Options

Football fans causing trouble away.

djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Football has been dogged with trouble makers over the years but it seems to be on the way-out with football becoming the family friendly game again.

Bristol City were away to Cardiff City today but some of their fans decided to cause some chaos in a city centre pub, burn the welsh flag, let off some flares and looking at the photos cause some minor disturbances outside.

All detailed via peoples tweets and instagrams here:-
http://djleekee.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/football-bristol-fans-in-cardiff/

Surely this behaviour shouldnt be tollerated and there did seem to be ahuge police presence - which begs the question how on earth did the police let it happen?

Comments

• Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    Football has been dogged with trouble makers over the years but it seems to be on the way-out with football becoming the family friendly game again.

Bristol City were away to Cardiff City today but some of their fans decided to cause some chaos in a city centre pub, burn the welsh flag, let off some flares and looking at the photos cause some minor disturbances outside.

Surely this behaviour shouldnt be tollerated and there did seem to be ahuge police presence - which begs the question how on earth did the police let it happen?

I wouldn't fret; they won't be visiting Cardiff again for a while!:D
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

which begs the question how on earth did the police let it happen?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not a lot the police can do if someone is going to cause a riot though.

Surely the people to blame were the ones doing it.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least they trashed a Wetherspoons!
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

Judging by the pictures they made quite a few improvements to the pub.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »

Is that possible?
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't see what the point in trashing a place is, what do they people that do it, actually get out of it? Satisfaction that a person's place of work is in a state of repair?
    How is that a good thing, or how does that affect a football team, or prove that one team or set of fans are "better" than another set of fans or team??

It just goes right over my head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't see what the point in trashing a place is, what do they people that do it, actually get out of it? Satisfaction that a person's place of work is in a state of repair?
    How is that a good thing, or how does that affect a football team, or prove that one team or set of fans are "better" than another set of fans or team??

It just goes right over my head.

In the world of the UK footbal casual there aren't all that many opportunities to fight opposition casuals these days. Yes, there are still some but it far less likely to happen now than it was 30 years ago.

So what they do instead these days is arrive early fueled on shit coke and Stella, take over a pub on 'enemy' territory, trash said pub and then claim they went on enemy territory, took the piss and no locals did anything about it.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    In the world of the UK footbal casual there aren't all that many opportunities to fight opposition casuals these days. Yes, there are still some but it far less likely to happen now than it was 30 years ago.

So what they do instead these days is arrive early fueled on shit coke and Stella, take over a pub on 'enemy' territory, trash said pub and then claim they went on enemy territory, took the piss and no locals did anything about it.

But the pub, or whatever establishement that they "tear up", has nothing to do with the football club whatsoever, so it is pretty pointless in the end to mess it up.

I don't mind having a drink or whatever in a pub in a different place, but to destroy it in some warped logic, that this proves that you are better, just goes waaaaayy over my head.
    It proves nothing of the sort.

But I guess the types of people that do these things, don't really care about logic.

I really feel for the people who have to clean up after they have trashed the place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily no one was hurt in the pub incident but it seems a police horse was head butted and then further flares and smoke bombs were let off at the stadium where one disabled supporter couldnt be moved quick enough to escape it all!

It's just behaviour that should be behind us now!

I've just come back from a few weeks in Eastern Europe and it was refreshing to see people going about their business and being open and friendly there. (They had very little but they appreciated what they had and had respect for everyone and everything!)
    It's only once you come back to this country you realise how petty and awful we are to each other - for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just come back from a few weeks in Eastern Europe and it was refreshing to see people going about their business and being open and friendly there. (They had very little but they appreciated what they had and had respect for everyone and everything!)
    It's only once you come back to this country you realise how petty and awful we are to each other - for no apparent reason.

Yeah, there is no football related violence in Eastern Europe. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Yeah, there is no football related violence in Eastern Europe. :D:D:D

Yeah I know that! Twas Serbia I went to aswell! ;)

Even though their Country is 30 years behind in a lot of things we do here I felt their attitude to life and to us was hell of a lot better than how we would probably treat them over here!*

*footballexcluded!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member

So let me get this right, it was a match involving Cardiff and it wasn't there fans causing trouble?

First time for everything I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye! Cardiff fans were watching a dragon dance at the Cardiff City Stadium!

Dont mention the rebrand!
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this right, it was a match involving Cardiff and it wasn't there fans causing trouble?

First time for everything I suppose.

Indeed.

For clarity, the pub in question is directly over the road from Cardiff Central station, so I'd assume anyone arriving from Bristol by train was met at the station and herded into the pub before being frogmarched to the ground.
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Bloody he'll if ds had been around in 70s/80s
    Imagine the threads on Herre every sunday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Bloody he'll if ds had been around in 70s/80s
    Imagine the threads on Herre every sunday

Very few Welsh DJs went to DJ in Communist Yugoslavia.

Still, how many Welsh DJs go over to the homophobic and racist Serbia these days??
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Indeed.

For clarity, the pub in question is directly over the road from Cardiff Central station, so I'd assume anyone arriving from Bristol by train was met at the station and herded into the pub before being frogmarched to the ground.

This fixture is usually policed by way of the 'bubble' trip, All Bristol City fans bused from Bristol with police convoy straight to stadium and vice-versa after the game, its a pain in the arse but it has proved succesfull in the past especially for Swansea v Cardiff games.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're only fans INSIDE THE STADIUM, and if they cause trouble they should be considered RIOTERS ..... and dealt with accordingly!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    jackyork wrote: »
    This fixture is usually policed by way of the 'bubble' trip, All Bristol City fans bused from Bristol with police convoy straight to stadium and vice-versa after the game, its a pain in the arse but it has proved succesfull in the past especially for Swansea v Cardiff games.

They did this for a Wolves game a few seasons back. My mate is a Wolves fan who lives in Bristol and had to drive back to Wolverhampton to get a coach to Cardiff.:D
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    They did this for a Wolves game a few seasons back. My mate is a Wolves fan who lives in Bristol and had to drive back to Wolverhampton to get a coach to Cardiff.:D

Reminds me of Blackburn v Burnley game couple of years ago, the Police would only allow Burnley fans to use coaches from Burnley to Blackburn & return to Burnley, which led to the situation of one Burnley fan who lived next to Ewood Park to have to travel to Burnley then get the coach to Ewood & back to Burnley then make his own way back home. Fortunately Burnley is not that far from Blackburn
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily no one was hurt in the pub incident but it seems a police horse was head butted.

Made me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Yep thats exactly what happened