Options

OMG !! cnn

Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
Forum Member
✭✭
What have they done its like they have gone widscreen but not updated any of there studios to widscreen what a step backwards

Comments

• Options
    leicslad45leicslad45 Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    How long before CNN update the picture so that it is fully widescreen. Also when will CNN go HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I like CNN friendly news presenters hope they go widescreen real soon and in HD.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, they've been switching between letterboxed and 4x3 for months now
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    The USA feed is 16:9. International is 4:3 so when CNNI take the USA feed it looks odd
  • Options
    firestarter.ukfirestarter.uk Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Currently watching Inside the Middle East. Program and (some) adverts currently shown correctly in 16:9 widescreen, Other adverts are letterboxed.
  • Options
    firestarter.ukfirestarter.uk Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Back to 4:3 for World One at 11:00...
  • Options
    LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there really a good reason NOT to have every feed in full 16:9 ??? is it cost? doubt it.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    is there really a good reason NOT to have every feed in full 16:9 ??? is it cost? doubt it.

It amazes me how backwards the US broadcasters are in Europe with CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg all widescreen HD back home but we get crappy 4.3 SD.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Must be waiting until they can afford to upgrade to HD rather than do a 2nd update to 16:9 cameras.
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    It amazes me how backwards the US broadcasters are in Europe with CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg all widescreen HD back home but we get crappy 4.3 SD.

Europe has just recently went to HD though haven't they? I'm trying to think when the last time I watched TV that wasn't HD was like early 2011, I was under the impression that not all networks in Europe have made the switch to HD yet.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »

I wish CNBC was in HD or even in widescreen. When I first got an LCD TV I had to change the settings just to be able to see the stock ticker properly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    CNNi is now broadcasting in 16:9. Some programmes and old promos are still broadcast in 4:3, like World Sport is just now, but you'll see all newer programmes from the American CNN, like Amanpour and Piers Morgan Tonight, are proper 16:9 now.

CNNi HD is broadcasting on satellite NSS-7 (22.0°W) only at the moment.

:cool:
  • Options
    LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching World Sport on CNN which is 4:3. when you can put out video podcasts in 16:9 there's really NO reason why you can't make the feed you send to europe 16:9. NHK World tv have a HD feed! and they dont even have more than 10 minutes of actual news per hour!