The hipocracy of the catholic church

redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
Forum Member
I absoloutely have no problem with what individuals choose to seek comfort in, believe in or use as a form of moral guidance. but the institution of the catholic church( Not its individual worshippers) seem very corrupt.

Case in point:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/21/vatican-secret-property-empire-mussolini?INTCMP=SRCH

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hipocracy. Lolz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Lol!

Boys go into the Catholic Church not the other way around!
    To be fair have a look at where the Anglican Church invests.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Crime of the century huh?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Christ, are they practising as doctors now?:confused:
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Christ, are they practising as doctors now?:confused:

Used to :D
  • Mr. BlueskyMr. Bluesky Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Crime of the century huh?

if you judge every crime with that criteria, heaven help you.

Its a filthy hypocrisy that is the very fabric of ALL religion
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you judge every crime with that criteria, heaven help you.

Its a filthy hypocrisy that is the very fabric of ALL religion

Since when was it a crime to own property?
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roman catholics passing themselves off as Christians upsets me.

What a dreadful, corrupt institution.
    Forum Member

It is not in itself but when that property is financed by the gains of fascist governments . One wonders wheather the money should be returned to the victims of the regime.
    Forum Member

perhaps when it was given to you by a dictator who acquired it by nefarious means initially. perhaps when you pretend to be a cult that hates poverty, money making and worships a dude who would be turning in his grave (if he was real) if he read that story...:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps when it was given to you by a dictator who acquired it by nefarious means initially. perhaps when you pretend to be a cult that hates poverty, money making and worships a dude who would be turning in his grave (if he was real) if he read that story...:rolleyes:

BiB - Does this apply to everyone or just the religious institutions you have an obvious prejudice against? If everyone then we can kiss goodby to BMW, Sony and most of the Swiss banking system (plus half the worlds banking system).

Secondly since when was hypocrIsy a crime? Half the population would be locked up if that was the case.

I agree with the point about Jesus, He wasn't too fond of money-men if the accounts about him are true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Money = power. Power = influence. Influence = control of the masses. It's a vicious circle but one the Roman Catholics have perpetuated for centuries. All the while spouting off about condoms being a sex toy and a sin and gay people being abominations! They have miscalculated the people's ability to see through bulls**t. They are worse than the mob! At least with the mob there's no pretence.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hipocracy. Lolz.
    Perhaps the OP feels it's pretty hip to be Catholic? :D

(Though I rather suspect he doesn't.)
    Forum Member
    BiB - Does this apply to everyone or just the religious institutions you have a predjudice against? If everyone then we can kiss goodby to BMW, Sony and most of the Swiss banking system.

Secondly since when was hypocracy a crime? Half the population would be locked up if that was the case.

I agree with the point about Jesus, He wasn't too fond of money-men if the accounts about him are true.

Erm swiss bank accounts should return nazi money to the victims. BMW had to surrender some of its factories to the allies following the defeat of Germany in WWII and sony founded its business after Japan's defeat in WWII.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Erm swiss bank accounts should return nazi money to the victims. BMW had to surrender some of its factories to the allies following the defeat of Germany in WWII and sony founded its business after Japan's defeat in WWII.

I stand corrected on Sony - I'm thinking of Sanyo and their use of slave labour in WW2
    Forum Member
    BiB - Does this apply to everyone or just the religious institutions you have an obvious prejudice against? If everyone then we can kiss goodby to BMW, Sony and most of the Swiss banking system (plus half the worlds banking system).

Secondly since when was hypocracy a crime? Half the population would be locked up if that was the case.

Shouldn't a church who sees itself as a moral authority over a billion Catholics, behave , more like Jesus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't a church who sees itself as a moral authority over a billion Catholics, behave , more like Jesus.

On this I agree.
    Forum Member
    I stand corrected on Sony - I'm thinking of Sanyo and their use of slave labour in WW2

Erm Sanyo was run through one of the old Zaibatsu companies, The Zaibatsu was disbanded by the US occupying forces. Sanyo was founded by the collapse of the Zaibatsu system.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The catholic church is a hugely powerful money making racket and I'm sure if all its secrets were revealed, there would be worse come out. That part of it doesn't bother me, its the misery that has been caused by their views on contraception etc. Particularly in poor countries.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    The Catholic church bases their entire existence upon a belief that has never been proven

So of course they are corrupt. There's no way NOT to be if your entire reason for being is predicated on a myth that you use to justify your ideology.
    Forum Member
    The problem is that the whole shooting match is made up and as such it is impossible to adhere to so people, being people, use it for power and gain.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mussolini's money was probably a drop in the ocean to them! But every little helps..
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    Mussolini's money was problem a drop in the ocean to them! But every little helps..

Apparently it saved them from going bankrupt.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absoloutely have no problem with what individuals choose to seek comfort in, believe in or use as a form of moral guidance. but the institution of the catholic church( Not its individual worshippers) seem very corrupt.

Case in point:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/21/vatican-secret-property-empire-mussolini?INTCMP=SRCH

Yet another Roman Catholic Church basher! I was brought up in the Roman Catholic religion - I don't practise it now, but I did learn how to spell in my Roman Catholic school.
    By the way,the Anglican Church came about through Henry Viii's thieving from the monasteries, false accusations and executions of innocent people to gain their lands, and this went on throughout his reign after his break from the Church in Rome.

By the way, op, it's HYPOCRISY.
    Forum Member
    Yet another Roman Catholic Church basher! I was brought up in the Roman Catholic religion - I don't practise it now, but I did learn how to spell in my Roman Catholic school.
    By the way,the Anglican Church came about through Henry Viii's thieving from the monasteries, false accusations and executions of innocent people to gain their lands, and this went on throughout his reign after his break from the Church in Rome.

I went to a catholic school too. So the catholic church is perfect with its pedophiles, Nazi money oh and blessing the bombs used by Italy on Ethiopia. Oh and killing people who need abortions to save their lives. Lets not forget about that. Church schools are the biggest driving force behind atheism in the UK.