Why do BT make it so difficult!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
I've never met a company that makes it so difficult to become a customer of there's!

I'll explain.

We bought our house well over a year and we had a BT phone socket in our home. This past weekend I logged onto the BT website and ordered my new line and calls package.
During the week I got a call from the indian call centre saying that they couldn't activate my line as it was an active business line and they wanted ME! to contact the previous occupier to ask if he/she could cancel their business line. I said that wasn't an option and they told me to contact BT business to see if I could get the line changed over.
I spoke to BT business who then said I didn't need to speak to them as BT residential could just take over the line. So I actually phoned the BT sales team this time and they processed my whole order over the phone, confirmed it had been a business line but would now be changed over to a residential line on the 23rd of March. They gave me my phone number, activation date and the date it should be paid on.
Here's where it goes down hill. I e-mailed to ask if I could change my phone package, to which I got a response saying I could. At the bottom of the e-mail there was an advertisement that said I could get a free BT phone if I signed up for the same deal as I did online. I asked about this then was told that sorry, my order was now cancelled. I queried why I was given all the order details and was told they didn't know why I had those details as the order was cancelled. They told me to re-order online and it would work. I told them I had ordered online and it didn't work the first time.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't believe they make it so difficult to become a customer

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    they've jsut done similar to me!! I ordered on-line and got a confirmation email from them. A week later I'd heard nothing and so called, firstly couldn't get through to anyone as they needed my telephone number (which they've not given me...).

Finally got through to sales, who couldn't find an order for me (the order reference is apparently useless) and put me through to cs who wanted me to pay £122 for a new line to be installed and set up a new order. I refused because a) the line in the property was working 2 weeks ago when the previous tenants moved out and B) the online order had taken my direct debit details and I could predict 2 payments ending up coming out.

So he tells me to email the online time - at the address that the confirmation had come from...except on the confirmation it says that email is not monitored?!?!?!

So far i've sent 2 email complaints and called again but no luck!

F*cking idiots!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    they've jsut done similar to me!! I ordered on-line and got a confirmation email from them. A week later I'd heard nothing and so called, firstly couldn't get through to anyone as they needed my telephone number (which they've not given me...).

Finally got through to sales, who couldn't find an order for me (the order reference is apparently useless) and put me through to cs who wanted me to pay £122 for a new line to be installed and set up a new order. I refused because a) the line in the property was working 2 weeks ago when the previous tenants moved out and B) the online order had taken my direct debit details and I could predict 2 payments ending up coming out.

So he tells me to email the online time - at the address that the confirmation had come from...except on the confirmation it says that email is not monitored?!?!?!

So far i've sent 2 email complaints and called again but no luck!

F*cking idiots!

So it's not just me! I'm giving up and going back to Virgin.
  • captncoolcaptncool Posts: 3,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so who else can you rent a line from in the uk ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    captncool wrote: »
    so who else can you rent a line from in the uk ?

You can only have a new line from BT or Virgin but once you have a BT line set up there's a multitude of providers out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can only have a new line from BT or Virgin but once you have a BT line set up there's a multitude of providers out there.

bt are as far as im aware the only line rental provider in the uk (i heard of a comp that offered line rental a while back but i cant remember who ?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    captncool wrote: »
    bt are as far as im aware the only line rental provider in the uk (i heard of a comp that offered line rental a while back but i cant remember who ?)

There's BT and Virgin. If you're with Virgin though, you can only get Virgin services. However if you have a BT line you can use any other internet company.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's BT and Virgin. If you're with Virgin though, you can only get Virgin services. However if you have a BT line you can use any other internet company.

is that virgin cable ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah sorry, that's Cable.