Dress and shoes combo

Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am going to a wedding reception on Friday and I am thinking of wearing this dress but not sure what shoes to wear.

I have these shoes and think they will match perfectly but just wondered if there is any other style/colour shoes I could match with the dress.

Any advice?

Cheers :)

Comments

• SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're brave wearing that ! But the shoes are a great match for the dress even if they'll kill your poor feet. I thought those huge platforms were going out now ? I think these look more elegant and would match that dress very well. Get more use out of them too.
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_053010805460_-1
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I am going to a wedding reception on Friday and I am thinking of wearing this dress but not sure what shoes to wear.

I have these shoes and think they will match perfectly but just wondered if there is any other style/colour shoes I could match with the dress.

Any advice?

I think the shoes are a bit slutty to be honest.
    I'm more with the shoes that SeasideLady suggests.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's an age thing but I personally don't think that dress is suitable for a wedding reception
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the dress and the shoes OP picked. If OP has the figure then I say go for it.

Take a coat though, it's bloody freezing!
  • Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're brave wearing that ! But the shoes are a great match for the dress even if they'll kill your poor feet. I thought those huge platforms were going out now ? I think these look more elegant and would match that dress very well. Get more use out of them too.
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_053010805460_-1

Why brave to wear the dress? With me being quite short, the dress actually sits nearer the knee on me than on the model :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the dress and the shoes OP picked. If OP has the figure then I say go for it.

Thank you for your kind comments :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I think the shoes are a bit slutty to be honest.
    I'm more with the shoes that SeasideLady suggests.

:eek::eek::eek: Really? They are lovely on and I have had nothing but positive comments when I have worn them before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I second this!
    That dress is stunning, love the shoes too.

If its the evening part you are going to then I think it will be lovely, if somebody came to my wedding reception wearing that the only thought I would have had is how lovely an outfit it is. If you are going to the day part then its a bit iffy dependant on how short it is on you. The model is 5"9 so on most women (I assume most) then they will gain a couple of inches in length.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: Really? They are lovely on and I have had nothing but positive comments when I have worn them before.

I think they are quite classical (but with a modern twist), in my opinion not slutty at all..
    A very beautiful shoe, will go really well with the dress.

I'm going to look at the shoe again, I think my shopping spree from earlier today in town is about to be extended to new shoes :D:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second this!
    That dress is stunning, love the shoes too.

If its the evening part you are going to then I think it will be lovely, if somebody came to my wedding reception wearing that the only thought I would have had is how lovely an outfit it is. If you are going to the day part then its a bit iffy dependant on how short it is on you. The model is 5"9 so on most women (I assume most) then they will gain a couple of inches in length.
    I think they are quite classical (but with a modern twist), in my opinion not slutty at all..

I'm going to look at the shoe again, I think my shopping spree from earlier today in town is about to be extended to new shoes :D:D:o

Thank you BoL! I am only 5ft 1 so the dress not too short on me - I am not sure if I would wear it to a day wedding but think it will be nice and suitable for a reception!

I love the shoes and I recommend you getting some, in fact I insist you buy yourself them for being so nice to me :D:cool:
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why brave to wear the dress? With me being quite short, the dress actually sits nearer the knee on me than on the model :)

Because it is very short and clingy - you have to have a superb figure, great arms and legs, with no rolls of fat anywhere, to carry it off. Most 40 year old ladies wouldn't be able to do so - lucky you if you can :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you BoL! I am only 5ft 1 so the dress not too short on me - I am not sure if I would wear it to a day wedding but think it will be nice and suitable for a reception!

I love the shoes and I recommend you getting some, in fact I insist you buy yourself them for being so nice to me :D:cool:

:D well! As you insist! I had best get shoe shopping! Would be rude not to :D
    I absolutely love shoes, especially the concealed platform ones. Shoes, make up and dresses makes me a very happy bunny :D

Def wear the outfit, its stunning and extremely well put together in my opinion. What type of bag you taking (I love handbags too but my husband has banned me from buying more as I've too many apparently and hardly use them.. :o ) ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is very short and clingy - you have to have a superb figure, great arms and legs, with no rolls of fat anywhere, to carry it off. Most 40 year old ladies wouldn't be able to do so - lucky you if you can :)

Bodycon dresses are very flattering, they are designed to hide lumps and bumps (for the wearers that have them).

As Tasty Delight said, she's 5ft 1, so 8 inches shorter than that model wearing it so it will not be as short.

Edit to add, a bodycon wouldn't look good nor fit properly if the underwear fits badly. With properly fitting underwear they can make many different shapes/sizes look good. Especially the optical illusion ones, as they create the illusion of small waist/curves in right places.

Underwear is very important in making a dress look good, its amazing how often its overlooked.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Any advice?

I'VE GOT THAT DRESS!! And I bought these shoes to wear with. They don't look it in the pic but the studs are very sparkly and look more like diamantés or Swarovskis!

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/sandals/special-occasion/93961635-resita/36

However...my shoes are too slutty for a wedding reception!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The dress looks great. I would wear it to a wedding reception with a tailored jacket. I think it would look great with nude coloured wedge shoes which are great for making legs look longer. Black shoes would look great too. Also love this envelope clutch bag which would look great with your dress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    I'VE GOT THAT DRESS!! And I bought these shoes to wear with. They don't look it in the pic but the studs are very sparkly and look more like diamantés or Swarovskis!

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/sandals/special-occasion/93961635-resita/36

However...my shoes are too slutty for a wedding reception!

I have the court shoe version of those shoes, which are a lot higher, and I've worn them to a wedding! :D

I don't think they're slutty at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there's nothing wrong with those shoes, higher the better as far as I'm concerned, I think we've moved out of the era when tall heels are considered slutty.

the dress is nice, i agree a blazer would be nice to formal it up a bit for a wedding and as you say it comes a bit longer on you then it's a winner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    It's definitely a great match. I would just go for the shoes with the dress. Love it !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to you who have given me positive feedback/advice! Can't wait to wear dress and shoes tonight :)