Comments

• Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvaddict30 wrote: »
    Season 6
    Tabula Rasa

Finally, someone mentions Tabula Rasa. Love this episode. Me and my mate had many laughs over this when we were at school. "Something red, shiny, shaped like a penis!" "Why didn't you just call me Horny Giles, or desperate-for-a-shag Giles!" :D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol faith was kinda podgy in s7,i preffered her s3 bad girl days

darla was uber hot in angel s2,as was cordy buffy s3-angel s2

i liked vamp willow but never been into alyson hannigan like some are in the whedonverse,

tbh i dont think any other show has had such great eye candy imo, buffy,cordy,faith,anya,glory,darla,fred,lilah...so so hot on top of best storylines ever created! joss come back to telly after the no doubt epic avengers movie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Finally, someone mentions Tabula Rasa. Love this episode. Me and my mate had many laughs over this when we were at school. "Something red, shiny, shaped like a penis!" "Why didn't you just call me Horny Giles, or desperate-for-a-shag Giles!" :D

My favourite episode ever. I love it. Some fabulous quotes:-

Buffy (about Spike) If I would just stop saving his life, it would simple things up so much.

Randy (aka Spike) Oh, listen to Mary Poppins! He’s got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are always so… Bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh, God. I’m English.

Joan (aka Buffy) I kill your kind.
    Randy And I bite yours. So how come I don't want to bite you? And why am I fighting other vampires? I must be a noble vampire. A good guy. On a mission of redemption. I help the helpless. I'm a vampire with a soul!
    Joan A vampire with a soul? Oh my God. How lame is that?

Just makes me LOL everytime :D
  • Options
    Debs79hDebs79h Posts: 175
    Forum Member

Buffy (about Spike) If I would just stop saving his life, it would simple things up so much.

Randy (aka Spike) Oh, listen to Mary Poppins! He’s got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You Englishmen are always so… Bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh, God. I’m English.

Randy And I bite yours. So how come I don't want to bite you? And why am I fighting other vampires? I must be a noble vampire. A good guy. On a mission of redemption. I help the helpless. I'm a vampire with a soul!

lol I always forget about this one time to dust off the dvd set again :D
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I forgot about those ones. Joan and Umad :D
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL!! My VCR died recently and I bought one from Ebay for £10 as I have Buffy (Seasons 1 - 7) on video and not DVD. It was a bargain - works perfectly and it means I can still watch whenever I want.

Haha I should've thought of that. I ended up giving them to the charity shop so hopefully they went to a good home! :)
  • Options
    TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a tough one

but:

1. Surprise/Innocence
    2. Graduation Day 1&2
    3. Nightmares
    4. Villains
    5. What's My Line? 1&2
    6. Primeval - I know I'll get flack for this one. :o
    7. School Hard - First episode I ever saw.
    8. Halloween
    9. Out of Mind, Out of Sight
    10. The Prom.
  • Options
    SansomSansom Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    In no real order, am I allowed to put 2 parters down as one episode?

Becomming Parts 1&2
    Passion
    Surprise/Innocence
    Angel
    Lovers Walk
    Graduation Day Parts 1&2
    The Gift
    Once More, with Feeling
    The Wish
    Whats My Line Parts 1&2

Lot of season 2 love from me. Really wanted to put Pangs in just because it's so funny.
  • Options
    Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Passion
    2 Becoming
    3 Graduation day
    4 The Wish
    5 Whats My Line
    6 Hush
    7 Bad Girls
    8 Consequences
    9 Halloween
    10 Angel

My favourite Buffy episodes changes ranking all the time, but the top 3 hasn't changed in years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really in any order;

Graduation Day Part 1
    Bad Girls
    Dopplegangland
    I Only Have Eyes For You
    Passion
    Hush
    Who Are You
    Two To Go
    Dirty Girls
    Chosen

Honorable mentions go to -
    Graduation Day Part 2, Weight Of The World, The Body, Fear Itself, Enemies, The Gift, Lies My Parents Told Me and Once More With Feeling.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Passion - Such a great episode, full of suspense, the Angel/Jenny chase was epic.

Bewitched, bothered and bewildered - Just so funny, seeing all those girls after Xander.

The wish - Very interesting alternate reality story, really thought provoking.

Bad girls - Loved seeing Buffy unleash her inner "bad girl".

Living conditions - Hilarious episode, Buffy's roommate was hell, but it was so funny, gotta love a bit of Cher : )

The body - Just pure emotion, suspensful, chilling and just so well acted.

Dirty girls - Loved seeing Faith back, just a great action-y episode.

Him - So funny, the things those women will do for that one guy!

Fool for love - Loved seeing all the Spike/Angelus flashbacks.

Hush - Who doesnt love this one? Creepy, yet brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Mine would be, in no particular order:

- The Pack
    - Witch
    - School Hard
    - Passion
    - Becoming Part 1 & 2 (these count as one)
    - The Wish
    - Doppelgangland
    - Bad Girls
    - Helpless
    - This Year's Girl

... that was difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
    The Zeppo
    The Wish
    Lovers Walk
    Once More With Feeling
    Superstar
    Tabula Rasa
    Passion
    Chosen
    Normal Again
  • Options
    Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 10!!!:p

Okay...

In no particular order:

1. The Puppet Show (S1). (Cannot believe no-one has this in the top ten - Sid the ventriloquist dummy is ace!)

2. The Witch (S1).

3. The Zeppo (S3).

4. School Hard (S2)

5. Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered (S2).

6. Superstar (S4).

7. The Body (S5).

8. Once More With Feeling (S6).

9. Storyteller (S7).

10. Dead Things (S6).

Episodes also worth mentioning (ten is too small a number, sorry :o) are; The Pack (S1), Ted (S2), I Only Have Eyes For You (S2), Band Candy (S3), Living Conditions (S4), Hush (S4), Restless (S4) - genuinely one of my favourite, if not top favourite, Buffy finales -, I Was Made to Love You (S5), Triangle (S5), Life Serial (S6), Seeing Red (S6), Villains (S6), Lessons (S7), Conversations With Dead People (S7), Selfless (S7), and Him (S7).
  • Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1/ Two to Go
    2/ Touched
    3/ Chosen
    4/ Conversations with Dead People
    5/ The Wish
    6/ Doppelgangland
    7/ Who Are You
    8/ Living Conditions
    9/ Gingerbread
    10/ Out of Mind, Out of Sight
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6. Primeval - I know I'll get flack for this one. :o

I really like it too. It's brilliantly epic - and I much prefer to the overrated Restless.

Off the top of my head a top 10 would look like (apart from number 1, no particular order)

OMWF
    The Gift
    The Wish
    Passion
    Surprise/ Innocence
    Tough Love
    Hush
    Primeval
    Graduation Day Part 2
    The Initiative

Odd that my list has so little Season 3 and so much Season 4 (Superstar and A New Man almost made the list). I haven't watched 3 for ages, but I think that has the strongest arc. 4, however, has some of the strongest episodes.
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gift - I remember watching this thinking that this episode sealed BTVS as the best television show of all time.

Once More With Feeling - and just when you thought the show couldn't get any better. This defined Joss as an evil genius for me.

Hush - again, definitive proof that Joss is a genius. An episodes with no words and it's still brings the awesome lol

Something Blue - hilarious.

Angel - the beginning of the Buffy and Angel Forever madness.

Surprise/innocence - a turning point for the show

Becoming (Part 1) an in-depth look at Angel, made it all the more harder when Buffy killed him

Restless - to me, this is the first episode of season 5.
    The Body - heartbreaking

Forever - heartbreaking part 2

Crush

I Was Made to Love You

Tabula Rasa - Hilarious

Fool for Love

Bad Girls - sassy

The Zeppo - Takes the A and B plot and turns it completely on it's head. Another shining example of Whedon's genius.

The Prom

Intervention

Passion - love the poetry and the ending.

The Pack - Xander being his usual self.

Normal Again - unfortunately, just about every other show has tried to duplicate this and failed miserably.

Graduation (part 2)

The Wish - I'm a sucker for Bizarro World eps.

Superstar - See The Wish.

Dopplegangland

Lover's Walk

Amends - Another great insight into Angel's background.

Smashed/Wrecked - loved the darkness.

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Oh, sorry did you say 10? :D
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been rewatching Buffy since July and tomorrow i'll be watching the final episode again. It's been so emotional and strange reconnecting with these characters that i first fell in love with almost 15 years ago!

Here is my definitive list (i think...)

1.Passion - The score, the acting, perfect. The shock of a semi main character being killed off and the implications of it and of course the phone call scene.

2.Surprise / Innocence -The series completely came into it's own from this point. Many aspects of the episode struck me on first viewing but more so now, especially the image of Drusilla with blood on her mouth following Buffy.

3.Normal Again - Season 6 of Buffy is widely seen as the depressing WTF season, now don't get me wrong it is dark and depressing but it is also clever, moving and extremely raw. This episode from the start is a brainf**k and leaves you uncomfortable and worried, was it all in her mind?

4.Selfless - This has only become a favourite in recent years, as i've gotten older i appriciate Anya's lack of personal boundaries:p Aud > Anyanka > Anya, i love her and the added bonus of 'Missus' makes this one of the best.

5.Once More With Feeling - 'The Musical Episode' and omg who in their right mind could have imagined the outcome?!!! Joss Whedon is a talented evil genius! Sarah, Emma and of course Amber shocked everyone with their talents. Hey it was a S6 episode too!

6.I Only Have Eyes For You - I remember watching this one on BBC2 after midnight and realising how good the show had got and it genuinely scared me. The whole Angelus/Buffy music room scene was done brilliantly.

7. Hush - Where to begin? the fact 95% of the episode is completely muted of speech yet can scare the crap out of you, the creepy nursery rhyme, the first connection of Willow and Tara, Buffy just breaking the random dudes arm like a bread stick, oh and the gentlemen:eek:

8. Restless - I adore this episode, i have watched it about 30+ times and still i notice something new. Everything that came before and that comes after it is subtly included as hints or blatant being shown. Willow's magic addiction and it's implications, Xander's doomed wedding and lack of confidence, Giles uselessness and his path, Joyce's cancer and death and Buffy's journey as the Slayer and the darkness inside of her. Oh and the Knome that is in Entropy is hanging about...

9. The Wish - The first real glimpse of how dark Buffy can go, how hardened she is without her friends and a watcher like Giles. Anyanka arrives (YAY) and grants Cordy's wish, Sunnydale without Buffy = CRAP! ...basically. There is also Vampire Willow;)

10. Chosen - It had to be in my top 10, my favourite show of all time ending. I remember i actually felt numb at the end. "Buffy, what are we going to do now?" then Buffy does that little sigh and a grin. Cookie Dough?!

Following on the list it would have included - Afterlife, Doppelgangland, Becoming, The Gift, The Body, When She Was Bad, Who Are You?, Conversations With Dead People, Helpless, Prophecy Girl and Two To Go.
  • Options
    Ultra MagnusUltra Magnus Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normal Again - Season 6 of Buffy is widely seen as the depressing WTF season, now don't get me wrong it is dark and depressing but it is also clever, moving and extremely raw. This episode from the start is a brainf**k and leaves you uncomfortable and worried, was it all in her mind?
    I've never understood the love for this episode.
    It's never ever referenced again that Buffy may be mad - and there's a 5 year long spin-off series as well.

So given that all the evidence points to the Buffy-verse being 'real', the central hook of this episode just falls apart.

If they'd been really daring and done something like this as the series finale (and Angel didn't exist), it might have worked for me.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normal Again was ok, just not very original (Jacobs Lader, TNG's Frame of Mind,...)
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you follow where Buffy's mindset was heading at that point Normal Again made perfect sense. She was suicidal, sleeping with Spike using him as a blanket for her depression, shutting out her life. After the demon stabbed her, she had a glimpse of another reality where her parents were alive and together and she wasn't the slayer, just a girl in a clinic. She could escape. Be 'normal'.

I would also chuck in Storyteller and Angel into my other best of's...
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Hush- Ultimately creepy. The Gentlemen *shudder*
    2. The Body
    3. Earshot
    4. Conversations with dead people
    5. Innocence
    6. Becoming
    7. Passion
    8. Doppelgangland
    9. Prophesy Girl
    10. Selfless

I think Dead Things is a weird one. It's I think the darkest episode of the whole series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    1. Most definitely "Hush" - Creepy, beautiful and just stunning
    2. The Body - Heartbreaking
    3. The Gift - Best season finale, Glory* finally got hers
    4. Graduation Day Pt 2 - Giant snake demon!
    5. I Only Have Eyes For You - Brilliantly done, excellent soundtrack
    6. Once More With Feeling - Who'd have thought a musical episode would work, but boy did it evah!
    7/8.. Surprise/Innocence - Hellooo Angelus
    9.. Chosen - Excellent ending for an excellent series, would have been higher if Anya hadn't died
    10. Two To Go -Bored now....

*Glory was my favourite Big Bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. The Body
    2. OMWF
    3. Hush
    4. The DarkWillow trilogy
    5. End of Days/Chosen
    6. Spiral/The Weight of the World/The Gift
    7. Graduation Day
    8. Tabula Rasa
    9. Primeval
    10. Him

Technically that's 16 episodes, but I always watch the multi-parters together.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    It's never ever referenced again that Buffy may be mad - and there's a 5 year long spin-off series as well.

So given that all the evidence points to the Buffy-verse being 'real', the central hook of this episode just falls apart.

If they'd been really daring and done something like this as the series finale (and Angel didn't exist), it might have worked for me.

I just loved they had the guts to go there (not many series would) I do recall on the commentary Joss saying that the network was NOT impressed.