Options

People who shout random abuse out of car windows?

124»

Comments

• Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    It is a term to infer lack of intelligence; a criterion which inevitably someone who hurls racial epithets duly fulfills.

TBH anybody who shots any abuse out of a car or just in general must be a bit simple
  • Options
    skinleyskinley Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    TBH anybody who shots any abuse out of a car or just in general must be a bit simple

Agree.

I just wonder why it has happened to certain posters on multiple occasions when others have never encountered this phenomena.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    skinley wrote: »
    The only person who has mentioned anything about race is you.

Erm...:confused:
    Its never happened to me thankfully, but some idiots did throw eggs at my mum out of a car window a couple of years ago, whilst shouting racial abuse.
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    How pleasant. :rolleyes:
    It's a shame a minority of knuckle-dragging dickwads give young people in general such a bad reputation.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And 30 seconds later you took one of my posts and altered it. I knew the general level of intelligence on this forum was pretty low but I didn't realise it was this bad.

You noticed, why didn't you reply straight away. Or are you right the general level of intelligence is low. I think it needs to drop now. I didn't completely change it at least.
    Plus some of your posts have been removed, I'd watch my step.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You noticed, why didn't you reply straight away.

I didn't think it was all that urgent, maybe it was to you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plus some of your posts have been removed, I'd watch my step.

Yes I noticed, do you know why this happened?

Genuine question.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Agree.

I just wonder why it has happened to certain posters on multiple occasions when others have never encountered this phenomena.

Depends where you live I suppose

It usually happens to me off season when I'm walking down the sea front where there is nobody else around but as on other occasions again when nobody else is there.

TBH I think a lot of these people know who to target for same reason they can tell who will more likely be intimidated by it
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I noticed, do you know why this happened?

Genuine question.

You started trading Knob calling with Billy Value ?

Really, I don't want to fall out.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a bus driver but jaywalkers stepping out in the road should be a capital offence as they just expect you to give way to them - often when there is a pedestrian crossing about 25 metres away. London and Bradford are two places where it is particularly prevalent.

They're not 'jaywalkers' as there's no such thing in this country.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You started trading Knob calling with Billy Value ?

Really, I don't want to fall out.

It's ok, we can't fall out as we don't know each other.

I called BV a knob because I thought the comment he made was stupid, your opinion is probably different to mine.

NEWS FLASH, HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.

EDIT, Thanks for answering my question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Jol44 wrote: »
    They're not 'jaywalkers' as there's no such thing in this country.:p

True. We tend to know them as nobhead bellends.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    People who shout random abuse out of car windows?

Half the time you can't work out what it is they are saying the car's moving so fast. Why do these idiots do it?

I can only assume it's to make people jump out of their skin, and the amusement it gives to these people. Little things please little minds and all that. As you say though, you can't usually make out what's being said, especially if the car is going quite fast.

Drive by abuse is very common though. Too many idiots with too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Ah, this happened to me the other day! I was walking the dog - on the pavement, not in the road - and pig-box pulled up beside me (a pig box is what we call those tiny, crappy cars filled with ugly chavs greased up and poured into their boobtubes: they can usually be recognised at a distance because Beyonce or something like that is blaring out of the rubbish speakers) and one hung out the window and started barking at me. She made me jump, but it was funny when the dog went for her. He almost took her face off and she started to scream. They drove off quite quickly, but I didn't catch what they were burbling at that point :D
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember there was once a letter to our local paper from an old man who said he was riding his bike, and a car went past with some young blokes in. One of them sounded a horn (presumably a hand-held one with a rubber bulb to squeeze) and he nearly fell off his bike. The old chap nearly fell off his bike and the lads drove off laughing. The old bloke said he was just near the university and the lads came from that direction, so he suspected they were students. He said as a young man he'd have challenged each of the lads, in turn, to several rounds in the ring with gloves on, and it was a shame he was 80 or so now, and so past that. It did amuse me a bit, that story (I was only 17 at the time, though).
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I can only assume it's to make people jump out of their skin, and the amusement it gives to these people. Little things please little minds and all that. As you say though, you can't usually make out what's being said, especially if the car is going quite fast.

Drive by abuse is very common though. Too many idiots with too much time on their hands.

Young and stupid - 'buswankers' comes to mind.