Options

Racism? (merged)

Comments

• Options
    BigmouthStrikesBigmouthStrikes Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I found a clip of it on the tube (please mind the gaaap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcHgjtBe18
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Racism, football, fans. Not a good mix. RUN TEDDY RUN!
  • Options
    ParmesanParmesan Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blodeuwedd wrote:
    There's many media reports and threads here about how the 3 witches' bullying and racist comments and how it reflects badly on Britain/UK. However it should be pointed out that the perpetrators are English.

Have you forgotten about your countryman Glynn peeing in the reservoir of English water because he doesn't like the English?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well perhaps next week you can start a campaign to get Danielle and Jo lynched as well. :rolleyes:

You know its never going to happen! This forum has and always will be anti Jade, i will never ever defend a bully but what Jo Danielle and Jack have said is pure racism but as usual Jade is in the centre of everything so she gets made the scape goat and the others get off.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parmesan wrote:
    Have you forgotten about your countryman Glynn peeing in the reservoir of English water because he doesn't like the English?

Gawd I bloody hated Glyn in BB. I think I was the only one though, everyone was so fascinated by his frigging journey. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I absolutely agree with you - in my complaint to ofcom - I stated that although Jade was a loud mouthed bully it was Danielle who was the REAL racist in the house - after all the girl got an email from her agent about do's and Don'ts and on the don'ts number 3 was Do not be racist - why list it unless her agent knew her true nature ?

She is a two-faced witch who twists everything Shilpa says to her and feeds it to Jade who is so stupid she acts on it - clearly speaking Jade has been manipulated by this woman and if Jade is evicted tonight she will soon see who's been pulling her strings.
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never met a racist until I moved to Romford when I was 22
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote:
    Gawd I bloody hated Glyn in BB. I think I was the only one though, everyone was so fascinated by his frigging journey. :rolleyes:

No you weren't the only one. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Pause wrote:
    Thanks for that transcript! I know what you mean about You Tube, I also have no means of getting anything from the TV to the Computer (I probably have but I haven't set anything up).

Your very welcome, I have no idea how pc_owl used to cope, hooray for YouTube these days... if only I knew how to do it!

Heres what was said when the sound came back...

Jade: ..thats what Jacks got and my mum

Jo: Ooh i've gone all nervous again now, d'ya think it will get like all, all

Jade: not nasty

Jo: fame again?

Jade: Yeah and you must of known that babe

Danielle: Yeah
    (Her eyes light up for a moment!)

Jade: And it will, and if it does, if it does. if it does

Jo: Yeah i did but i didn't, cos i'm not in here for any reason, i'm not got an album, I ain't got a single coming out

Jade: and if it does, you need to use that to your advantage, and you need to start doing a new albun or a new single or,
    Jo: something

Jade: you do.. you can't turn your lip up at it because you do because of the situation your in, so you do. You need to use the whole "i'm famous again" as an advantage, you do, if you don't your a silly billy

Danielle: Yeah you got to make your money somewhere

Jade: You do Jo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Peace-marking post - perhaps OP was just trying to say that using the label 'British' to describe three English people when there is also a Welsh person there who hasn't participated in the nastiness is rendering Wales invisible - it does happen a lot (to me, I'm Welsh). Common response if you point out that you are Welsh not English or British is 'English, Welsh, it's all the same'!
  • Options
    lillyoolillyoo Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ludovica wrote:
    I never met a racist until I moved to Romford when I was 22

And again, your point is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do understand your cynicism, as its such a glaringly calamatous thing to say , if I hadnt seen and heard it myself I would take your line.

When I summarised it, I did try to be impartial, and to be perfectly honest, all I have ever wanted is the abuse to stop. It has.
    I dont need to see any 'retribution' , I would much rather someone sit Jade and the others down and explain why what they have said and done has caused such outrage.

Education is better than punishment in this situation in my opinion.

Having said that, it exposed the disenginuous nature of her responses, and is career suicide.
    It seems she is on self destruct, and nothing can stop it.

I agree with you there.
    reagrdless of what me and you think with regards to thier comments being racist, and I do think they have pushed the boundarys on at least one occasion.
    they need to be sat down and told WHY people though they were being racist and bullies and WHY this is not acceptable to the GBP.

What they dont want is people to just brush it under the carpet.

The way i see it is Jade has been given a huge responsibility, she could with her actions post BB make some positive contributions to race relations by showing she can learn and can feel regret and understand the reaction of the GBP ... if only the GBP will let her and she relalises this is the right thing to do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shilpa, you are absolutely right. Unfortunately, Danielle is slipping under the radar because she is so two-faced. I wish BB would show the group some of Danielle's comments, otherwise she might just get to the final.
  • Options
    AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I will continue to vote in this BB until Danielle, Jo and Jack are all evicted. I agree that Danielle and Jo seemed to make more racist remarks than Jade but the latter did, nevertheless and they were made behind Shilpa's back, not when Jade was out of control during any argument.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think that it has all got a bit out of control,I have heard that the news has reached the new york times and Australia newspapers,Endemol must be loving this,I blame them for this because unlike chantelle,they knew exactly what Jade Goody is like for picking on people,and why were her family with her,her boyfriend is a nobody.And why send her mum in.I think Jade is bully but not racist because she is mixed race herself,Maybe its BB twisted way,The show made her and now it has broken her and she is finished.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Danielle and Jo have said some truly shockingly racist things - BNP standard. Jade has been an ignorant bully and the popadom comment was racist, but i think her problem with Shilpa has been around class and not race. It's unfair if she is the one labelled racist and the others get away with it when they are worse than her.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wee_one20 wrote:
    Thats right I used them and us, couldn't be bothered to type Shilpa.

Right its ok for them (shilpa, jermaine) to say whatever they want but when us (white people) say anything racist or not towards another race that isn't friendly we are classed as racist.

At the end of the day I have friends of different races and they think this is all just ridiculous, Jermaine has made it clear he wouldn't be married to a white woman but no one dares to question why not? Whats so wrong with white women ?

Shilpa can slag off as many British Accents as she wants in malice or not, Danielle says she cant understand Shilpa cause her english aint great, and everyone shouts its racist its racist.

ITS A JOKE.

Are you for real? You can't understand why saying something racist is a problem?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I must love and leave you all. Got to find a shoe to throw! Farewell.

Yes, retreat back to wherever you came from. How dare you call people vile, I suggest your obsession with the term is just a projection of how you perceive yourself.

But, hey this is just a message forum not civil war...'I aint mad atcha' (by the way this is an urban term in case your not sure).
  • Options
    Daniel_HatcherDaniel_Hatcher Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Charming. Such an idiotic View. all English are not Racist. Perhaps you are nationalist by judging everyone else by three people. what a disgusting way to live your life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely agree with you - in my complaint to ofcom - I stated that although Jade was a loud mouthed bully it was Danielle who was the REAL racist in the house - after all the girl got an email from her agent about do's and Don'ts and on the don'ts number 3 was Do not be racist - why list it unless her agent knew her true nature ?

She is a two-faced witch who twists everything Shilpa says to her and feeds it to Jade who is so stupid she acts on it - clearly speaking Jade has been manipulated by this woman and if Jade is evicted tonight she will soon see who's been pulling her strings.
    Just what I was going to say. If you had been Danielle's agent, would you think about warning her against racism unless she was known for it?
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lillyoo wrote:
    And again, your point is.
    That racism isn't as widespread as people may think. My experience is that it is mostly in cities and suburban towns rather than the countryside... It makes me sad that people of other cultural backgrounds stick so much to the city, expecting abuse in rural areas, when actually the opposite it true and country people are almost always really welcoming and interested in minority incomers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found a clip of it on the tube (please mind the gaaap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDcHgjtBe18

I am never going to defend the stupid woman again.

That is possibly the worst thing (for herself) she could have said.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cassius wrote:
    No, she's more stupid than she makes out! (Eskimos!!!)

She's just a very well paid bearded lady at a Victorian freak show

No..she isn't that stupid at all.

This is the problem, a lot of people actually believe that these 'Jadisms' are real.
    Does anybody truly believe that Jade thinks that people could freeze so much in the cold that they could be like 'ice people'?

You can even see the evidence that she's coached Jack to play the same sort of dim role.
    Apparently Jack says that he thinks that he's the only man with nipples as he's never seen another man with nipples according to him.

People actually believe that all this sort of bollox is genuine and real

This has always been the problem, people have been refering to these 'Jadisms' for years to use as evidence that she really is stupid.
    She may be uneducated, but that can be a very different thing from having no intelligence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shilpa wrote:
    Jade is a bully

Danielle and Jo are racist

Let's get it right people.

Still posting from the house? :D

You forgot Jack. :eek:
  • Options
    lillyoolillyoo Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ludovica wrote:
    That racism isn't as widespread as people may think. My experience is that it is mostly in cities and suburban towns rather than the countryside... It makes me sad that people of other cultural backgrounds stick so much to the city, expecting abuse in rural areas, when actually the opposite it true and country people are almost always really welcoming and interested in minority incomers

I'm sorry but i think you'll find it's quite the other way round.
This discussion has been closed.