Corrie-Peter obviously favours Carla over his own son

Comments

• MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flicky1234 wrote: »
    okokok i see where everyone's coming from, i just think Carla should be given a chance to show she could be a good mother figure before people just rule it out, she also was drinking when Simon wasn't there and probably knew he wasn't coming home that night

Carla could possibly have a maternal side, but she needs to properly sort herself out before attempting to explore it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    Carla could possibly have a maternal side, but she needs to properly sort herself out before attempting to explore it.

Agree with this. It bugs me when people say she's not maternal at all because we've never seen her deal with a child so how does anyone know?

I would love for her and Simon to develop some kind of bond in the long run but as you say, she needs to sort her life out first. The way she is now she's likely to snap at the smallest thing which isn't going to help anyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not an alcoholic, she attends all his school meetings and plays, brings him to and from school every day, isn't in a toxic relationship, doesn't palm him off to family members every chance she gets and isn't willing to go to prison just to protect another alcoholic, thus missing out on years of his life.

I'd say she was far far better than Peter in many ways.

but then again she did plan on abandoning him twice with no explanation or promise of contact for him. She's hardly mother of the year.

I hope Leanne doesn't get custody, I seriously doubt she would in real life but this is soap and it wouldn't be the first time they've bent the rules to suit them.
  • smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    but then again she did plan on abandoning him twice with no explanation or promise of contact for him. She's hardly mother of the year.

I hope Leanne doesn't get custody, I seriously doubt she would in real life but this is soap and it wouldn't be the first time they've bent the rules to suit them.

Peter forced her to the first time he wasn't even going to allow her to say goodbye and tld Ken and Deirdre not to let her near Simon, the second time she found out her husband betrayed her in the worst possibe way with her so called drunken friend. I wonder how most people would act in that situation...Besides she was back within weeks and she has done nowhere near the damage Peter has done. As Simon shows in every episode.

I hope Leanne does get custody...goodness imagine the poor child living with two selfsih alcoholics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not an alcoholic, she attends all his school meetings and plays, brings him to and from school every day, isn't in a toxic relationship, doesn't palm him off to family members every chance she gets and isn't willing to go to prison just to protect another alcoholic, thus missing out on years of his life.

Great post!! So true.
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with this. It bugs me when people say she's not maternal at all because we've never seen her deal with a child so how does anyone know?

I would love for her and Simon to develop some kind of bond in the long run but as you say, she needs to sort her life out first. The way she is now she's likely to snap at the smallest thing which isn't going to help anyone.

I agree. I would love to see Simon and Carla become friends in the future, but first and foremost it’s Peter who should rebuild his relationship with Simon.

Good post. I agree with this. I don’t believe - taking Simon away from his dad - would be the best thing for him. Understandably, he’s blaming Peter for everything but he still loves his father. Perhaps Leanne’s mission will be a blessing in disguise for everyone because I think it will force Peter to get his act together and fight for his son.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I would love to see Simon and Carla become friends in the future, but first and foremost it’s Peter who should rebuild his relationship with Simon.

Good post. I agree with this. I don’t believe - taking Simon away from his dad - would be the best thing for him. Understandably, he’s blaming Peter for everything but he still loves his father. Perhaps Leanne’s mission will be a blessing in disguise for everyone because I think it will force Peter to get his act together and fight for his son.
    - I wonder. Currently Peter seems to be in such a mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor little Simon - he needs stability and not the mess that Peter and Carla are at present and I can't see it changing anytime soon. If Peter was any sort of a father he would realise this and be begging Leanne to look after Simon. Time he put the boy's needs before his own and did at least one unselfish thing in his life and let Simon be happy with Leanne without going through some interminable and gut wrenching custody battle. Peter is one of the most selfish and thoughtless of men and even Carla is too good for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    smashbox wrote: »
    Wasn't she drinking when she went to collect him at school. A big thing was made of the her smelling of booze.

They made such a big deal out of that scene though when it was nothing, really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    panda-- wrote: »
    They made such a big deal out of that scene though when it was nothing, really.

I don't know about that. She was drinking and must have had quite a bit when alcohal was smelt of her breath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I don't know about that. She was drinking and must have had quite a bit when alcohal was smelt of her breath.

It felt like the whole situation was exaggerated, tbh. Especially after what the ~witnesses~ said afterwards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    panda-- wrote: »
    It felt like the whole situation was exaggerated, tbh. Especially after what the ~witnesses~ said afterwards.

That may be so but they weren't wrong about her smelling of booze,because we saw her drinking in that episode.
  • missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did peter only keep Simon to get Lucy money?
  • ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Oh FFS Simon is a child... he is reacting badly(which is totally understandable) his whole life has been turned upside down there' a strange women who he hates in his home and hi dad's trying to force him into acceoting her. His mum has left the family home over this and his dads been on the booze again!! He's aware that he is an alcoholic. So of course he will come out with rash statements. A grown man like Peter should have been expecting that and should have taken it on the chin. But Peter is too selfish and dumb to see any of that. I don't see why excuses are being made for him. He's let his son down bigtime.

Completely agree. And people thinking that Carla and Simon should 'be friends' and justify her actions around this scenario - either you're on a different planet or as blinkered as she is.
  • ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    flicky1234 wrote: »
    how is it offensive all i meant was that she has no legal leg to stand on in court if she was to go through with a custody battle, and there's a difference between you and Simon- Leanne didn't adopt him..

I don't even believe there is enough reasonable ground for leanne to have Simon, Carla would make a good mum when given the chance and peter was drinking when he was with Leanne too and she managed it, why can't carla?

I've been through the family courts and even with an objection by my natural father - I was still awarded to a man who is not biologically linked to me and do you know why? Because they asked MY opinion. And that is what they would do exactly in this case.

And it was offensive to me, because it is offensive to me. Not much more to say on that other then think about what you post.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apart from that time when she scared baby Liam by screaming at him, when she was drunk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did peter only keep Simon to get Lucy money?

The condition that Peter inherited his wife Lucy's money was that he brought up Simon.
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Removing Carla for a second- Peter is a selfish, selfish git, booze has always come first for him and it always will do. Simon should be his first priority not the bottle and certainly not a lush like Carla.

Peter and Carla together are an even worse combination. They are no good for each other. Why on earth has Carla moved in so quickly to the flat? They are both so selfish they don't consider how their actions are affecting those around them nor do they give a damn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1/4 correct on the names front :p;)

I do find it somewhat fascinating/baffling how Peter does sort of forget his son at times. He must really just be that impulsive or his son is that much of an afterthought that he ploughs ahead with something, before remembering! Like with confessing to a murder he doesn't know - nobody wants him to do that - not even Carla - and yet he's so sort of intent on playing the selfless knight, that he sort of forgets the consequences.

Men that fall in love with Carla, really do get blinded by love! Tony murdering, Frank fixing the car crash, Peter confessing murder; and none of the three did she ask for, she really is enchanting! :D

Not forgetting Liam Connor who was just about to abandon his pregnant girlfriend Maria to be with Carla before he was killed.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not forgetting Liam Connor who was just about to abandon his pregnant girlfriend Maria to be with Carla before he was killed.

He didn't know Maria was pregnant, he wouldn't have left her for Carla once he found out, even Carla admitted this. *

*In a very self pitying manner!
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB 1:So does Peter, he missed one because he was with Carla, however Leanne missed one because she was with Nick, it seems to be one of the things that must happen during affairs.
    l'll put money on Sunita missing a school play or something because she is with Karl

BIB 2:Why has everyone seemed to got the impression that Simon didn't spend anytime with Ken when Leanne and Peter were together? The number of times we heard, "He's with Ken", or "He is with the Peacocks", when it comes to someone else babysitting, they are as bad as each other. I remember being shocked one time when Tracy said they were babysitting Amy, because they were actually looking after someone's child, rather then someone else looking after theirs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB 1:So does Peter, he missed one because he was with Carla, however Leanne missed one because she was with Nick, it seems to be one of the things that must happen during affairs.
    l'll put money on Sunita missing a school play or something because she is with Karl

BIB 2:Why has everyone seemed to got the impression that Simon didn't spend anytime with Ken when Leanne and Peter were together? The number of times we heard, "He's with Ken", or "He is with the Peacocks", when it comes to someone else babysitting, they are as bad as each other. I remember being shocked one time when Tracy said they were babysitting Amy, because they were actually looking after someone's child, rather then someone else looking after theirs

Oh yes, he did indeed - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Barlow - Soon after Simon started school, Peter arrived drunk at the school Nativity play and began a row with teaching staff. Simon stayed with his grandparents until Peter agreed to stop drinking for Simon's sake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think she admitted herself she wasn't the maternal type.

Actually I don't dislike Peter and Carla, and they make a good couple. But there's no denying they are both selfish alcoholics - and if Leanne (and Ken and Deardrie) wasn't around there is every chance Social Services would be getting involved with Simon's upbringing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    if in court peter brings up she was prostercute peter would win
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Oh yes, he did indeed - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Barlow - Soon after Simon started school, Peter arrived drunk at the school Nativity play and began a row with teaching staff. Simon stayed with his grandparents until Peter agreed to stop drinking for Simon's sake.

He still went :D;) Okay point taken, but I wasn't really talking about that time, more about when he and Leanne where together :)