The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Pardon me?

Could someone point me to the ratings thread?

Seems MIA,

I seem to have stumbled on the ongoing anti Victoria Derbyshire thread?

Who the hell is she? :D
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC look to be trying to kill off a new ITV comedy placing it in that slot. Not that I think ITV's comedies will be a hit there, again scheduled in the wrong slot.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Although Friday 9:30pm has hardly been a major comedy slot in recent times either.
    Also how do we know that Delivery Man is not better than Car Share - I mean you cant really have much confidence in either I know but just maybe?

Well, maybe it will be, the cast seems likeable enough and the writers have done good stuff (one of them, Robert Harley, used to be a staple on kids TV in the eighties on shows like Fast Forward, so I'm delighted he's still about), but I think comedy on ITV needs to be big, bold and brash to stand out, and I don't think this will be.

It's not like the Beeb are deliberately trying to kill it, it's not like ITV regularly show comedy on Wednesdays before this.
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Well they will be running the whole schedule including all important EastEnders and whatever else is on, 5 mins early from 7:25 that evening, so I'm not sure that fact has a link to them putting IGG on a Wednesday not Thursday.

Well, it would look a bit messy. Again, though, we hear on this thread that channels should innovate and try new stuff, and so why not?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Well I don't have much confidence in either but they'd both have a better chance without same genre competition.

As Steve says though, if Channel 4 can show a Peter Kay repeat of a repeat of repeat of a 10 year old stand up that everyone has on DVD and get 3m, then BBC1 should surely get at least a million more than that for a new show.

Plus I'm sure Peter Kay will do the rounds on Breakfast, Paul O'Grady, Graham Norton which will be a lot of promotion.

I seem to remember Kay made quite a memorable appearance on the BBC's Northwest Tonight:D
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I seem to remember Kay made quite a memorable appearance on the BBC's Northwest Tonight:D

There is a DVD made up of just appearances on North West Tonight and Granada Reports isn't there?! Well those and various other appearances, gets one star on Amazon and if purchased it's a mistake people don't make a second time.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    When does Car Share come on iplayer

Car Share is on iPlayer from April 24th.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Peter Kay have his name in programme titles? Does this extend to other aspects of his life? Does he go to the shop with Peter Kay's Shopping List? Does have his food at Peter Kay's Kitchen Table? :D

Pretty sure Delivery Man will move to 9pm once ITV get a couple of overnights for Newzoids.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Car Share is on iPlayer from April 24th.

10 days to go. I think I will check it out
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,310
    Forum Member
    Why does Peter Kay have his name in programme titles? Does this extend to other aspects of his life? Does he go to the shop with Peter Kay's Shopping List? Does have his food at Peter Kay's Kitchen Table? :D

:D

Same thing always happens with Richard Hammond's TV shows.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looms like this year's Corrie storyline for BGT live week has been leaked:
    Last night Corrie filmed shock fire scenes which apparently led to those living near the set to call the fire brigade only to realise the set wasn't actually on fire and they were filming a stunt. It's believed there will be a fire at the Victoria Court flats which is where Carla and Nick live.

Nice to see a storyline not totally revealed months in advance but it seems like the sort of stunt done for ratings and one we've seen too often on Corrie in recent years.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Peter Kay have his name in programme titles? Does this extend to other aspects of his life? Does he go to the shop with Peter Kay's Shopping List? Does have his food at Peter Kay's Kitchen Table? :D.

BBC used to issue press releases talking about Russell T Davies Doctor Who, apparently unaware it existed for 40 years pre RTD.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away returned to Channel 5 for a one off special watched by 1.17m / 5.4% (exc. +1).
    Forum Member
    BBC One's Ordinary Lies continued with 4.43m (20.3%).

Coverage of the Madrid derby averaged 2.28m (11.1%) on ITV SD.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Looms like this year's Corrie storyline for BGT live week has been leaked:
    Last night Corrie filmed shock fire scenes which apparently led to those living near the set to call the fire brigade only to realise the set wasn't actually on fire and they were filming a stunt. It's believed there will be a fire at the Victoria Court flats which is where Carla and Nick live.

Nice to see a storyline not totally revealed months in advance but it seems like the sort of stunt done for ratings and one we've seen too often on Corrie in recent years.

I hope it flops. I truly do. Let's pray for a late May heatwave.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil_N wrote: »
    I hope it flops. I truly do. Let's pray for a late May heatwave.

It is the BGT live week where Corrie airs at 9pm all week it will do quite well
    Forum Member
    A few others...

EastEnders: 6.11m (33.4%)
    Holby City: 4.50m (22.3%)
    Back In Time for Dinner: 2.62m (13.0%)
    Britain's Favourite...: 2.18m (10.0%)
    ITV News at Ten: 1.11m (6.8%)
    Burger Bar to Gourmet Star: 0.63m (3.1%)
    One Born Every Minute: 1.36m (6.3%)
    2.000 Tattoos: 0.83m (5.3%)
    Stacey Dooley Investigates: 0.29m (1.3%)
    Educating Joey Essex: 0.18m (0.9%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    A few others...

EastEnders: 6.11m (33.4%)
    Holby City: 4.50m (22.3%)
    Back In Time for Dinner: 2.62m (13.0%)
    Britain's Favourite...: 2.18m (10.0%)
    ITV News at Ten: 1.11m (6.8%)
    Burger Bar to Gourmet Star: 0.63m (3.1%)
    One Born Every Minute: 1.36m (6.3%)
    2.000 Tattoos: 0.83m (5.3%)
    Stacey Dooley Investigates: 0.29m (1.3%)
    Educating Joey Essex: 0.18m (0.9%)

Thanks Dancc.

Burger Bar to Gourmet Star really has bombed under the weight of Back In Time For Dinner. The weather has had an affect on EastEnders but I think when ratings were stronger the share was over 35% regularly.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    BBC One's Ordinary Lies continued with 4.43m (20.3%).

Coverage of the Madrid derby averaged 2.28m (11.1%) on ITV SD.

The football should really have been on ITV4 as it involved non-British teams but I think contractually it has to be on ITV1. However they won't have that problem from next season.......
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nice weather really hurting ratings it seems.
    Unless living in Scotland. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed Britain's Favourite Foods did well for BBC2, ahead of the once all conquering One Born Every Minute (excluding +1).

Next week's schedule confuses me. Why is BBC2 moving the final Back In Time For Dinner to 9pm to accommodate a new Alex Polizzi show? :confused:
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    Eastenders 6.11m (33.4%)
    Emmerdale 5.4m (32.5%)
    Holby 4.5m (22.2%)
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning Britain's rating and share both showed a slight fall on Piers Morgan's second day as co-presenter. The programme had 560,000 / 16.1%, compared to 591,000./16.9% on Monday.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Good Morning Britain's rating and share both showed a slight fall on Piers Morgan's second day as co-presenter. The programme had 560,000 / 16.1%, compared to 591,000./16.9% on Monday.

Interesting. The audience looks pretty low but the share seems OK and higher than you'd expect considering the audience size. I know some schools are off this week so that might partly explain it.

I don't tend to watch GMB but I've tuned in a bit and quite liked Piers on it. I think we might see more of him on that show.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morgan is always going to turn-off as many people he turns on.

I don't see that rating as a reason to persist with the odious wretch, particularly as they've been trailing the pompous buffoon in constant off putting examples of his sliminess. Puts me off TV and life in general TBH.

I'll admit I'm not a fan though.;-)
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    Eastenders 6.11m (33.4%)
    Emmerdale 5.4m (32.5%)
    Holby 4.5m (22.2%)

Has to be said that if around a 33% share is only giving EE 6.11m and ED 5.4m in April then the soaps ratings are going to look terrible by August.

Equivalent day last year EE had a 33.8% share but 6.59m.
This discussion has been closed.