BT Sport Is Virgin Media Getting It?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Unless it's involved in some sort of offer with TV XL, I won't be too bothered if VM doesn't get it. We already pay enough for Sky Sports, so paying another £12 or £15 on top of that wouldn't interest me. And neither would switching to BT Broadband. VM's fibre is flawless, and I wouldn't want to chance moving to an inferior service.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    safc43 wrote: »
    nonsense VM got lots of HD channels how many bt got and how many sky sports channels got 2 out of 6 VM got all 6 with main 2 in HD VM got fastest BB speeds in uk no VM customer would lose sky sports 116 games in HD not on BT to move to bt for just 38 games and bt cant compete on tv channels with VM as VM wins everytime

We were talking about the broadband not the tv service, do keep up!:D I wouldn't even try and argue that BT has a superior tv offering to vm. I love my VM tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    We were talking about the broadband not the tv service, do keep up!:D I wouldn't even try and argue that BT has a superior tv offering to vm. I love my VM tv.

and VM BB is far better too :D:D:D
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    safc_1879 wrote: »
    You may be right, time will tell. But my personal opinion is it will be made available at some point.

I agree with this because two news sources have been reporting that negotiations are still ongoing and one of them, Broadcast, is a credible media news source:

BT Sport set to strike Virgin Media carriage deal. Virgin Media is poised to close a deal to carry BT Sport’s three sports channels on its cable TV platform, making them available to a further 4m potential customers.
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/bt-sport-set-to-strike-virgin-media-carriage-deal/5058746.article?blocktitle=Most-popular&contentID=-1

Speaking to ISPreview.co.uk, a spokesperson for Virgin Media said the firm is always looking to bring "the best possible value and choice of great-quality content" to customers. "We're talking to BT about how we could make the forthcoming BT Sport package available," the representative said. "We'll keep you up-to-date with any developments."
    http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2013/07/virgin_media_in_negotiations_over_bt_sport_deal_/

Apparently, one of the sticking points of the negotiations has been whether Virgin will bundle the new channels in with its TV XL premium package, as was previously the case with ESPN, or whether it will charge for them as a separate standalone product. I suspect that some form of arrangement will be reached, hopefully before the start of the next Premiership season although they're cutting it very fine.
    Forum Member

Well we will just have to agree to disagree then. I would much prefer all the bells and whistles if I could get it.
    Forum Member
    I agree with this because two news sources have been reporting that negotiations are still ongoing and one of them, Broadcast, is a credible media news source:

BT Sport set to strike Virgin Media carriage deal. Virgin Media is poised to close a deal to carry BT Sport’s three sports channels on its cable TV platform, making them available to a further 4m potential customers.
    http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/bt-sport-set-to-strike-virgin-media-carriage-deal/5058746.article?blocktitle=Most-popular&contentID=-1

Speaking to ISPreview.co.uk, a spokesperson for Virgin Media said the firm is always looking to bring "the best possible value and choice of great-quality content" to customers. "We're talking to BT about how we could make the forthcoming BT Sport package available," the representative said. "We'll keep you up-to-date with any developments."
    http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2013/07/virgin_media_in_negotiations_over_bt_sport_deal_/

Apparently, one of the sticking points of the negotiations has been whether Virgin will bundle the new channels in with its TV XL premium package, as was previously the case with ESPN, or whether it will charge for them as a separate standalone product. I suspect that some form of arrangement will be reached, hopefully before the start of the next Premiership season although they're cutting it very fine.
    They were also "in talks" to get Sky Atlantic and look what happened their. Just because there is ongoing negotiations doesn't mean we're getting it and I have stated my reason already, plus BT have tweeted it won't be on there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Well we will just have to agree to disagree then. I would much prefer all the bells and whistles if I could get it.

yes nothing wrong with disagreeing mate being happy what service you got that what matters
  • mikey1947mikey1947 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    BT confirms no agreement to put BT Sport on Virgin Media
    Wednesday 31 July 2013 16:02:02 by Andrew Ferguson
    After some speculation on Monday that Virgin Media may have been about to add BT Sport to its cable TV packages, BT has issued a statement that confirms that no wholesale agreement has been reached yet.

"Following the large number of enquiries from Virgin Media customers and press speculation, we can confirm that we have not agreed a wholesale deal for BT Sport with Virgin Media. But we are open to doing it at the right price and talks continue. In the meantime, we have an excellent offer for Virgin customers who move to either BT TV or to satellite."

BT statement on possibility of wholesale access to BT Sport by Virgin Media
    Today is the last day Virgin Media cable customers will have access to ESPN if it was in their package line-up, the question now is whether the right price for BT can be shuffled around to be the right price for Virgin Media.

BT will of course not be worrying too much if when it looks at the numbers of new customers on its Infinity service a good number of them are arriving from Virgin Media. For those BT customers looking to commit to a new 12 month contract or have 12 months or more left to run on their contract and want access to BT Sports on their Sky satellite TV service or BT TV box, today is the last day that you can order BT Sport and get the HD upgrade for free. It is also the last day for the current batch of £40 and £60 Sainsbury vouchers for new signups to BT Broadband and Infinity.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would have to disagree, have had both..Infinity has been far better, from my experience.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    They were also "in talks" to get Sky Atlantic and look what happened their. Just because there is ongoing negotiations doesn't mean we're getting it and I have stated my reason already, plus BT have tweeted it won't be on there.

I trust Broadcast more than some low down minion dumpling who pulls the switches on the twitter feed especially since talks are ongoing.
    Forum Member
    yes nothing wrong with disagreeing mate being happy what service you got that what matters

Agreed dude:D
    Forum Member
    I trust Broadcast more than some low down minion dumpling who pulls the switches on the twitter feed especially since talks are ongoing.

See above BT statement?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I do not understand why so many people are getting so wound up over this shit.

Sky is much better than VM, with Sky you can get all the channels you want and in HD. People saying that they are sticking with VM because of their broadband are deluded. BT's infinity and Sky's broadband is just as good if not better than Virgins broadband.

Why don't people just switch suppliers and put an end to getting made to wait or doing without channels you want.
    Forum Member
    SAXON_GB wrote: »

Sky is much better than VM, with Sky you can get all the channels you want and in HD. People saying that they are sticking with VM because of their broadband are deluded. BT's infinity and Sky's broadband is just as good if not better than Virgins broadband.

Why don't people just switch suppliers and put an end to getting made to wait or doing without channels you want.

Not everyone can get Infinity and not everybody wants a dish and or pay Sky high prices.
  • bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member

Film 4 HD? STV HD? 120MB broadband?
  • MJH1962MJH1962 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm looking forward to watching BT Sports 1 & 2 and ESPN in glorious HD from tomorrow on my Sky Box. All for nothing too.

BT Broadband and TV from Sky offers the best combination, IMO.
    Forum Member
    Not everyone can get Infinity and not everybody wants a dish and or pay Sky high prices.

Have you actually checked how much more expensive Sky is compared to VM, it is not much. You can also not expect to get something you aren't prepared to pay for.
    bamindy wrote: »

Sky Atlantic HD, and every other Sky HD channel that VM don't have.
  • AndyTSJAndyTSJ Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the comments about VM broadband, as a former BT customer it is miles better. But I would hope that, given we have lost ESPN, VM would feel the need to replace it with the BT Sports channels and fill the gap. Otherwise, as a subscriber, this is a significant loss to the overall XL deal.
  • St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not everyone is allowed a Sky dish on their property, some can't switch!!
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    bamindy wrote: »

Film 4 HD is coming to Sky in September.
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Haven't stopped laughing at all the people crying and moaning about VM not having BT Sports on other forums...really amazes me how people can get so het up...hey ho! :-)
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member

So I am deluded now then? Deluded because I can't get sky? Stop Trolling here.

Quite a few of us are happy with our offering for cable, when you see channels being stolen from you because BT are greedy bastar*s. Then yes. Wouldn't you feel the same if we suddenly stole HBO content and stuck it on an exclusive channel named Virgin Drama? would you then get annoyed? probably!

Couldn't agree more, my area doesn't have infinity. and can't get sky due to line of sight.

Virgin suits me well and the idea of it being cable driven is far more reliable than a shitty pigeon sitting on yer dish and causing havoc.
    Forum Member
    St@mmie wrote: »
    Not everyone is allowed a Sky dish on their property, some can't switch!!

I would like to be able to go to bed with Rosie Webster every night!