Sophies rumba classically lovely

musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
Forum Member
Just wanted to say it was an amazing routine and beautifully danced she had a lot more control technical aspects, balance, core, brushing past, and judges missed it all, the rumba is not about sex its about intimacy, connection...just as someone else said they allready pre marked Sophie..

Well said Brendan :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Totally agree. I think the judges and the audience were going to go to blows.
  • sey77sey77 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicangel wrote: »
    Just wanted to say it was an amazing routine and beautifully danced she had a lot more control technical aspects, balance, core, brushing past, and judges missed it all, the rumba is not about sex its about intimacy, connection...just as someone else said they allready pre marked Sophie..

Well said Brendan :D

I totally agree. How could Darcy give that beautiful dance the same score as Marks, and I like Mark.

The judges definitely seem to have it in for Sophie the last few weeks. It doesn't matter what she dances. Some couples just have to turn up to get high marks.
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Hope people vote
  • soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Loved that rhumba and totally agree with Brendan. will get my online votes this week
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I wanted to like it, but it didn't flow for me. It lacked hip action and she was smiling throughout.
  • snogglewortsnogglewort Posts: 2,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it. She got 3 of my 5 votes tonight.
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie was beautiful.
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 of my 10 votes tonight. I do wonder if it would help giving Sophie an acting coach (overall, not in reference to tonight)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know much abou the technicalities but I thought it was a beautiful dance. My favourite of the evening.
  • tinselgirltinselgirl Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    Don't know much abou the technicalities but I thought it was a beautiful dance. My favourite of the evening.

I really loved it too. Thought it was gorgeous.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a beautiful dance. It really does seem as if the judges are refusing to see how good Sophie is and this week this showed more than ever before.
    What the hell does she have to do to get fair marks?
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it , thought it was just lovely .Simple and classy .
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the dance was average, but the dress! That dress was the sexiest dress ever. When will women learn that a little mystique is way sexier than showing all the skin that is allowed in law?
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    It was a very average rumba, hardly any hip action.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie is the most expressive and musical of the ladies left IMO. I'd rather watch her dance something not technically perfect that has some feeling to it than a dullfest that Abbey serves up.
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, it looked beautiful and sensuous - in a romantic way. I think the judges were eating bitter pills tonight :(
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    No hip action but i thought it was heart felt and charming. I enjoyed it way more than Abbey and Natalie who were so highly marked. And way more than many other rumbas of the past.
  • MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it,beautiful dance:)
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Daisy_M wrote: »

Neither do I or 90% of the viewers I would guess and I thought it was lovely to watch.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it too.. thought it had class and made me feel relaxed... in fact I think I enjoyed it the most tonight.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    J.R wrote: »
    I loved it, it looked beautiful and sensuous - in a romantic way. I think the judges were eating bitter pills tonight :(

Yeah - like that description :)

:o
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was mesmerising. Brendan's choreography was fab as ever.
    The comments Sophie gets from the judges makes me think they are a little resentful of her.
    Maybe she has offended them backstage or something.
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was pretty to look at and Sophie looked lovelly but with hardly any rumba action
  • KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weird marking and makes you want to defy the judges lol
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it and agree with Brendan I thought it was the best dance this evening <3