Ben Haenow Winning Single on iTunes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    It stopped free-falling on iTubes:

1. Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) 1.0000
    2 Ben Haenow - Something I Need 0.7050
    Yep, though things can be a bit weird overnight.

It may be the freefall is done, and it will be a more gradual decline for here on in. I don't think a 30% lead is enough for Uptown Funk to catch Ben this week.
  • Guapacha2007Guapacha2007 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of the estimate sales, Uptown Funk has sold around 27650 in the last 24 hours, compared to Ben on approximately 19492 (but that doesn't include physicals.) Wealdstone Raider sold about 14689!
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Ben and the Raider suddenly dropped:

1 Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) 1.0000
    2 Ben Haenow - Something I Need 0.6366
    3 Wealdstone Raider - Got No Fans 0.4553

Can't wait for the midweek info later on today!
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video has just been released.

Very different, it follows his journey through The X Factor from first audition to being crowned the winner. A very original idea :).

If that doesn't boost sales, I can't see what will.

http://vevo.ly/zW5Jwf
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he is still on the lead in the UK Midweeks.
    See the full Official Christmas Singles Chart Top 10 as it currently stands below:
    1 SOMETHING I NEED BEN HAENOW
    2 UPTOWN FUNK MARK RONSON FT BRUNO MARS
    3 THINKING OUT LOUD ED SHEERAN
    4 UP OLLY MURS FT DEMI LOVATO
    5 GOT NO FANS WEALDSTONE RAIDER
  • Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    But he is still on the lead in the UK Midweeks.

Well no shit, but where's the figures
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

in Ireland.
    Forum Member
    in Ireland.

Hence 'Irish'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's 40,000 clear as of last night and sold over 25,000 CDs. He's going to be number one.
    Forum Member
    Willz wrote: »
    He's 40,000 clear as of last night and sold over 25,000 CDs. He's going to be number one.

Depends if streaming has been counter yet if not he'd be only 20k or so clear and considering he's being outsold almost 2 to 1 on digitals now, it'd be close.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is gunna be close and Uptown Funk is gaining more momentum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends if streaming has been counter yet if not he'd be only 20k or so clear and considering he's being outsold almost 2 to 1 on digitals now, it'd be close.

Streaming is added on each day not in one bulk at the end of the week so the 40,000 gap includes streaming.
    Forum Member
    Streaming is added on each day not in one bulk at the end of the week so the 40,000 gap includes streaming.

Are you 100% sure on that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I am.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Ben on the Xmas number one! Much deserved
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uptown Funk is selling almost 50% more than Ben at the moment and the song is in free fall, if you factor in streaming that leaves it too close too call http://kworb.net/popuk/

2 Ben Haenow - Something I Need 0.5978
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Ben Haenow has decreased much faster than I expected on iTunes. The lead for Uptown Funk today is equal to Ben's lead 24 hours after the track was added to iTunes on Monday.

If Uptown Funk can get a lead of 60% or more ahead of Ben tomorrow then yes, this is going to be a really close race.

Whatever happens, at least Ireland have a brilliant Christmas #1. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben's streaming isn't too bad to be honest, it was 25 in the spotify chart on Wednesday. Need to also remember today and tomorow will be the biggest sales for the physical CDs and nothing counts towards the Sunday chart after Saturday midnight and Ben has a performance on Text Santa tonight which will boost it a bit.

I thought it was going to be tighter than it is to be honest but Ben has run away with it. I imagine when the figures are released he'll of finished up at least 20k ahead of UF.

If anyone thinks otherwise you can get 14/1 on UF to be number one on Sunday, but if you're giving away money might as well give it to me :D
    Forum Member
    I thought it was going to be tighter than it is to be honest but Ben has run away with it. I imagine when the figures are released he'll of finished up at least 20k ahead of UF.

If anyone thinks otherwise you can get 14/1 on UF to be number one on Sunday, but if you're giving away money might as well give it to me :D

BIB This surprises me as I thought Ben was going to be about 100k clear of UF this week but the sharp decline is probably going to mean either:

1. Ben sells around 200k and UF has had a fairly decent increase in sales this week.

2. Ben sells around 240k and UF has had a significantly large increase in sales this week.

Either way, it looks like there will be 20k between them as apposed to the 100k I predicted Ben to win by.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    BIB This surprises me as I thought Ben was going to be about 100k clear of UF this week but the sharp decline is probably going to mean either:

1. Ben sells around 200k and UF has had a fairly decent increase in sales this week.

2. Ben sells around 240k and UF has had a significantly large increase in sales this week.

Either way, it looks like there will be 20k between them as apposed to the 100k I predicted Ben to win by.

I think if it was Sam Bailey that won this year and released Skyscraper I really think Uptown Funk would of beat her to number one, as it is it's probably the tightest race for number one since Joe Mcelderry/RATM. Sales figures will be interesting on Sunday, I think Ben will be on 250k.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 Ben Haenow - Something I Need 0.5475

Before the Text Santa performance.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uptown Funk is selling more than double
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Good news - Ben is gaining on iTunes again after his Text Santa performance.
    Forum Member
    It's only increased about 14% though but that said, the boost will no doubt have sealed the deal now. Ben Haenow is definitely going to be the Christmas #1. What I found interesting was that Now! TV were playing the christmas chart top 10 as if it's already official and they had Ben as a new entry at #1.