Comments

• Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way can this be true. Although good for Xbox fans, If Microsoft have proved anything over the past couple of weeks its that they truly believe there stance on DRM and always online is a good thing...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    DRM not an issue for me, but it could sway some of the gamers choice as it is the most complained about issue with the X1.

Personally can not see it happening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S*** sticks, as they say.

Too late to change now.

I can see them tweaking sharing with friends, but the 24 hour thing is kind of a necessity to some of the things they're doing with library sharing - it would open it up to massive abuse without it.
  • TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    If this happens, wow. Just, wow.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CVG now reporting it too. Still a rumour, but this adds more credence to it.

https://twitter.com/CVG_News/status/347445560225189888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    CVG now reporting it too. Still a rumour, but this adds more credence to it.

https://twitter.com/CVG_News/status/347445560225189888
    Not really. It just means CVG read the same website you did.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I still wouldn't buy one. MS have shown themselves to be proper ****s the past couple of weeks with their arrogance and attitude.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    If this happens I would buy one over the PS4, the exclusives (comparing to the launch ) interest me more.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this cannot be true, the whole infrastructure of the console is based around these policies, how can they allow people to install the full game on the console to play without disc without the always online policy, would be too easy for the hackers to exploit...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Q&A page with the policies now says some info is out of date.

Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate
    Forum Member
    this cannot be true, the whole infrastructure of the console is based around these policies, how can they allow people to install the full game on the console to play without disc without the always online policy, would be too easy for the hackers to exploit...

Disc authentication would work perfectly fine, basically just like the 360 does.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    They've put up a new Q&A.

But there is literally no changes to policies. Just clarification.
    Forum Member
    Apparently it's been confirmed :)

Edit new policy up but still implies internet connection needed... :confused:

Now the sites dead
    Forum Member
    Turns out i was wrong.

They haven't updated it yet so it's still up in the air.
    Forum Member
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

News to be updated here^
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An awful lot of fanboys must be saddened when they read that. They defend the new policies to the death only for Microsoft to do a 180. Funny though.

Its still a no go for me unless Kinect is dropped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The infinite power of the cloud but the website is still crashing!
    Forum Member
    You know what's ironic is that this news and sudden influx onto the Microsoft website has caused the servers to crash.

And people thought always online was a good thing... ;)
    Forum Member
    An awful lot of fanboys must be saddened when they read that. They defend the new policies to the death only for Microsoft to do a 180. Funny though.

http://abload.de/img/1805oj1u.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can think of a few people on here i'd want to hear from if the changes are true
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I still wouldn't buy one. MS have shown themselves to be proper ****s the past couple of weeks with their arrogance and attitude.

This is exactly my take on it.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Personally I'd be gutted if they get rid of the game sharing feature because of this.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Personally I'd be gutted if they get rid of the game sharing feature because of this.

You mean the game sharing feature we know nothing about and will be region locked....
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    If its true, then, i might jump back over to Xbox.

The games alone make up for the extra £80.

Glad i kept both my pre orders now :)

It seems consumers still have a voice, and finally Microsoft are now taking note!

BUT, will wait for this to be confirmed first.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

Could always switch brands if you are unhappy.