Options

Minogue in the dark over 'X Factor'

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think Simon's reputation of being a "mad axe man" is completely overblown. Who has he really sacked? Kate Thornton and Kelly Brook(the latter's hiring being a complete lack of judgement). People tend to forget that Sharon left on her own, and Louis was totally a publicity stunt no matter what they say. It also remains to be seen whether Dannii goes or not. So I really don't get all this "Nobody is secure. Simon will fire if he see's it's for the good of the show. Keeping the panel fresh ect. ect." stuff.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    Sometimes I think Simon's reputation of being a "mad axe man" is completely overblown. Who has he really sacked? Kate Thornton and Kelly Brook(the latter's hiring being a complete lack of judgement). People tend to forget that Sharon left on her own, and Louis was totally a publicity stunt no matter what they say. It also remains to be seen whether Dannii goes or not. So I really don't get all this "Nobody is secure. Simon will fire if he see's it's for the good of the show. Keeping the panel fresh ect. ect." stuff.

I think the original reputation came from his music work, where he has been known to drop people quite quickly.

In TV:
    Kate Thornton - The X Factor (host) - in favour of a Seacrest-a-like
    Kelly Brook - Britain's Got Talent (judge) - incompetence/format issues?
    Ed Evangelista - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Doug Hall - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Mary Lou Quinlan - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Matt Gallant - American Inventor (host) - show revamp
    Brandy - America's Got Talent (judge) - controversy which he felt would make her return "uncomfortable"

Kelly is the only actual sacking, the rest just haven't had contracts renewed. And there were rumours that Regis Philbin wasn't offered a return after the first series of AGT. Obviously the Louis thing, while almost certainly a stunt, also contributes.

There seems to be a very high rate of turnover, which is probably what keeps people on edge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    I think the original reputation came from his music work, where he has been known to drop people quite quickly.

In TV:
    Kate Thornton - The X Factor (host) - in favour of a Seacrest-a-like
    Kelly Brook - Britain's Got Talent (judge) - incompetence/format issues?
    Ed Evangelista - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Doug Hall - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Mary Lou Quinlan - American Inventor (judge) - show revamp
    Matt Gallant - American Inventor (host) - show revamp
    Brandy - America's Got Talent (judge) - controversy which he felt would make her return "uncomfortable"

Kelly is the only actual sacking, the rest just haven't had contracts renewed. And there were rumours that Regis Philbin wasn't offered a return after the first series of AGT. Obviously the Louis thing, while almost certainly a stunt, also contributes.

There seems to be a very high rate of turnover, which is probably what keeps people on edge.

Considering that more than half of those are from one show, I still don't get it. Obviously American Inventor just didn't work, and continued not to work even after the changes. As for Brandy, she was involved in a very serious auto accident that was her fault AND killed someone. "Uncomfortable" to be on TV is a huge understatement.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised! It wouldn't surprise me if the lovely Dannii Minogue, left the XF due to the amount of 'new Judge', Axe Dannii!' business.

She does not deserve any of it! :mad:
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    "Uncomfortable" to be on TV is a huge understatement.

I think they were trying to be diplomatic!