Britney Spears - Work Bitch (1st Single)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange how some Britney fan's don't seem to grasp that an on air/on sale wouldf have given her a DISMAL UK chart position.

Surely as a Britney fan you'd think you'd want your icon to have a top 3 smash. A promo campaign BEFORE it's release is the right way to go.

I for one am glad about this rather than see it flop in our charts come Sunday!!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's already falling away on the iTunes chart. she needs to take her own advice and get that promo going before people lose complete interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god it wasn't released here last Sunday.

I'm hoping for some solid promo over the next month, big airplay and a top 2 position..

This album has to sell big here!
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Work Bitch been added to any of the UK radio playlists as of yet? Anyone heard it on radio?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully radio play will build up in October as the track is released right at the beginning of Nov.

Lets hope she gets the X Factor/Radio 1/This Morning/Alan Carr/Jonothan Ross/ T4 music/ and all the other channels of UK promo...Not forgetting Strictly...Really hope she's here towards the end of Oct for some good solid promo.

This track so deserves it.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Has Work Bitch been added to any of the UK radio playlists as of yet? Anyone heard it on radio?

Nope, and with a 4th November release date it won't be for weeks yet (if at all of course).
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    it's already falling away on the iTunes chart. she needs to take her own advice and get that promo going before people lose complete interest

it is fall falling fast and looks likely drop out of the itunes top 10 shortly in the us. forecasters are predicting 175k first week sales and a top 20 placing on the hot 100, top 10 at a push.

i agree, she need to find some motivation from her "motivational" track and get behind this release.:D personally, i just don't think the song is good enough in all honesty. people can say whatever they like about britney and often they aren't far wrong really,:o but usually her team can deliver a great comeback track and this doesn't seem to have happened this time.

i can help wondering whether will.i.am's influence will prove to be a help or a hindrance...
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    It was a promo track for upcoming album and vegas announcement. I expect a US top 10 hit, especially when the video is available. Great tune. It could be a top 5 UK hit!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is doing really very well on US radio. It's already within the top 30 and it hasn't been officially added yet.

I think it will be another top 5 for Britney in the US, but she never seems bothered about international promotion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do well in the UK.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I like the chorus. It makes me bop :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I like the chorus. It makes me bop :D

Haha! Great stuff! Me too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked by the song's underperformance. Billboard predict that it will only sell 175k copies by the end of the week and it may miss the top 10 altogether! 'HIAM' sold almost 450k and debuted at #1!! And the song is not doing so well internationally either. I knew the song is not commercial enough to catch on immediately, but I thought her core fans would support her more...
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I'm shocked by the song's underperformance. Billboard predict that it will only sell 175k copies by the end of the week and it may miss the top 10 altogether! 'HIAM' sold almost 450k and debuted at #1!! And the song is not doing so well internationally either. I knew the song is not commercial enough to catch on immediately, but I thought her core fans would support her more...

You have to remember though that the song is only a week old yet, it's not the most commercial mainstream sound therefore will take time grow on people and make an impact. ALSO more importantly the music video is not out yet to support the single and Britney is yet to perform the song live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh all her iconic songs seem to flop in the u.s take Slave for example :/
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An appearance on Alan Carr's Chatty Man.
    Hopefully just the START of UK promotion!
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, so she is now going to be on Alan Carr...I can't believe it, some actual promo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Actual promo yes xx
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's her new interview with E, she really does seem back to normal! She has her personality totally back!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWWjuGaqcw&feature=youtu.be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who else is SO glad she didn't release this here last Sunday??

Can you imagine where she would have reached the UK charts!! Thankfully with promo/radio build up it'l get top 3..(Fingers crossed)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't sure about this song at first but I am pleased to say it has REALLY grown on me.

I will always have a huge soft spot for Britney. Seen her in concert twice and she puts on an awesome show, whatever the "haters" want to think.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Here's her new interview with E, she really does seem back to normal! She has her personality totally back!

Wow she's amazing in that interview...what happened? Did she stop her medication? Did they deactivate the robot clone and replace it with the real Britney?

It's a shame this Britney wasn't around for The X Factor. She seems so much more natural now. :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

Where was this Brinty on X Factor?:eek:
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the song is free falling on us itunes at the moment, why is her team not getting behind the single?:confused: its good that she has planned in one performance for the uk, but surely she should be doing something in the us to support the track? i realise the video isn't released yet and no promotion has been announced, but people expect an early peak from britney with her lead singles and this song could quickly be labelled a flop.

from interviews and pictures she does seem in good shape both physically and mentally, which i am really pleased about. people that suffer from mental health issues can react better to a change in medication or perhaps the exercise could have made all the difference in this scenario and hats off to her for physically preparing for her vegas début. considering what she has been through, i think a lot of people will always want the best possible health for britney and for her to reach her potential in her work.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song has grown on me a lot. A thumping good track and a lot of fun. I still hope there won't be too much dance stuff on her new album and there'll be some poppier stuff and ballads too. A mixture, I guess. I always like a bit of a mix, music wise, from Britney! Still wishing I could get to Vegas for her show but alas, can't afford it, lol. She's great in that new interview. More "alive", somehow. I think maybe having her kids with her made her more relaxed, perhaps.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    An appearance on Alan Carr's Chatty Man.
    Hopefully just the START of UK promotion!

I cant hardly believe it . Finally some promo overseas and I love the Alan Carr show so even better :)