Options

Female celebrities you DO like

2»

Comments

• Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Paloma Faith, she always seems to be good fun and very down to earth. I am sure there are more but she's the one that stands out for me.
  • Options
    kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most of the women named and would add Kathy Burke :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kalouk wrote: »
    I agree with most of the women named and would add Kathy Burke :)

Oh, yes! Kathy Burke is a cracker!! :D
  • Options
    LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are quite a few I like some have already been mentioned but I will add some of my list.......:)

Judi Dench
    Miranda Hart
    Kelly Brook
    Sandra Bullock
    Mariska Hargitay
    Billie Piper
    Melissa McCarthy
    Kate Winslet
    Doris Day
    Emma Thompson
    Coco (ice Ts wife)
    Jessica Alba
    Jessica Simpson
    Linda Carter
    Eva Longoria
    Katie Piper
    Sarah Millican

That will do for now sorry for any that have already been mentioned.....:D
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink
    Pamela Anderson
    Mutya Buena
    Keisha Buchanan (unpopular choice, but I think she's a bit of a pantomime villain)
    Heidi Range
    Amelle Berrabah
    Jade Ewen
    (I don't know enough about the remaining Sugababe, Siobhan, to know if I like her or not)
    Mel C
    Rebecca Ferguson
    Amy Winehouse
    The ABBA women
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put me down for Paloma Faith and Kate Winslet as well.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roisin Conaty (comedian, and actress in Man Down. Very likeable and down-to-earth)
    Valentina Lisitsa (incredible pianist)
    Louise Farrenc (19th century classical composer who should be known as one of the greats)
    Sophie Germain (self-taught mathematician, who could have been one of the historical greats had she been given an education - although she didn't do too badly on her own!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry always seems to be a good laugh and doesnt take herself too seriously
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Essentially this thread is about women who other women find to be unthreatening and not overly attractive.

Oh, interesting. I didn't read the thread title as: 'Female forum members only: Please say who you like as a female celeb and only if you like them because they are unthreatening or not overly attractive'. I must get some new glasses.
    Rubbish. This thread was made in good faith in an attempt to highlight talent and class.

I'm really getting sick to the back teeth of some of the attitude on this forum. I'm wondering why I bothered signing up.

Don't let silly attitudes stop you from posting:)
    Mrfenty wrote: »
    Yeah, I see what you mean but the majority of the people mentioned are not a threat to women. Even though people like Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett are not ugly, they wouldn't be classed as "sexy" by men.

Also I'm not saying you should like fame **** like Kim K, Helen Flanagan amongst others but there are girls out there who are stunning to men but are not parading their relationships and personal lives for the world to see and seem like genuine people, like Jourdan Dunn, Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington Whitely, Mila Kunis, Eva Mendes, Sofia Vergara etc

Really? & this is based on a straw poll of who?

Thank you for advising us of who we should and shouldn't like - much appreciated. Obviously, as a woman, it's difficult to articulate an opinion without assistance so fair play to you for offering such an invaluable service. Also, great that you have such insight into all men and their attractions.

Personally, the female celebs I like include:

Cate Blanchett
    Mila Kunis (yes, really, I mean sexy and all, who'da THUNK it)???:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Madonna
    Joan Rivers
    Ellen de Generes
    Shirley Manson
    Lily Allen
    Nicole Sherzinger
    Caitlin Moran
  • Options
    LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, interesting. I didn't read the thread title as: 'Female forum members only: Please say who you like as a female celeb and only if you like them because they are unthreatening or not overly attractive'. I must get some new glasses.

Don't let silly attitudes stop you from posting:)

Really? & this is based on a straw poll of who?

Thank you for advising us of who we should and shouldn't like - much appreciated. Obviously, as a woman, it's difficult to articulate an opinion without assistance so fair play to you for offering such an invaluable service. Also, great that you have such insight into all men and their attractions.

Personally, the female celebs I like include:

Cate Blanchett
    Mila Kunis (yes, really, I mean sexy and all, who'da THUNK it)???:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Madonna
    Joan Rivers
    Ellen de Generes
    Shirley Manson
    Lily Allen
    Nicole Sherzinger
    Caitlin Moran

BIB oooh forgot her off my list :) she is great.
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judi Dench
    Caroline Quentin
    Cate Blanchett
    Milla Jovovich
    Brigitte Bardot
    Pauline Quirke
    Emma Thompson
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    Katie Piper

Oh yes, I love her too. A truly beautiful person and a great inspiration. I wish she was on TV more often.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helena Bonham Carter
    Cate Blanchett
    Victoria Beckham
    Katie Piper
    Billie Piper
    Jennifer Aniston
    Kelly Brook
    Nicole Sherzinger
    Kelly Rowland
    Sandra Bullock
    Paloma Faith
    Lily Allen

Weirdly, according to some on here my oh quite fancies a few of them as well
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I was a bit worried about posting again in case I was lumped in with the DS White Knight brigade (my post earlier was an attempt to be light hearted, not sure if it backfired or not!), but I was going to say Katie Piper also. It's rare I find someone genuinely inspirational but that woman actually astounds me.

There are many more females of course, but she was the first person that came to my mind.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a nice idea as a counterpoint, but TBH there are so many it's kind of hard to list them all, what with them being half of the population.

J-Law of course my fave at the moment, sexy, funny, talented, down-to-earth, grounded, and tries to be a good role-model for her fans, particularly the young ones.

Do sports people count, I could probably name a fair few athletes.

People not mentioned so far

Lauren Laverne
    Heather Morris
    Taylor Momsen
    Clare Grogan
    Lauren Cohan
    Jamie Murray
    Kate Walsh (US)
    Sarah Silverman

and I could go on and on....
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, too many to list since the majority of those that are on my radar are women I really like, love even.

Agree with pretty much most of those already mentioned (love seeing Paloma Faith on this list) and will just add, for the record, and because they're most recent in my memory from films I've watched:

Frances McDormand
    Tilda Swinton
    Vera Farmiga
    Viola Davis
  • Options
    HelenSnowflakeHelenSnowflake Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis
    Ellie Golding
    Paloma Faith
    Pink
    Mel C
    Nicole Sherzinger
    Fearne Cotton
    The little mix girls seem quite nice now....hope fame won't change them but time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, Tilda Swinton.

& Roisin Murphy
    Helen Chamberlain
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I like a lot of female celebrities, but my particular favourite ''category'', if you will, is ''American Comediennes''. :D

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Silverman, Sandra Bernhard, Joan Rivers, Amy Schumer, Wanda Sykes, Ellen DeGeneres (on a good day, she can be too peppy sometimes), Kathy Griffin (when she's not too kitschy), Chelsea Handler (when she's not too annoying), etc. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a lot of female celebrities, but my particular favourite ''category'', if you will, is ''American Comediennes''. :D

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Silverman, Sandra Bernhard, Joan Rivers, Amy Schumer, Wanda Sykes, Ellen DeGeneres (on a good day, she can be too peppy sometimes), Kathy Griffin (when she's not too kitschy), Chelsea Handler (when she's not too annoying), etc. :D

Would agree with all those - love Silverman in particular.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I have quite a few :)

Emma Watson
    Samantha Barks
    Keira Knightley
    Laura Marling
    Hayley Williams
    Claudia Winkleman
    All of The Saturdays
    Emma Stone
    Britney Spears
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judi Dench - everything I've heard about her seems to be point to a wicked sense of humour
    Anne Reid - another older lady with a humour
    Helen Mirren
    Totally agree about Kelly McDonald and her co-star in 'Gosford Park' Emily Watson is awesome too.
    I have a soft spot for Rebecca Hall - there a sort of on-screen charisma to her which makes me root for every character she plays even the waspish one in Parade's End.
    Gina McKee - if I could look like anyone I'd chose her or Julianne Moore
    I know she''s not everyone's cup of tea but I quite like Gaby Logan
    Clare Balding
    Ellen Page
    Kate Winslet - yes she a lovey but she seems like a nice one with a sense of humour and humanity about her
    Penny Lancaster seemed like a lovely lady when she was on SCD
    Sophie Ellis Bexter
    Zoe Ball - read the 'nice and nasty celebs' thread and you'll not hear a bad word said about her.
    Eve Myles - always seems like a nice person too.
    Claudia Winkleman - seems to be as daft as a brush but like likeable with it.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Sandra Bullock
    Nadia Sawalha
    Pink
    Whoopi Goldberg
    The Queen
    Kate Winslet
    Zoe Ball