A good Friday for me would be 8Oo10C 45mins followed by The Last Leg 45mins.

garyessex wrote: »
    2100 8/10 Cats
    2140 Last Leg
    2220 Chatty Man

would be decent
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its not exactly hard hitting but he's just critisicising the media, it's something that cant be done enough. Simple.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show and me and the other half howl to this every Friday!

Was pretty miffed that its been shortened to make way for Chatty Man and Paddys TV guide which are both awful shows.

EDIT: 30 mins is no where near enough for this genius of a show. A second series must be a dead cert.

I was dreading JR coming on but he made for a great guest. I think so far though, Rafe Spall has been the best guest!
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half an hour is not enough at all.

Adam's rant about Joan Rivers fell flat though although the audience lapped it up (at the obviously punctuated points).

That is Joan Rivers's job - get over it; stop trying to get a cheap laugh out of it. SHE makes fun of her own plastic surgery - get over it.

Adele as a role model is questionable, but good on Adam for sucking up to the UK press's opinion on her; that she can do nothing wrong and should probably be a Saint soon. Ingratiation anyone? (I've been a fan of Adam for years but this was the first time I felt embarrassed for him).
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hills is doing a dvd taping at Hammersmith Apollo on 22nd September.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    will2510 wrote: »
    Is it OK.... for The Last Leg to get another longer series, with all the episodes being at least 50 minutes and not just half an hour? :D:D

I hope you don't mind, but I fixed your post for you :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply love this show, it is a must watch for me!

I love the banter between the three of them, it is just as good as their Paralympic shows.

So many laughs in each show. :D:D:D:D