buying a new tv any recommendations?

2»

Comments

• David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats the right way to do it. Would never buy a tv without first trying one. Also with the internet, i dont know how much it would cost to return if it didnt work or went wrong. Certainly more than it would cost me to drive the shops.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    David (2) wrote: »
    thats the right way to do it. Would never buy a tv without first trying one. Also with the internet, i dont know how much it would cost to return if it didnt work or went wrong. Certainly more than it would cost me to drive the shops.

yes the delivery guys were great installed in my bedroom and even daisy chained my vhs and dvd so all i had to do was make a cup of tea!! it even works really nicely on my indoor aerial (hoorah!) dvds look fantastic on it!! thanks for your help David (2) very much appreciated :)

eta : totally agree with the internet thing great for research but not suitable for me for buying, even better if anthing goes wrong i don't have to take it to them THEY come and get it!!! even better.....top service!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    How are LG and Samsung behind? I know that Panasonic and Sony are legit but the other two companies are on par with them. I don’t know much about Samsung brand if you are looking for 3d LG is the way to go. The first half of 2011, LG was awarded for hit-chart. All have them pro and con, just got to go with what feature you prefer.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    terryfc81 wrote: »
    How are LG and Samsung behind? I know that Panasonic and Sony are legit but the other two companies are on par with them. I don’t know much about Samsung brand if you are looking for 3d LG is the way to go. The first half of 2011, LG was awarded for hit-chart. All have them pro and con, just got to go with what feature you prefer.

You don't know much about Samsung but know they are on the same level as Panasonic and Sony? :confused:
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    terryfc81 wrote: »
    How are LG and Samsung behind? I know that Panasonic and Sony are legit but the other two companies are on par with them.

Not by a long way - LG and Samsung produce far cheaper sets using cheaper components, giving much poorer reliability, and also offer far inferior service to Sony/Panasonic.

This is why LG/Samsung make money on them, and Sony/Panasonic don't :cry: