Options

Who would like to be your 12th Doctor?

Comments

• Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't normally go for the 'pretty boy' vote, but Damien Moloney.would be an inspired choice.

The last two series of Being Human weren't perfect in terms of the writing, but Moloney (along with Michael Socha and Kate Bracken) ensured that it was still always must see television.

And if Being Human had to be replaced by the dour snoozefest that was 'In The Flesh', then we should at least reap one benefit from the show's premature demise.
  • Options
    saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    I wouldn't normally go for the 'pretty boy' vote, but Damien Moloney.would be an inspired choice.

The last two series of Being Human weren't perfect in terms of the writing, but Moloney (along with Michael Socha and Kate Bracken) ensured that it was still always must see television.

And if Being Human had to be replaced by the dour snoozefest that was 'In The Flesh', then we should at least reap one benefit from the show's premature demise.

^^^ this x 1000
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    :D Hooray! Quite right too.

Hope the BBC are looking at this!!!

Vote Damien Moloney. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Hugh Laurie hands down
  • Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    ValW wrote: »
    Aaah my '80s crush! :o I got my life-long love of radio comedy listening to him in Radio Active. I'm surprised he's never landed a big leading role. He'd be great if they want to go down the more professor-ish route rather than getting a young action man.

He still a lot of small character parts/adverts on telly, he pops up all over the place! He also does a lot of the 'other' voices on Old Harry's Game on radio too.

Of course, he was also in the Hee Bee Gee Bees, and was the (uncredited) singer of a 1980's No1 single! (Would he be the first Doctor to have topped the charts..?)

I loved him as Martin Brown too, and I actually bought a cast-signed script of Hitch-Hiker's Guide Series 5 from him on ebay..!
  • Options
    Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Harry Lloyd, Chiwetel Ejiofor or Rory Kinnear.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of the suggestions I've seen are just plain awful.

And it's completely impossible that yours are, eh?
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Coogan
    David Schneider
    Omid Djalili
    Peter Capaldi
    Chris Addison
    Paul Kaye
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people still don't get the fact that they usually cast a relatively unknown in the role.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I think some people still don't get the fact that they usually cast a relatively unknown in the role.

To be fair, the title of thread is "Who would you like to be your 12th Doctor?", not "Who do you think will be..." :)
  • Options
    LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Carlisle
  • Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »

Totally agree with this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Robert Lindsay please.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the title of thread is "Who would you like to be your 12th Doctor?", not "Who do you think will be..." :)

Fair enough but saying someone who is famous and unlikely to even be considered for the role appears to be a waste of time! That is one reason I keep mentioning Damien Molony.
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I re-watched "The Snowmen" tonight with my friends and I thought that it would be interesting if, when Richard E. Grant was fighting The Doctor and turning him into ice, Richard E. Grant infused some of his "adaptive snow crystals" into The Doctor so that when Matt Smith regenerated he regenerated into Richard E. Grant. He would basically be The Doctor, but he could then have all of The Great Intelligence's knowledge added to his own. I think that would be very interesting and I would like to see Richard E. Grant take a real stab at being The Doctor (i.e. not just in a comedy special (see The Curse of Fatal Death)).

What do you think?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Unrealistically....John Christopher Depp II or Edward John Izzard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Fair enough but saying someone who is famous and unlikely to even be considered for the role appears to be a waste of time! That is one reason I keep mentioning Damien Molony.

The entire point is for people to share who they would like to see in the role. By your way of thinking, the whole thread is a waste of time?
  • Options
    GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Rupert Graves
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Carlisle
    Doubt he'd leave OUAT, but that's a good shout.
  • Options
    rettop70rettop70 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I hear Richard Madden may be free
    and would be interesting given JLC being already on the show ;)

or Iwan Rheon playing it similiar to his Misfits role?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Actually people like William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston and even David Tennant at the time to a degree kind of prove that wrong.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aeres wrote: »
    Robert Lindsay please.

Good call.
  • Options
    velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Well this guy already has experience of playing an Alien:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gardner