LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    To be fair (and this is not something I normally subscribe to), I'd regard going on QT as reasonable normal employment for someone like Vicki Pryce. The only qualification is being flavour of the month, and the publicity of the court case would have made her that even if she'd not been in prison. Also, she is an economist, so therefore might have something sensible to contribute (unlike Russell Brand, for example).

She's a convicted liar - anything she says must now be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
    She has zero credibility in my eyes.

Anyone saying "she's served her time" well no, she hasn't. The Rehabilitation of Offenders for her won't kick in until next year as regards a 'spent conviction'.

She is still a convicted liar and perverter of justice, just like her ex husband.

LBC, being that right wing oasis, will go on and on about 'other villains' "getting away with things", well Pryce and her ex husband did get away with what they did, each spending a couple of months at HMP Butlins.

Do LBC say anything? Nope! HYPOCRISY.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    ^^^like^^^

And by continuing to lie she extended the case over many months at great cost to the tax payer, when telling the truth would have brought the matter to a close much earlier. She is crook without conscience, who despite being employed for her infamy now refuses to discuss the very thing that puts her on our radios and TV's.
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying that employers shouldn't give ex-offenders the chance of earning an honest living. And no matter how much you might dislike or disapprove of D McB. he hasn't been convicted of breaking the law.

This post sums up what is wrong with LBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a convicted liar - anything she says must now be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Anyone saying "she's served her time" well no, she hasn't. The Rehabilitation of Offenders for her won't kick in until next year as regards a 'spent conviction'.

She is still a convicted liar and perverter of justice, just like her ex husband.

LBC, being that right wing oasis, will go on and on about 'other villains' "getting away with things", well Pryce and her ex husband did get away with what they did, each spending a couple of months at HMP Butlins.

Absolutely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    LBC does seem to have rather an obsession with disgraced wrong-doers, who also happen to have a certain connection to Iain Dale's other job.

As you say, surely there must be plenty of other people out there who deserve a chance and who haven't blotted their copybooks.

Maybe Andy Hayman can reveal to all us peasants his pearls of wisdom..again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But LBC don't employ Vicki Pryce. As for 'profiting from her infamy', she gave the proceeds of her book about prison to a charity which helps women ex-prisoners to find work. You should check your facts before reaching for the cliché manual.

Brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Ian Collins able to host a conversation with Wolf and a dreadful comedienne but Brian has to start throwing his toys out of his public school pram? Ian Collins is on a different level of conversation.
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Ian Collins able to host a conversation with Wolf and a dreadful comedienne but Brian has to start throwing his toys out of his public school pram? Ian Collins is on a different level of conversation.
    Perhaps because, unlike certain other LBC presenters, he instinctively knows that the conversation could be more important than he is.
  • radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    ^^^like^^^

And by continuing to lie she extended the case over many months at great cost to the tax payer, when telling the truth would have brought the matter to a close much earlier. She is crook without conscience, who despite being employed for her infamy now refuses to discuss the very thing that puts her on our radios and TV's.

Yep and the "friendly" establishment radio lackeys will not pick up on this fact, because she is an expert in "economics". Well put it this way, Harold Shipman was thought to be a good Doctor, but I doubt you would have seen him on Clive Bull's health hour, even if he hadn't killed himself.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Yep and the "friendly" establishment radio lackeys will not pick up on this fact, because she is an expert in "economics". Well put it this way, Harold Shipman was thought to be a good Doctor, but I doubt you would have seen him on Clive Bull's health hour, even if he hadn't killed himself.

Good grief what a leap, from Vicki Pryce to Harold Shipman!

How does Jacqui Smith who was infamous at the time of the expenses scandal, fair in your estimation? She was on LBC for several months.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most enjoyable show from Nick A. that I can remember. I tried to stay awake but didn't make it beyond about 11.30. Did the hilarious calls about Clacton carry on through the whole show? Incidentally, Dad's Army was filmed in Suffolk!

Morning all. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve doesn't seem to realise that recording a TV show doesn't involve tapes or discs! :confused:
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve doesn't seem to realise that recording a TV show doesn't involve tapes or discs! :confused:

I know .. :) I think he just has Freeview? He seemed surprised that when he purchased his last TV "it came with dozens of channels". There is a Freeview Box available which is simple to use but he's not gonna be told is he?

I listened to In Conversation with Tony Blackburn this morning, very good. And stayed on for the following hour with Steve, the longest I have listened for yonks. He repeats himself even more these days and was particularly vindictive to a texter called Judith who dared to say that she had hated Charles Spencer "speech" at Diana's funeral.

And if he has to slag off Ola Jordan it would be nice if he could pronounce her name correctly, it is Ola rhyming with Dollar, not Ola rhyming with Cola. He's right about her husband though:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    I know .. :) I think he just has Freeview? He seemed surprised that when he purchased his last TV "it came with dozens of channels". There is a Freeview Box available which is simple to use but he's not gonna be told is he?

I listened to In Conversation with Tony Blackburn this morning, very good. And stayed on for the following hour with Steve, the longest I have listened for yonks. He repeats himself even more these days and was particularly vindictive to a texter called Judith who dared to say that she had hated Charles Spencer "speech" at Diana's funeral.

I only have a Freeview box but it has a hard drive to store recordings. I think all receivers have now that it's all digital. It's not flippin' difficult. I suppose he can't be bothered to read the manual.
  • jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I old fashioned or what? but I found it disturbing that Steve Allen was defending a public figure who deceived his wife and children by having a gay relationship and going in for a spot of gay 'dogging' as 'no big deal'

I would hate to be one of his children going to school.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    I only have a Freeview box but it has a hard drive to store recordings. I think all receivers have now that it's all digital. It's not flippin' difficult. I suppose he can't be bothered to read the manual.

The upper end priced boxes do have hard drive but the basic ones that you can get from Tesco for twenty quid or so don't
    Not sure about the built in freeview though I think you have to go the wifi route and Iplayer with the smart TV's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    The upper end priced boxes do have hard drive but the basic ones that you can get from Tesco for twenty quid or so don't
    Not sure about the built in freeview though I think you have to go the wifi route and Iplayer with the smart TV's

I can't imagine Steve going downmarket for his audio/visual equipment. It's probably got all the bells and whistles but he can't be bothered to learn how to operate them. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I old fashioned or what? but I found it disturbing that Steve Allen was defending a public figure who deceived his wife and children by having a gay relationship and going in for a spot of gay 'dogging' as 'no big deal'

Different strokes.....? ;-)
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't argue with that. Although I'm sure that Ms Pryce (who probably markets herself as a strong and independent woman) would probably play the "he told me to do it and I was coerced" card.
    Forum Member
    Can't argue with that. Although I'm sure that Ms Pryce (who probably markets herself as a strong and independent woman) would probably play the "he told me to do it and I was coerced" card.

How does she compare though, truly, with flippin' Jacqui Smith who was on LBC? She squandered more of the taxpayers' monies and somehow evaded prosecution for fraud. She has to be one of life's little mysteries, or had very good aides at her disposal.

There are far worse than the likes of Ms Pryce, she was hardly ever billed for 'crime of the year'.
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great moral values Stewie has, eh. This is the man who is always slagging off Katie Price and others for their lifestyles.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you're talking about Gareth Thomas (I didn't hear Steve's programme, but read the article about Thomas in the Times yesterday), he and his wife had no children (three miscarriages). He and his former wife are now on good terms. I've no idea what it feels like to be gay, or to believe that you're in the wrong-sex body, but it probably makes people do a lot of things that they later regret because they feel they have to conform.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When we had the digital changeover a few years ago, I bought a new telly (the old one was getting past its 'sell by' date). That has built in Freeview, but AFAIK (must check the manual!), it doesn't record. I bought a separate digit-recorder. Both being Sony (other brands are available!), they work well together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're talking about Gareth Thomas (I didn't hear Steve's programme, but read the article about Thomas in the Times yesterday), he and his wife had no children (three miscarriages). He and his former wife are now on good terms. I've no idea what it feels like to be gay, or to believe that you're in the wrong-sex body, but it probably makes people do a lot of things that they later regret because they feel they have to conform.

It was this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/31/paul-ross-drugs-gay-lover-affair_n_5743396.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
    Forum Member

Steve was talking about Paul Ross.
This discussion has been closed.