Options

film show,channel 4. edith bowmen is rubbish.

cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
Forum Member
✭✭
i've just been watching the film show on c4 and edith bowman is a crap presenter.her pathetic attempts to be funny and her showing off have put me off watching again.anybody feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just watch for the films the presenter on any film show is redundant for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    yup.
    but she's down with the kids so presumably her actual skills as a presenter or even a reviewer are totally irrelevant.
    she's just another tv 'personality' where the phrase 'emperor's new clothes' is appropriate.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like her astonish me. No obvious skills, talents or background to bring to the party and in her case, a style like that of an innoffensive but irredeemably dim shop assistant who's found herself working in Selfridges when the interview was for Poundland. Puzzlingly they somehow convince themselves that they've got what it takes. In her case, I'm more than baffled. She must be well connected somehow, or have stumbled on several warehouses full of hugely embarrassing negatives of influential media folk doing unmentionable things with underage animals. Delusions of adequacy barely does justice here....
    :confused:
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edeath Boreman

Her Radio 1 show carried on painfully for many more years than it should have done.

Best avoided.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could of told you she was gonna be rubbish before we watched it.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think TV companies just want presenters now that don't have the ability to input their own material. Such as Bowman, Wiley, Cotton, Willoughby, Thornton, Deeley, Daley, Klass, Winton.. They just want a face with a mouth to read the script.
    :cool:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    i just watch for the films the presenter on any film show is redundant for me.
    Unfortunately a lot of the programs these days are taken up by the presenter. Winkleman, Bruce, Bowman. For some reason the channels think we want to see the input from these people. We don't. An anonymous voice over would suffice.
  • Options
    cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    I think TV companies just want presenters now that don't have the ability to input their own material. Such as Bowman, Wiley, Cotton, Willoughby, Thornton, Deeley, Daley, Klass, Winton.. They just want a face with a mouth to read the script.
    :cool:

they dont have the ability.full stop.