Options

Jade is a victim of Celebrity culture

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK thank you. I didn't see those.

It sounds like they have been banned and quite rightly so. Completely unacceptable.

Thats the thing tho a lot of posts have been deleted so there is more often than not on here any links or proof any longer that certain people have said certain things
  • Options
    IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mother was sent home "to say her goodbyes and put her house in order" aged 54 after having a series of ops and treatment for cancer of the liver , stomach, bowel and spleen.
    That was 33 years ago, she returned to the hospital after 6 months, surprised that she was feeling much better, everyone said "that often happens towards the end"
    Not in her case, scans or whatever they did in those days revealed no signs of the cancer - just scar tissue. The meds were amazed of course.
    It's never returned, at 87 she's managed quite well with 1 kidney 1/4 of a stomach and no spleen.
    No-one could explain it, a miracle they said...
    We don't see so many miracles nowadays but we do have chemo, transplants, IVF stem cell therapy, all of which are modern miracles, I hope with all my heart that Jade recovers, anyone who has witnessed the terminal illness in a young person will agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    Never fear The Miracle Drug is in tommorow's Sun and Mail .

What do you mean by this?!

From what I have read it will only help prolong her life a bit longer and won't cure her so what do you mean bu this statement im confused?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    I only read sometimes and I have seen several. They are usually removed fairly quickly by the mods. Someone made a joke thread recently the Patrick Swayze was dead!:mad: It too was removed quickly.
    There are some really sad people out there.

Right, they must be removed before I come along.

I agree there are some sad people out there. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idlecat wrote: »
    My mother was sent home "to say her goodbyes and put her house in order" aged 54 after having a series of ops and treatment for cancer of the liver , stomach, bowel and spleen.
    That was 33 years ago, she returned to the hospital after 6 months, surprised that she was feeling much better, everyone said "that often happens towards the end"
    Not in her case, scans or whatever they did in those days revealed no signs of the cancer - just scar tissue. The meds were amazed of course.
    It's never returned, at 87 she's managed quite well with 1 kidney 1/4 of a stomach and no spleen.
    No-one could explain it, a miracle they said...
    We don't see so many miracles nowadays but we do have chemo, transplants, IVF stem cell therapy, all of which are modern miracles, I hope with all my heart that Jade recovers, anyone who has witnessed the terminal illness in a young person will agree.

Thats a really interesting post, its nice to hear things like that every so often
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering whether Jade was just using the going back to work thing as a way of coping, doing the panto, the reality programme, the P A's.
    We know that she had no life to speak of before BB, and however disillusioned she may have been about her celebrity staus and success this must have been a very happy time for her.
    Maybe she was just grabbing all the work she could get as a distraction from the real issues I think it' s called displacement activity.
    Perhaps she just wanted a few more months of happiness in a job she loved.
    We all cope with grief and devastation in different ways, she could have turned to drugs and alcohol, as far as we know she didn't.
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me you're just trolling. Or else you have no empathy at all. :(

You just sound very nasty when you can't express some sympathy for a dying young woman who will leave two children behind.

my thoughts exactly have a heart, and also remember none of us no whats round the corner in life, youre not through this world yaself yet.

Poor poor Jade i just wanna give her a big cuddle.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    OH God, I thought that cancer was just an awful disease but after reading this thread i found out the cancer is the best way to erase the fact that you are an awful person.

She has cancer, she's ill and I wish her the best in her fight, It doesn't mean that I will like her because of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    Perhaps because on the last Sunday Times under 30 Rich list her status( was dipped it is true ) ,was on £4million ( previously it was £8 million.) How much more does she want.?To defend Kylie : she lives just as much on tabloid/ mags as Jade does.. more so as she is more famous,but she is savvy about it , and authorises what does or does not go in. She has excellent PR staff to keep a lid on things that may damage her in any way in press.

I don't know but if it's true she's dying, then I say go for all she can. Rake it in, she doesn't have to answer to anyone and she's got nothing else left to lose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her but I think she ought to get away from the self-righteous public. I thought the racist issue was completely overblown and I think that since day 1 she's put up with a lot of crap from people - especially many journalists who should have known better. I hope she gets better but for her own sake she needs to start to only care about people who are deserving (family, friends...) not about people who 'hate' her just because they are not yet emotionally developed enough to be able to deal with people who are different to them.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    OH God, I thought that cancer was just an awful disease but after reading this thread i found out the cancer is the best way to erase the fact that you are an awful person.

She has cancer, she's ill and I wish her the best in her fight, It doesn't mean that I will like her because of it.

I do not think anyone expects you to, I just think some do not feel the need to attach such disclaimers to their good wishes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaseline wrote: »
    I like her but I think she ought to get away from the self-righteous public. I thought the racist issue was completely overblown and I think that since day 1 she's put up with a lot of crap from people - especially many journalists who should have known better. I hope she gets better but for her own sake she needs to start to only care about people who are deserving (family, friends...) not about people who 'hate' her just because they are not yet emotionally developed enough to be able to deal with people who are different to them.

A perfect description of Jade there.
  • Options
    anon-y-mouseanon-y-mouse Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »

:D And that cannot be denied :D
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Now :o

Was there ...
    I have been reading this story for weeks on DS and I've never read a post wishing Jade dead.
    *tiffany* wrote: »
    There were some yesterday I read them people were smiling at the fact she had cancer said they didnt care and weren't bothered she would die a painful death they have obviously been removed, it might possibly have been from the same poster who called some of us nazis and racists!

Or wasn't there ...
    But from the information from the papers or the sun basically jade is a dying woman so people would be correct when they say stuff about her dying, no one has said they want her dead and buried or that she may aswell be as far as I know, or do you have any names or links to these posts so I can see them for myself?

Help!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

Was there ...

Or wasn't there ...

It gets confusing, aggs :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »

It's the perfect description of almost anyone who wa sborn here.

So if you dislike it, why choose to behave like that yourself?
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzakli wrote: »
    What on earth makes you think that she needs to justify herself to people like you - or me for that matter?

I'm sure she has far too much going on in her life at the moment to waste any of it worrying about whether some bitter and twisted members of an internet forum can bring themsleves to accept that she has a terminal disease.

Totally agree. I think some of the bitter angry comments on here say more about the state of mind of some members than anything else. Some people need to get a life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member

So if you dislike it, why choose to behave like that yourself?

I was born here and I don't have trouble dealing with people like Jade. It requires no great emotional maturity to understand that she's a kid from the wrong side of the tracks who has managed to elevate herself to celebrity status by doing absolutely nothing.

I don't hate her, she isn't worth that strong an emotion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So if you dislike it, why choose to behave like that yourself
    ?

You're using faulty assumptions - I don't hate her.

I'm emotionally developed enough to deal with people from many different backgrounds, including Jade's unfortunate one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »

Who has said that she was a nice person because of cancer, please show me a quote I haven't seen anyone say it yet people keep saying that very same sentence over and over
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

Was there ...

Or wasn't there ...

I meant none of the well wishers not the trolls they don't count, if you read jez's posts and what I was questioning you will understand it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I meant none of the well wishers not the trolls they don't count, if you read jez's posts and what I was questioning you will understand it

*tiffany* I am crushed. Mentioning my name and troll in the same sentence!

:(:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    *tiffany* I am crushed. Mentioning my name and troll in the same sentence!

:(:cry:

Maybe she doesn't love you anymore? :cry:
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I did and I didn't :o so never mind.

Why would well wishers want her deceased, or be talking about things as though it was all over.
    Alive and battling and surviving surely?
This discussion has been closed.